“Good day out”
Review of Flamingo Land ltd

Flamingo Land ltd
Ranked #2 of 23 things to do in Malton
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We visited flamingo land on Easter Monday and the place was surprisingly quiet. We had a buy one get one free voucher which was handy - easily found if searching the internet.
Upon arrival we visited the toilets - not nice. Old, needed cleaning and in serious need of more cubicles! This didn't put us off though.
Quite a few big thrill rides however my favourite, Kumali, was closed due to technical faults. Bit disappointing but can't be helped I suppose.
Not overly impressed with the animals - the only ones which were out were the ostriches, and the peacocks which escaped their enclosure!
Food - we only had a hotdog so can't really comment however the places to eat look tired and shabby.
Overall we did have a good day but they need to improve their facilities eg toilets and maybe try have a fully operational theme park in relation to rides. Would go back though

Reviewed 14 July 2014

If you want to spoil the kids on a full fun day out.... You may need a week end to get most of it in then this is to place to go ... Your pass cost about £35 each for the day all the rides are included and the zoo is as we'll ..... Theirs loads to do for all ages and you don't have to wait more than 10 mins at the most in peak season..... We, me wife and grandson got an unlimited pass £205 for 3 days because we hired a caravan on the resort nice as we'll 2 bedrooms all mod cons home from home for £125 for 3 days..... So our pass also let us use the swimming baths... Golf... And use the club house at night time to use the bar had a lot of great top acts .... And is a must if you have got little ones they will keep them entertained to take the clamp of your head food is takeaway American style.... Fish chips ... Pizza .... Burgers .... Fast food

1  Thank CarpetfiterSteve
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Quite disappointed with this place, only paid £55 for a family ticket via Viking fm offers. If I'd have paid anymore would have felt very ripped off! 2 of the big rides closed due to technical faults and the cable cars also not operating, flip flop and the monorail were also intermittently out of action through the day.
The whole park has a slightly sad feel to it, due to the fact that it needs quite a bit of tlc. Lots of the park is just shabby and unloved.
I was pleased to see there were some better quality eating areas though. We originally tried the coach house but we went on a Sunday and all there was on was a carvery, I explained I was a vegetarian but was told all they could give me was a plate of veg! We ended up at the manor house instead, very plush surroundings, lovely service and lovely food, you can almost forget you're in flamingo land. Although £3.20 for a black coffee, come on!!
Will certainly not rush to go back due to the general shabbiness of the park, closed rides and the other problem of some of the clientele! I don't particularly like my children to witness loud mouthed scots screaming and swearing at their children, you will find this in abundance here, so be warned!

3  Thank janeclayton
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Had an amazing day with my 2 and 1/2 year old boy was pleased he was able to go on so many of the rides. I was worried he would not be tall enough for some but most let him on with an adult if not alone. We used 2 for 1 voucher with free lunch which was great value and we had fish and chips which were nice. Drinks and icecreams ect were reasonably priced. Great day out even with the rain.

2  Thank challij
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Visited here with my family and a 4 year old, we had a brilliant day out, there was plenty of rides that everyone could go on, it wasn't really busy which was good as you weren't queuing for ages to get on things (we went in term time) could have done with another day there as we didn't get round all the zoo or see the shows that were on during the day. I would go back I loved it

1  Thank WorrilowLady