We stayed at The Talbot hotel for a weekend in late September for a friend's wedding in the area and chose it because it looked like a quality hotel in the right location. We only booked a Ryedale Room which is the most reasonable on offer but were pleasantly surprised as our room was large and well appointed with a modern shower room and Penhaligon twiddlies. The bed was very comfortable and we could open a window in the room as fresh air is very important to me anywhere we stay! Tea for two was delivered on arrival very promptly after a call to order it. The whole hotel had a calm and relaxing atmosphere.
Two tiny things which would have made our stay perfect would have been a smaller lighted mirror in the bathroom to apply make-up and as well as the amazing monsoon shower a hand held shower. However, these are very minor things and not massively important, just thought I would mention them.
Breakfast was delicious and served in the restaurant and an additional room with delightful views adjacent to the restaurant. We didn't eat in the restaurant in the evening. We did sit in the well-appointed downstairs rooms to read the papers and had some sandwiches in the bar at lunchtime on the day of the wedding we attended. All the staff we met were very pleasant and happy to chat which was nice.
We ate out on the Friday night at 'The New Malton' restaurant/pub which provided a great atmosphere and very reasonably priced food.
Malton is a lovely market town and well worth a stroll around - a couple of great interior shops.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Talbot Hotel - Malton Wentworth Restaurant - Malton Brasserie - Malton Cookery School Dating back to 1740 this lovely old hotel was reinvented in 2012 and named Small Hotel of the Year at Welcome to Yorkshire's White Rose Awards in 2014. The Wentworth Restaurant holds 2 AA rosettes. The country hotel design and atmosphere combined with its historic market town location convenient for York, the moors and coast has made it the place to say in the area. There are 26 individually furnished bedrooms, drawing room and bar, extensive landscaped grounds, two restaurants - the Wentworth Restaurant and Malton Brasserie - and the Wentworth Room for private dining and meetings. Just a short walk from the hotel is the Malton Cookery School, under the same management. The kitchen is in the hands of head chef Dan Graham who has worked under top chefs including Michel Roux at Le Gavroche. The Wentworth Restaurant offers contemporary British cooking with a fine dining 9 course tasting menu in the evenings and a Sunday lunch menu whilst the Malton Brasserie is open daily for lunch and dinner offering brasserie classics and a daily specials board. Working at the Talbot is about enthusiasm and a willingness to reach high standards in a friendly and fast paced environment. For more information please speak to us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Talbot Hotel Malton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Talbot Malton Nr York
- The Talbot Malton Nr York
- The Talbot Hotel Malton Yorkshire