Cafe 1618
Teesdale Hotel(Middleton in Teesdale)
US$109
Very Good 4/5
Brunswick House(Middleton in Teesdale)
US$120
Toprooms.com
Great 4.5/5
The Rose & Crown(Romaldkirk)
US$184
Jersey Farm(Barnard Castle)
US$135
Priceline
US$119
US$107
US$84
Great 4.5/5
The Manor House Hotel(West Auckland)
TripAdvisor
Good 3.5/5
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
Great 4.5/5
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 April 2013

Stopped in for diner on easter monday with our biker friends i had a the burger and chips with salad and partner had the omelette she said it was the nicest omelette she ever had and my burger and chips was all home made and very tasty. Would definitely stop again loverly atmosphere. Was very busy when we were there but service was still excellent.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GeordieDuo91
Reviewed 3 April 2013

It's special because John & Bev make you feel so welcome. The food is excellent and the service was friendly and informal. You are made to feel like one of the locals and one of the family. The atmosphere was brilliant and we had a fabulous evening with them all. Maybe too much wine!!!
The following morning John & Bev were opening up at 9.00am and offered us coffee before we resumed our bike trip. When we rode away we felt we were leaving friends.
I would also add that the place was spotless and would suggest the two reviewers who found it otherwise re-visit 1618. We certainly will.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Desert-Prince1892
Reviewed 20 February 2013

I was a local who loved to while away Saturday afternoons into evenings here. I no longer live in the area but love to return visit to a great welcome, fun, great food and a friendly atmosphere. Great place to be.... Check it out...

Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 January 2013

Is anyone else talking about the same place!? ... maybe the reviewer from 22/7/12 is... I would wholeheartedly agree with him based on my family's visit last Sunday. It was the only cafe open in the village that afternoon and once we got inside we found it was absolutely filthy. Everywhere was VERY untidy and grubby. The whole place needs a massive make-over and it is shabby and dirty. The toilet upstairs is the smallest pokey hole you could ever imagine. We couldn't stop laughing about it afterwards... thank goodness we are all able-bodied and slim or you would have a zero chance of getting in it. The seating area stunk so strongly of half-cooked chips/roast dinner (because they left the door to the kitchen wide open) that(despite trying to air them out later) we had to launder all our winter coats as a result of being in there for just 20 minutes. We decided not to chance the food and just stick to coffee and hot chocolate...I mean what could go wrong? Lots! Despite having an expresso machine the coffee was really weak and the overpriced hot chocolate my son had was a basic powder mix and two inches of aerosol cream foamed on the top. Afterwards I was absolutely kicking myself that we hadn't walked straight back out. I think Environmental Health surely need to inspect this place sooner rather than later. What a shame and what a lost opportunity in a lovely village.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Englishlakedistrict
Reviewed 20 November 2012

Cafe 1618 is bloomin' marvellous. A proper cafe serving proper home cooked food. The portions are huge and the quality always excellent. Try their Sunday roasts and you'll not be disappointed. Possibly the best pork crackling ever!

Always a great warming open fire, always busy with locals and tourists alike. You sometimes have to wait a little time for the food (as they are usually very busy) but its definitely worth it. Just chill out with the papers and savour the wonderful smells coming from the kitchen.

The lead miners pastie is a new favourite of mine - hearty, tasty and huge!

Whenever I am in Teesdale, this is where I have lunch. Superb!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends