“warm and welcoming, definately coming back.”
Review of Teesdale Hotel

Teesdale Hotel
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Having originally booked via a popular website I was contacted by owner David to say that the room I booked is not really there. After a discussion on my requirements it transpired that the popular website had got quite a bit wrong and what I had actually wanted from the very start was available. David kindly reserved me the family room for 2 adults 2 children and my little spaniel, the price of which was amazing. Due to being up at 4 am for a cycling event I wasn't expecting breakfast but the amazingly friendly and accomodating staff arranged for a table with cereals, toast, fruit juice, tea and coffee to be laid out so that I could fuel myself for the ride. Its little touches like this that leave you in no doubt you have found the right place.
The rest of my family crawled out of bed to watch us riders come past the hotel before enjoying their own breakfasts. Now, considering I have 2 of the fussiest kids I have ever known the rave reviews I got about their full breakfasts surprised me, luckily I got to sample this myself the following day and I must admit it is a lovely breakfast served by lovely friendly staff.
I would like to offer a massive thank you to all the staff for making our stay enjoyable and we look forward to booking again next year when I come back to take on those hills

Room Tip: All of the rooms are more than adequate for a good nights sleep. The family room has loads of floor...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Phil B
Davefalconer, Owner at Teesdale Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2014

Dear Phil B,
It is always best to book with us direct. We will match any online price and guarantee to provide breakfast for that price. Plus, we'll make sure you get your breakfast, even if it means setting you up to help yourself when you're getting out so early! Thanks for mentioning our really competitive prices; we work really hard to provide the best we can.

There are newer reviews for Teesdale Hotel

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Spent Saturday night in this hotel. We booked via a web booking site into a superior room. A few minutes later we received a call to say there was an issue and they only had a standard room which was a little cheaper to check thst was OK.

We arrived before the checkin time so had a drink in the bar. The member of staff on duty was fab really friendly and welcoming.

The room was spotless but the decor was a little tired. The bed was too soft for me but thats personal taste, it did suffer a bit of roll together so probably needs replacing in the near future.

We ate in the restaurant and the food was great, they had a good choice at reasonable prices and good portions. Again thecwaitress who looked after was great, very chatty.

Whilst the rooms dont make this place the staff and thecfood certainly do.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank K2006Mbro

Dear K2006Mbro,
Thanks so much for appreciating our efforts to make this a really friendly and hospitable place to stay. Hope to see you again!

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Unexpectedly lovely stopover location, on journey back to Scotland from Pembrokeshire. Enjoyed the drive in and the village is really lovely, hotel very accommodating to ourselves and the dog. Reasonable rates and good value food and drink. Spoilt for a choice of lovely walks in any direction in or out of the village.

Low and High Force waterfalls nearby (short drive) and Cauldron Snout a little bit further out.

Room Tip: Rm.11 - good views from window.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank terryhendry

Dear terryhendry,
Thanks for stumbling upon us. This area is still an undiscovered gem; you can walk in any direction into stunning countryside and there's a good chance you won't see a soul!

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Lovely clean room, crisp white linen and fluffy towels - loads of hot water for a bath ....excellent !

Food beautifully cooked and presented and of course very friendly, warm staff. David, the proprietor has customer satisfaction at the top of his list and nothing is too much trouble for him.

His freshly cooked breakfasts are the best we have ever had in a hotel ....... attention to detail without being pretentious ... that's what we love about The Teesdale.

Room Tip: Front rooms are light and airy.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sue c

Dear Sue,
Thanks so much for coming back again and thank you for appreciating us!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I took a walking party of 18 people for a weekend and nothing was too much trouble for the staff of this hotel. Booking arrangements were handled efficiently and effectively making it a stress free enjoyable experience, Whilst there, staff were friendly and helpful. Food and accommodation were good and contributed to a successful weekend,

Room Tip: Superior rooms are best
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Glenis R,
Thanks for bringing your walking party to The Teesdale and thanks for appreciating our efforts. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Provided you dont expect 5* rooms and food from a hotel only given 2 the Teesdale Hotel is just fine. No luxuries and the sort of plain fair you'd expect. There were two things that were 5* - the friendlieness of the staff and the beer - very well kept Black Sheep at a reasonable price. If you've been out walking all day in the wonderful countryside all around what more can you ask?

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Davefalconer, Owner at Teesdale Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear John B,
Thanks for your review. We always score very highly in the AA 2 star category because we provide quality clean and very reasonably priced accommodation. More than that though we provide great friendly and helpful hospitality and great value quality food. It's the extra we put in that makes us special! To be honest, I'm a little disappointed in your review; when we have big groups like yours it's a big job and we work very hard. Your group we're really positive about their stay, going out of their way to say so. Appreciation really matters; you all left a great tip and thanks so much for that, but it's not all about the money!

Reviewed 8 June 2014

The food was quite good, but the room was a disappointment. Both taps on the basin were loose, the loo seat was very loose. The bed side lamp shade was broken and hanging down, and the shower over the bath was positioned too close to the wall to allow a body to stand under it. However the bed was comfortable.
The breakfast was quite good but spoilt by the one waitress also having to man reception to book guests out and collect money- this took preference over serving breakfast. Staff were friendly and promised to fix the room

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Andy W,
That's a real shame! The feedback you gave me at checkout was really positive! If you had told me about those loose items I could have fixed them immediately..You did tell me about the taps but at the end of your stay. We try our best to stay on top of such little problems but we also do our best to give great value which means I do as much of the maintenance myself. The hotel is kept very clean indeed by my fantastic domestic staff.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Middleton in Teesdale
The Manor House Hotel
The Manor House Hotel
#1 of 1 in West Auckland
Radisson Blu Hotel Durham

Been to Teesdale Hotel? Share your experiences!