“Delicious Sunday lunch”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Hartlepool, England, United Kingdom
“Delicious Sunday lunch”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

My husband and I had a day out in Weardale and Teesdale. We stopped for lunch in the Teesdale Hotel ( never been in before ). Very friendly staff, absolutely delicious, hot, home made Sunday lunch. I would highly recommend to anyone and we will be going back soon.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Pauline F
Davefalconer, Owner at Teesdale Hotel, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Dear Pauline F,
Thanks for coming for our home cooked Sunday Lunch. Thanks for giving us five stars! See you again I hope.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“evening meal”
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Very helpful friendly staff.Wonderful atmosphere.We ate in bar as it was more relaxing warm fire.Wide choice of menu and down to earth stuff as well as my partner only likes traditional.Good food week served, efficient and extremely clean.Would recommend and go again.

Visited January 2014
Dear kangaroo017,
Thanks for the great review! Hope to see you again soon.
Yate, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Brilliant for food and large groups”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Our Ramblers group used the hotel and 2 neighbouring B&Bs as a base for a weekend of walking in Teesdale. All the group (38 in all) ate dinner in the restaurant and the food and service were both exceptional. The food was delicious, with plenty of choice, served hot and by very efficient and friendly staff. I personally did not stay in the hotel (there were too many of us), but would certainly recommend the food to everyone. Congratulations to all the staff.

1 Thank Jo T
Davefalconer, Owner at Teesdale Hotel, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Dear Jo T,
Thanks so much for that great review and thanks to you and the rest of your party for being so appreciative during your stay. We would be more than happy to have you all back again.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Quit moaning and give these young, caring people a chance! Fab food!”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

A top rate stay and meal at a budget price and in glorious countryside!!
What more could any one want?
All staff are pleasant and well trained. The bedrooms are spotlessly clean. Food is locally sourced and freshly made to order. Gorgeous! The proprietor/ manager really cares about his customers and it shows. Great beer - what are you waiting for?

• Visited August 2013
Davefalconer, Owner at Teesdale Hotel, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Dear sue c,
Thanks for having a great stay!! Thanks also for leaving such a lovely review. Hope to see you again soon!
North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
“Food quite good, bar a bit shabby”
Reviewed 2 October 2013

We had an evening meal here twice during out stay in Middleton, staff were friendly, bar area a bit shabby, could do with a facelift. We were offered the chance to eat in the restaurant, which looked very nice, but we'd have been the only people in there so we decided to stay in the bar, where there was at least a bit of atmosphere!

On the first evening my husband had steak and ale pie, which he said was quite good, steak was nicely cooked, pastry a bit thick. I had the Sunday roast, beef with all the trimmings, it was very nice, good selection of veg, and 2 Yorkshire puds! For dessert my husband had bakewell tart, they'd run out of cream so it was a bit dry. I had lemon sponge and custard, which was lovely. We didn't realise until after we'd left that I'd been overcharged for my meal, it was supposed to be £7.50 for one course and £10.00 for two courses, but the dessert was charged separately. Only a difference of £1, so no big deal, but staff please note!

On the second evening I had sirloin steak, my husband had lamb chops. Both were OK, steak had more fat than I would expect, chips were nice. My husband didn't have a dessert, I had Eton Mess, which I didn't enjoy at all, it seemed to be just a mixture of raspberries and cream, couldn't taste the meringue. Not a patch on the lemon sponge.

Overall it was good, prices were reasonable, wine nicely chilled. There was also free WiFi, a rarity in that area! I would give between 3 and 4 stars, but as that's not possible I've been generous and gone for four!

• Visited September 2013
Dear Anne1957,
We're glad you enjoyed your meals with us. The £10 for two course is for Sunday Lunchtime only so your dessert was charged separately. The bar is work in progress; we got busy during its refurbishment so it will be spruced soon! Thanks for taking the time to review us.