I met a lifelong friend and we stayed at The Forresters Hotel.On arrival we were greeted by the smiling and friendly owner,this was the start of a fantastic two night break in lovely Middleton,which held many childhood memories for me.The owner showed us to our lovely twin room,which was excellent,gorgeous luxury bathroom,telescope and all!beds spotless and very comfy,tea,coffee,hot chocolate readily available.The views towards the church and onto the village were lovely.We decided to stay in for our evening meals,and we were so glad we did!The food is first class,very French,a wonderful reflection on Franc the French owner,the quality was outstanding,and presentation so perfect.I personally had the twice baked cheese soufflé both evenings as it was second to none!main courses were yummy and we delighted in different choices,each of us thoroughly enjoying each evening meal!
Dan was the man at breakfast time!a breath of fresh air and made breakfast a blast!the ingredients used were delicious,fresh and tasty!enjoyed by us both!the pancakes were absolutely gorgeous.Thankyou for a terrific stay,your friendly attention to detail and atmospheric surroundings are a winner.Hope the season is good for you all,and can't wait to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Forresters Hotel & French Restaurant in Middleton in Teesdale offers French Cuisine “The Northern Portion” in a restaurant which has the authentic look and ambience of its French counter parts. Enjoy classic French dishes sush as Beef Bourguignon, Magret de Canard, Cheese Soufflé, King Scallops as well as delectable pastries, homemade Ice Cream and homemade chocolates. Watch out also for special nights such as moules frites and crepes. The Forresters also offer a Bar with Pool Table and large Selection of drinks, Lagers, Ciders including some French Cidre, large selection of Spirits and local Real Ales, a large selection of wines & sparkling wines is also available by the glass. Watch out for regular music entertainment Food served Tuesday to Saturday from 12.00pm All our rooms are en suite with Freeview TV, Tea/Coffee making facilities and WiFi access. Our licensed bar is open until midnight every day and our restaurant serves outstanding French style dishes. Dogs and children are welcome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Book Direct Rooms, Hotels.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Forresters Hotel & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Forresters Hotel And Restaurant
- The Forresters Hotel & Restaurant Middleton In Teesdale, Durham