We have been to the South Causey Inn a few times for meals (which are superb) but never had the need to stay. However, last time we went as wedding guests & decided to stay over. The wedding experience and the stay was both top class. I expected the wedding food to be rolled out en masse but I couldn't have been more surprised by the choice we were given the quality & quantity of the food. There were some lovely little touches in our room when we arrived including a couple of glasses of juice & some homemade cakes and cookies. The whole of our experience was lovely and I feel the need to stay over again - even though we only life about 8 miles away! Would thoroughly recommend. Just be prepared for the early morning call from the cockerel and donkey.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- South Causey Inn is a friendly welcoming independent hotel situated in the beautiful Beamish Valley.Set in 100 acres, South Causey Inn is an adaptable venue for a host of different events from a family get together, a Wedding to remember, a meeting place for colleagues or a relaxing overnight stay.We also have an adjacent British Horse Society Approved Equestrian Centre, which offers a range of outdoor activities to add a little something different to your day!We are splendidly situated only 6 miles from Durham City and 6 miles from Newcastle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your South Causey Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- South Causey Hotel Stanley
- South Causey Inn Stanley, Durham