“Simply excellent!”

Ranked #2 of 48 Restaurants in Seaton
Price range: US$7 - US$33
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Our search for the perfect steak starts in the West Country. This is where our premium grade beef is reared according to rigorous animal welfare and farming practices. Our beef is sourced from our local butcher who hand cuts the beef to exacting standards. The meat is also hung on the bone for Seven days in special maturation chilling rooms before being further matured off the bone for 21 days. Hence the term 28 day aged beef. It is this together with the fact that our cattle are prominently grass fed that makes our steaks so tender and delicious. We are not just about premium steak. We also offer handmade premium Steak burgers, Ribs, Chicken as well as daily specials which include locally caught fish.
Reviewed 20 June 2013

This place is a little gem! I ordered the rib eye and my partner had the rump. Excellent steak! We would travel up from Hampshire just to eat here again. The service was impeccable. I hope this place continues to provide this excellent dining experience.
Highly recommended.

Reviewed 19 June 2013

We have just returned from a thoroughly enjoyable experience at The Shed. Three of us had steak all cooked to perfection, my husband had the ribs and one member of our party wanted grilled chicken with new potatoes and spinach and although not on the menu they were happy to provide. Puddings were scrummy. The restaurant was quite busy but we did not have to wait long to be served. All in all I would not hesitate in recommending The Shed.

Reviewed 18 June 2013

I went here a week ago with some friends and had a great evening. The surroundings are terrific with a lot of thought put into the design and features - gorgeous bike as a centrepiece !
Made to feel very welcome by the staff and the service and speed of our meal was very good. The food itself was great, we were quite a large party and everyone really enjoyed their food. Great value too!
One slight criticism is that they had run out of cold wine and the beers were not that cold - but this could - and I am sure will- be easily sorted as the place has only been open a couple of weeks.
Overall fab - I am going back this weekend!

Reviewed 13 June 2013

Possibly the best steak I have had. Staff are really friendly but managers need to think of some training - no criticism of the staff who were great, but there is a training need. Food took a while to come but we worth the wait. Prices good value for money. Will be visiting again.

Reviewed 12 June 2013

How long have we been waiting for a decent restaurant in Seaton? The Shed fills a yawning gap in this east Devon seaside town and first impressions are that it is going to be a great success. Billed as a steak & grill eatery it delivers handsomely with some fine cuts of 28-day aged meat and tasty portions of chips. It is no frills, good value-for-money dining that should appeal to all age group - as long as you love your meat.
The wine list was particularly impressive and puts many other local restaurants to shame. A fine bottle of Oz Cab-Sauv - the Pugilist - was gorgeous and perfectly matched for a slab of red meat. I can only say give it a try and help ensure that this newcomer is a success as hopefully it will inspire others to follow.