“Great evening out, highly recommend.”
Review of The Malt House

The Malt House
Reserve with OpenTable
The Malt House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 49 Restaurants in Seaton
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Party of 10 us went out to celebrate my wife's birthday at the malt house.
Warm welcome with friendly atmosphere.
Good food and great service at very affordable price.
Great evening out highly recommend.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

We popped in one night midweek to seek shelter from the weather and had a quick drink at the bar. Returned the next night for a meal as liked the look of the menu the previous night. My pasta dish was excellent. All the food we ordered was piping hot, good quality and tasty. Lovely refurb, very cosy and comfortable. Staff all very friendly and accommodating. We went as a couple and with our baby on these occasions. Only downside is that they only accept cash, no card payments, but there a cash point across the square. We will most definitely return on one of our many trips here to family.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Since re opening My husband and I have eaten at The Malt House (it will always be the George to me!) 3 times.
The staff are very friendly and welcoming and very helpful. The food is excellent. On our first occasion we had the mixed grill, although it was all piled in top of each other, could have done with a slightly bigger plate the meat was all cooked to perfection. To our benefit we had sirloin steak as they had run out of rump. The sausage was lovely tasting and we have since been to the local butchers to purchase some for cooking at home as the meat is purchased from the butchers up the road. The chips are big and fluffy just how I like them. (much better than the chip shop chips served at the shed!)
we have also been back twice for burgers on a friday (2 for £12) and have to say they apart from my home made burgers they are the best tasting I have had. They are home made with a brioche bun.
On our last visit we took the parent and they all enjoyed their meals.
The drink prices are a bit steep at almost £4 for a pint of Heineken but then happy to pay as its the only place in Seaton that serves Heineken.
Will definately be back.
Having been brought up in Seaton I can remember when this was just a drinking pub and it was always busy. Hopefully the refurbishment will bring people back in, the food certainly should.

3  Thank gti_jen
Reviewed 8 April 2014

A lovely friendly welcome and good food was found at the malthouse. The refurbishment is great, adding to the warm atmosphere. Background music was well chosen and created a relaxing feeling. We would definitely want to return to this pub.Thanks Ruth and John, Barry South Wales

2  Thank RuthJohnCaz
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Read Mid week write up thought we would pay a visit, my husbands fish and chips was what you would expect however my stuffed chicken with tomato sauce well it was tomato ketchup sauce, fowl, when asked if meal was ok, my reply was " no, sauce tastes like ketchup," To be fair staff member offered to get me something else but having already waited over half an hour in pub with very few customers, I declined offer. I was brought another, well they called it sauce, it actually was TOMATO AND BASIL SOUP, please do treat me like I am stupid, Chef needs to learn to make a basic tomato sauce and have passion for food or find another profession

2  Thank karen C