Rufford Arms Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsrufford armspork medallionson specchristmas lunchfamily mealmain roadreal alehotel restaurantmain mealblack puddingcentral heatinggreat nightstaff on receptionthe ground floorkeep up the good workcooked to perfectionexcellent value for money
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Stayed here for one night this weekend in connection with a family celebration. From the outside the hotel doesnt look particularly inspiring - however the rooms were clean, bed was extremely comfortable and the personnel helpful and friendly.

After the family celebration which was held down the road, one of my sisters and her husband, myself and my husband and our 2 children ended in the Hotel's restaurant. We had a very good meal and then, as we hadnt seen each other for at least 5 years, we sat until at least 23.00 talking and having a few drinks.

Despite the late hour, there was no chivvying us out, the staff remained friendly and the bill was very modest.

In the morning we had an exceptionally good breakfast.

All in all a very pleasant stay and a hotel we would stay at again.

Room Tip: Try and get a room that doesnt face the road.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Was pleased to be able to revisit the Rufford Arms Hotel with its adjacent restaurant Alexander's Brasserie. It didn't disappoint. The hotel is both very clean and comfortable and the restaurant is outstanding. The staff are constantly working hard; they are attentive but not obtrusive. The food is just excellent. This has to be one of my favourite places.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2013

No breakfast incl in the room price, not offered or explained any dining facilities. modern and very clean. small and intimate, friendly hotel. location out the way but worth the value if you drive. Staff helpful and courteous.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank LeeSmith12
suelockwood, Owner at Rufford Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2013

Thank you for your feed back. I will pass on your comments with regards explaining facilities & dining. Apologies for the lack of information. I do hope however you managed to take advantage of the restaurant while you were here.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

I tried Alexander's Brasserie at the Rufford Arms Hotel when I noticed they had recently joined the Tesco Clubcard (Reward) scheme. I wouldn't have known it existed otherwise. My partner and I booked a table for 7.30pm on Saturday evening. Just as well as it was busy when we arrived at about 10 past 7.
We were shown to our table and I ordered a Prosecco which turned out to be a small bottle. My partner was driving and so had sparkling water.
The vouchers can't be used for the set menu which was around £15 for 2 courses so we ordered off the a la carte which was very reasonably priced anyway. I chose a trio of smoked fish: salmon, trout and mackerel - the last one served warm on a bed of horseradish potato salad. Followed by pork medallions with corn, broccoli and spring onions with noodles. My partner had salmon and prawn fish cakes to start and then baked loin of hake. We were both offered a good selection of vegetables including carrots and swede which were in chunks and seemed to have been braised; broccoli, baby corn and green beans.
We both had a small bottle of red wine which was a reasonable quality.
The food was very good. Tasty and great flavour combos.
Service was good - two or three "check backs", very observant and friendly waiting staff but not intrusive. Atmosphere was friendly and not too noisy despite being busy.
Our final bill came to £57.90 - a reasonable sum considering the quality, made even better value with the vouchers.
I would go back, probably to try Sunday lunch. If it were closer to home (Chorley) we would be regulars.
There is currently a Christmas offer on. £110 per room for DB&B which we would definitely go for if we didn't live in the area.
Great place with absolutely nothing to fault.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Good value hotel, nothing fancy (had the look of a Premier Inn but that was probably just the purple bedcover) but the room was always clean and tea & coffee making facilities were replenished each day. TV, hairdryer, shower gel provided. The adjacent restaurant, Alexander's Brasserie, was excellent with a good selection, all beautifully presented. Service was very good, staff very attentive. The hotel was easy to find, being on the main A59. There was low traffic noise all night but we did have the window open. Didn't stop us sleeping at all. If that particularly worries you, ask for a room upstairs at the back. Location ideal for visiting Martin Mere WWT and easy to get to all surrounding areas.

Room Tip: rooms at the back upstairs probably have less traffic noise, although was not a problem for us
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family