“Spiders / small rooms / rotten egg / poor WiFi” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Ducale

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hotel Ducale
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Favaro Veneto
Los Angeles, California
“Spiders / small rooms / rotten egg / poor WiFi”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

We stayed at Hotel Ducale in July 2014, and occupied a few rooms among our family members. The rooms were small, but more worrisome were there insect contents. My wife killed a large spider in the room the first day we were there, but despite that we woke up with spider bites -- myself with two on the face, several on the back and shoulders. The next morning I spoke with the man at the reception desk, who looked at me with a straight face and said, "This is a common problem here in our area. I have spiders at my home as well.... But we will have them spray the room today anyway." The next night, we found some ants searching around in the bathroom.

The breakfast was overall good, except try to avoid the hardboiled eggs. One of the days we were there, one of the eggs we opened was rotten. It is unclear to us for how many days they store the eggs.

Finally, the WiFi was absolutely terrible. Very intermittent signal from our room. Somewhat better from the lobby, but still extremely slow.

On the positive side, it is close to public transportation, and there are a few good restaurants in the area.

But all in all, I would do my best to avoid this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank FelipeDa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Leicester, Engalnd
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

Our second stay at this hotel and good value for money with a good breakfast included, bus stop outside takes 15 minutes to get to Venice and only 10 minutes to Marco Polo airport ideal for an overnight stop before either the airport or getting on a cruise. Parking is limited but we have never had a problem parking there. Venice in July now that's another matter far to busy for me last went in October and much easier to get around if just planning a visit to venice avoid the main summer months.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank demontfort
Mestre
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

The hotel advertises that it has air conditioning, which I need in order to sleep. The air was not working while we were there, therefore, I could not sleep. I ask if there was a small fan, and was told there wasn't. We could not open the window because we were on the 1st floor and the window opened up to a large balcony. Also, we could not get wifi. The breakfast was good, but I could not eat anything because I'm a vegan. I walked to the store everyday to buy food. The parking is terrible. There is not enough parking and you have to drive up on the sidewalk to get in a space. Usually, I would try to back in, but had to be guided so I didn't hit other car. There was no room to turn around and barely enough room for a car to go thru. One day, there was no spaces available, and when we ask where we could park, the desk reception said we could go down the street and park in the grocery store parking lot. It was not worth it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Judy C

Travellers are raving about these Favaro Veneto hotels

Hradec Kralove, Czech Republic
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

This was not a city view room as advertised! An air condition container on the roof blocked our window completely. Furthermore bed mattress was not comfortable at all, our back got sore after first night there. Wi-Fi signal was not available in our room. On the other hand, staff was polite and helpful. We could park our car in a hotel parking lot and breakfast was nice, not for long stay though. After all, we were a bit disappointed as we expected more for almost 90 Euros per night.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jakub8686
United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

I stayed here for one night while on business. From Marco Polo airport, the hotel is so easy to find, but parking is a bit limited. Check in was a breeze, even tho I booked it only minutes before arriving. The hotel appears to have been recently built, and is very clean and inviting, if you're on a budget.

The room itself was possibly the smallest that I have ever stayed in, but as I said I was on business, which means on expenses. That said, it was spotlessly clean, and the bed was super comfy. The bathroom was amazingly clean, which is always a must. The shower however, was without doubt THE smallest I have ever squeezed into. I now know how Superman feels when he changes clothes inside a phonebooth! Yes, it really is that small. A TV is up high on the wall, so you need to lay on the bed to watch. Elevator access to all floors.

As with most of the many hotels I have stayed in while in Venice, NO COFFEE OR KETTLE! No drama, tho. If you want a coffee/tea, go see the guy at Reception and I'm sure he'll make you one.

I have no idea what the breakfast id like, as I missed it. But, right across the street is a Grocery Store, and a Pizzaria out back.

All in all, a good choice! Would I stay again? Sure!!

Room Tip: Try and get a room out back, as the merchants set up for business before 0700, and they are very voc...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank ChiefBosun
Orlando, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

My daughter and I were passing through Venice the last weekend of Carnevale and the hotels that I had stayed at in Venice before were very expensive. We found Hotel Ducale on Tripadvisor and the reviews looked good. The hotel is in a very convenient location, a bus-ride or 5-10 minutes by taxi from Venice airport (Marco Polo) or from Mestre railway station. A regular bus (#19) takes you directly to Venice (Piazzale Roma) in 15-20 minutes.The rooms at the hotel are small, but since we just needed a place to sleep that did not present a problem. They also have larger rooms that can accommodate more than 2 people.The continental breakfast was fine and there is a choice of restaurants nearby the hotel, from pita and pizza to the excellent Trattoria da Piero just 5 minutes walk away, which was far better value than anything we found in Venice itself. We were very pleased with our 1-night stay and we booked to stay there again the following weekend before flying out. The hotel staff (who were very helpful and friendly) booked an early morning taxi for us and although it was too early for the regular breakfast (5:30) they provided coffee, juice and croissants before we left. All in all, if you just need a place to sleep while you visit Venice for far less than the Venice hotels charge, I recommend the Hotel Ducale.

Room Tip: We had no problem with noise but if you're a light sleeper it's better to request an upper f...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
London, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

The noisest dingiest room Ive had at a hotel in a while. The hotel is located slap bang in the middle of two busy roads. The traffic is constant until 1am as well as youth banter and laughter from the downstairs bar. I think I just about managed two hours sleep when the traffic goes dead at night. Good breakfast though and friendly staff. Thats the only reason I give it an average.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
#45 of 58 in Mestre
Hotel San Carlo
Hotel San Carlo
#9 of 58 in Mestre

Been to Hotel Ducale? Share your experiences!