“well looked after”
Review of Ezhara Beach House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kannur
Ezhara Beach House
Ranked #1 of 63 Kannur B&B and Inns
Bengaluru, India
“well looked after”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

We had a great time at ezhara beach house with our 3 children, Hyacinth let us rent out the whole place. The kids had a great time playing with the two of the village girls who Hyacinth has semi-adopted and as there are no cars they had the freedom to roam the area.
We were really well cared for and fed with hyacinth even taking our kids out on a trip without us! (Watch out though as she'll take any opportunity to sugar them up!) Lots of places to explore on foot and endless fun on the beach which you mostly have to yourself; follow the lead of the local fisherman who bob about on inflated rubber rings as the sea can be a bit too rough for little ones at times. We were all very sad to leave but take away some wonderful memories.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
hyacinthKannur, Owner at Ezhara Beach House, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Thank you for this kind review, you never know - we might just follow you and your kids to Bangalore for one last jaunt before you leave India!! xox

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 25 March 2014

The place is great, the beach is empty, less tourism, palms and sunset but what actually what made the experience so great is definitely lovely host Hyacinth and her team. This by female managed spot is exactly the right think if you fed up of all modern life values and don't mind to stay in a basic place with all essential comfort and feel yourself at home instead in a hotel.
The food is amazing good and you take with all other guests together breakfast and dinner. By the way we met a lot of nice and interesting people also the evening talks and activities I will never forget. We had really some fun. No doubt next time when I feel exhausted and want to run away I

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
hyacinthKannur, Owner at Ezhara Beach House, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Grateful thanks from the EBH team
Lyon, France
Reviewed 21 March 2014

The place is really great in front of a beautiful sandy beach at the end of a road. The food is excellent and Hyacinth is a wonderful personn. Her kindness and her sense of humour make you feel at home so you feel like staying here longer! We were there with our 2 daughters and were all very sad when we had to leave and promissed we will come back again!!! To me, it's really the best guest house of the west coast!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
hyacinthKannur, Owner at Ezhara Beach House, responded to this review, 22 March 2014
Sincere appreciation
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Stayed here for 1 week last year, and it was a memory for life!! Hyacinth and the lovely girls helping her, the lady that made us so tasty food.
I am longing for my return to this paradise.
Love to you Hyacinth and the girls!
Bibi( traveling with Jenny and Karim)

Room Tip: Ask Hyacinth about the Theyyam-ritual.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
hyacinthKannur, Owner at Ezhara Beach House, responded to this review, 15 March 2014
we really appreciate your time to write this review.
Traverse City, Michigan
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I was treated so well, at Ezhara Beach House . It was relaxing for me and comfortable, with view of the sea.... Very clean and private. My stay turned into a geography lesson,a history lesson, a culture lesson, a cooking school, I found a new friend in Hyacinth , everything I voiced was discussed, and Hyacinth answwered my every question( I had alot) She helped me manage a few travel details, shopping needs, without expecting anything from me. I was treated like a VIP.. Traveling alone in India can be trying. My stay was a rest stop ,a nice break while traveling in India... The price was unbeatable. Meals were so good.... Hyacinth, does not miss anything. Her eyes are wide open and shes focused on your comfort, Go here to experience real India. No hidden agenda.

Room Tip: you will be so tired at the end of the day it doesnt matter.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
hyacinthKannur, Owner at Ezhara Beach House, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Having guests like you at EBH is the greatest of blessing we could have. Thank you for your kindness putting in this review, we will never forget you. You are one of the nicest people we have ever met.
Lieksa, Finland
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Thanks Hyacinth for a terrific time, even if I had to stay next door!
Next door was just as good!
Exhara is really an idyllic home away from home. Great Hostess , food delicious, environment absolutely first rate and the beach just marvellous.
a nice trip into Kannur with Hyacinth and I saw the Portuguese Fortress and watched Hyacinth do her shopping!
I can't praise Ezhara high enough. FULL MARKS!
Regards, L.HINDLE.

Room Tip: even if Ezhara is full the house next door is relly good too.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
hyacinthKannur, Owner at Ezhara Beach House, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Thank you so very much!
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 10 March 2014

If you are longing for private paradise you definitely should visit this place. The house I stayed is just few meters to the Hiacynths Ezhara Beach House & about 15m to the beach. It´s simple but clean & silent & you have a free view on the sea. If you are doing yoga and meditation it´s perfect as you have free space for example on the roof or anywhere else in this peaceful area. The beaches are probably the most beautiful I have ever seen and besides few fishermen in the morning you will hardly meet other people on the beach. For this is mostly muslim area one should respect the customs, for example as a woman it´s better to wear overkneeleggins or shorts (not too short) & t-shirt while sunbathing and swimming than bikini. I spent 5 wonderful days here (alone as a women) and had no problems at all. The family who runs the house speaks very little english, but it´s enough for the general arrangements. For special wishes you can apply to Hiacynth (if she is there) who runs the Ezhra Beach House, just next to it. She is an absolute lovely, open-minded, open-heart lady, who cares a lot for her and her neighbor´s guests. The food which is served (breakfast, lunch, dinner) is ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS and in abundance. As well as fresh fruits, drinking water, tea&coffee it is included in the price. AS a single person I paid 1500 Rs per day and it was absolutely worth it! THANK YOU SALAM, RAHMATH & HIACYNTH!!! much love*agata

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
hyacinthKannur, Owner at Ezhara Beach House, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Thank you for this review, it is much appreciated. At the time you stayed at my neighbors place it was getting to be more lax work-wise and I had additional flexi time on my hands. I do suggest the neighbors place when there is an overflow at mine while it is high season, BUT I am not under ANY obligation to cater to the guests needs there. So far I have done this though it is getting to be increasingly difficult to single-handed handle the work pressures related to my own establishment and adding to the pressure with the neighbors guests. After all handling an establishment and running it efficiently does not only entail only the food and accommodation, there are so very many other aspects to deal with as well. I am glad we did meet when we did and that I could be of assistance to you, but as the season gets busier I will have to draw the line somewhere with regard the neighbors guests in future.