“The ultimate hotel in Chail”
Review of Hotel Deventure

Hotel Deventure
Ranked #5 of 11 Chail B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 September 2013

we visited to chail on 06th sep 2013 with a group of 15 members. Since it was team outing we did all the required bookings prior to our trip. I would like to express my sincere gratitude to Mr Anil, hotel manager for helping us throughout & making all necessary arrangements required for our group. Since the complete hotel is renovated & also the name is been renamed for this property as "Deventure Hotel' is exactly available in website.
Thumps up for superb room ambiance & amenities. All the staff were too cooperative.
Location wise this is ideally situated in main road heading towards Chail Palace & market.
Very well managed & maintained.
We hope for the same continued service from Lions group.

Regards
Rishi Kumar Jha

Room Tip: Please always select rooms which is on the back side as you will get the complete view of Chail vall...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Rishi K

Reviewed 19 August 2013

I went to chail on 10th Aug,2013 with my husband. As we both were looking for a quite resonable property. and we got that. Though this hotel was under maintence, but yes they served us really well. we both were quite satisfied. Food was really good and nice. We had some issues in the washroom.Phone was not working. But i belive once they would complete thier renovation this would be quite better than others.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ami_single
Reviewed 7 July 2013

I visited this place with my family and ahd booked two rooms. the rooms are in a pathetic shape, the restaurent was unavailabe...washroom was dirty and the fittings not working. Bedsheets were terribly dirty....when we asked the staff to change them, they refused saying that we have not booked premium rooms, hence the bedsheet can not be changed......the highlight was the staff....have never encountered as bad staff as seen there....all in all a pathetic place....they have the potentail to ruin a vacation.....

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Parul133
Sanjay P, General Manager at Hotel Deventure, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Sir,
we were under renovation when you visited the hotel and were not fully operational. Thus you may had felt inconvenience. This hotel is fully renovated and operational now from 1st April 2014 and we assure you of the beat of services and staff.

Reviewed 5 January 2013

I went to chail this new year with 5 friends and it was my bad luck i had booked this pathetic hotel. Rooms are in a very bad shape. Toilets are dirty bed sheets are not clean and even the blankets they provide smell really bad. You will feel a really awful smell in the air once you are inside the hotel. Even hotel intercom and landline ae not functional. Only the view from few rooms is good. There is no power backup here and most of the time light is gone. I recommend not to take this hotel at any cost.

Room Tip: Please dont book this hotel as its really pathetic.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Vinit90
Reviewed 24 August 2011

Shabby damp Rooms,
there is no open good terrace
there is no power backup ( no Generator), enjoy candle light if light goes off
Intercoms are not working
And every night they serve buffet only and you are forced to spend Rs 300~450 on buffet they will not serve items as per their menu. (Manager will not inform you while taking room)

I will not recomend this hotel...!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jassi2000
Reviewed 11 May 2011

I visited Chail for my second wedding anniversary and stayed at The Hotel Lions from May 6th-May 8th. Me and my wife take many trips together (at least once a month) and have covered many places in the north. But the hospitality at Hotel Lions was the best we have ever received.

We took the 2 nights/3 days Super Deluxe Package (visit the hotel website for details) and the room was very good with a great panoramic view of the mountains and lovely deodhar and oak trees. The room was also very clean and I know this because my wife who is an absolute cleanliness nut didn't have any complaints. The hotel staff was wonderful and there was never any delay in any room service request. My wife had a mild fever throughout the stay and the staff members went to the market twice to get her medicines. But the real shining moment came when, having learned that it was our anniversary, they got us a huge cake taking us totally by surprise.
We were completely bowled over by the hospitality and hence this became one of the best, most memorable trips we have ever taken.

I realize that I haven't written much about Chail as such. I would strongly urge all nature lovers and those who like quiet, non commercial getaways to visit the place once. Its a very good weekend trip.

Room Tip: Check website for the rates, they are reasonable
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank prasad_nayak
Reviewed 2 August 2010

We planned a weekend outing to chail from Delhi. I was deciding between Shimla and Chail. Finally I chose Chail as I have never been to this place. Shimla is good but I wanted a quieter place to enjoy my holidays...and believe me Chail is serene. Next step was to select a place to stay. I browsed for quite some time.. in fact it took me almost a week to finalize on the hotel. I along with my colleague in office used our free time to read various reviews about hotels and also the kind of facilities they have. Finally we zeroed in on Hotel Lions in Chail. They had a beautiful picture on the net and it seemed to be a good hotel. Ok lets skip the journey and arrive directly at the hotel. We reached chail and finally saw the hotel round the corner. Hotel Lions is not in the city, it is much amidst the serene mountains and forest. The picture in the web was exactly the same. We were overwhelmed. The car parking is on the top of the hotel. We walked down the entrance. The lobby is a cosy one and a smell of baked cookies welcomed us. The hotel staff seemed to be waiting for us and once we parked the car, there were two guys from the concierge waiting to carry our luggage. In fact we were given a real homely welcome.Next we were taken to our rooms. We chose a round bed with a mountain view. The rooms were very clean and the bathroom even cleaner. My wife is very particular about the bathroom and it was a relief cos she did not complain. Now the best part of Hotel Lions is...the food. believe me...the food was simply awesome. You dont have to go anywhere else, but can hog on the food in the hotel itself. They serve North Indian, Chinese, South Indian and also some Himachali dishes. The only thing which i cribbed was, they did not have a functional Bar. So we had to go to Chail and get our drinks. Hotel Lions also arranges for live shows in the evening and bonfire for the guest. Its a very romantic experience, specially in the hills with the chilly climate, a bonfire and your loved one besides you. Finally I would say Hotel Lions is a very good experience if you want to be in Chail. The location of the hotel is fantastic as its away from the crowd. Also its a clean small hotel with friendly staff. It does not have bar, which was a little bad. But the other good things compensated it. We came back to the hectic life of Delhi with loads of good memories about Chail and Hotel Lions.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple