De Vere Cranage Estate
US$52
US$87
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Knutsford M6(Knutsford)(Great Value!)
US$53
US$118
Travelocity
US$100
1,300 results
All reviewsleisure facilitiesbottle of wineevening mealleisure clubbuffet stylesteam roomwedding venueweekend breakstandard roomlovely groundslots of choicechanging roomstraining courserestaurant staffcouldn't do enoughchristmas partyrelaxing stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 April 2012

I stayed here with my partner and 12 year old daughter for two nights. Before arriving I read the reviews on here and to be honest I feel some of them are a bit harsh. To me the hotel had good and bad points.

The hotel sits in impressive grounds and the main original building is lovely but I have to agree with other reviewers the extension to the sides and back of the building is ugly and reminded me of a care home. So the positives, staff very friendly and obliging, bedroom was clean and functional to a point (read on), breakfast was a buffet and dinner a la carte both were okay. Leisure facilities I used (gym) was fine.

The negatives, the room walls are paper thin and you literally can hear everything happening next door! The layout of the hotel is very confusing, room numbering is odd and it takes time to work out how to navigate your way around. The hotel bar is extortionate, £12 for two drinks! We were told the bedroom had a safety deposit box, if it did it was so safe we could not find it. The radiators in the room are very noisy we ended turning the heating off on the first night. There was no wardrobe rather it was a shelving type unit and only had five hangers which was not ideal. On attempting to use the pool on the first day we were advised by the leisure attendant that children were only allowed in the pool for one hour a day I think between 3 and 4, I understand the need for a policy but it was poorly advertised and it left my daughter disappointed and my partner and I a tad frustrated. Would I stay here again? No it was okay no more no less.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Newsatten
aliwack1, General Manager at De Vere Cranage Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2012

Thank you for your constructive review. I have reviewed our advertising of splash times for children noting these are two hours on a weekend day in the afternoon not one. The wardrobe design is to allow guests more space.
The safe is located in the wardrobe. Our bar prices have increased due to the recent budget but are no more expensive than other four star hotels.
Thanks for the nice comments about staff, food and facilities
Richard Morrell General Manager

Reviewed 15 April 2012

I stayed here with a friend as we got a ''rate'' for my friends wedding. However upon checking on their website we got a very small discount less than £20. We checked in late after the wedding, the guy at the desk was ok. Had to ring for a manager to check us in, which given the time was expected/fair enough.

We were laden with bags and no help was offered. We were given very basic instructions to our rooms which were right on the other side of the hotel. Meaning we spent a good 10 minutes trying to find our rooms, and got lost.

The room itsself was very basic and aged. There are small statements about trying to be an eco hotel dotted on the hotel info. However my friend and I just thought this was a ploy to save money. We had one big towel in the bathroom to share, which wasn't feasible.
Complimentary products in the bathroom were half used, which we thought was very unsanitary. If they want to be more enviromentally friendly, maybe some re-fillable containers would be a better idea? I'm not going to use some shower gel/body cream someone else has used!

There was only one glass in the bathroom for water, so I had to use a mug.
The beds were hard, as were the pillows. There was tea/coffee making facilities however no complimentary biscuits or hot chocolate, which you get as standard at any premier inn.

I woke with a sore back, I found the bed very hard, although my friend said she found the bed fine.

The breakfast which is included in the room price is basic and lukewarm. They have covers over the hot food but they don't keep the heat in well. On both occasions I went to the buffet for eggs, they had ran out. I also had to make three trips before they re-filled the glasses for fruit juice.

Upon checking out the staff were very friendly and assisted us in getting a taxi back to the wedding venue. They didn't ask us about our stay however.

Generally ok for an overnight stay, however I've had much better stays at chain hotels. They need to improve on the little things, like providing biscuits with tea & coffee, and used tolietries is just awful. I got the impression they think they are the best hotel in the area. However I would personally not stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 April 2012

The Hotel looks nice when you view images on line, and the "old part" of the Hotel is a very nice building. The main acaodomation however is located in a very '80's style annexe and is very average both in terms of rooms / decor and also in term.

Room Tip: Try and select a room in the "old part" of the Hotel - if not clarify what room and its location wuithin the hotel first
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Javid56
Reviewed 1 April 2012

We just stayed the one night in Cranage Hall, would love to have stayed longer! The staff at the hotel were helpful and very pleasent. We did not use the leisure facilities but did have a look around and they looked great. Our rooms were large comfortable. We had a double for my son and a triple for me, my hubby and my daughter. The lounge areas to sit in were very elegant.
We used room service and had sandwiches to our room which was nice We ate in the restuarant in the evening. Lots of choice and delicious food, great service. Prices in the bar were a little high. We all enjoyed our stay, it was very relaxing and we would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Having booked through a discount website I was not expecting the room we were allocated and the service we received to be a good as it was.
The leisure facilities were excellent, the room was lovely and the breakfast was fabulous.
Only slight let down was the walls are quite thin but that in no way would deter me from staying again.
A real gem of a hotel.