“Nice hotel but room for some improvement.”

De Vere Cranage Estate
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Cranage
Warrington, United Kingdom
“Nice hotel but room for some improvement.”
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

My wife had booked a 1 night stay here as a valentines present. Upon arrival reception staff very helpful and friendly. Had to walk through an area full of wedding guests drinking and waiting for their meal to get to our room which I found not ideal. Room was small but adequate, comfy bed but only one pillow each. Good selection of coffee, tea making facilities but would better placed near a socket to plug the kettle in.
Bathroom was nice but small.
Leisure centre was good, helpful staff. Gym was small but fine but also could have benefitted from music as you were not suppose to take your phone in. Very nice pool and jacuzzi etc.
Restaurant for the evening meal was nicely set out. I feel that the food menu was lacking in choice and a bit expensive even for a 4 star hotel.
Breakfast was excellent, good selection of food and was hot. My only fault was that the butter was from France and should really have been sourced from within the UK. Overall a nice hotel and would go again at the right price but would consider driving out for an evening meal.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
rjm499, Manager at De Vere Cranage Estate, responded to this review, 23 March 2014
Beach255, Thank you for staying with us and
sharing your opinion and comments.
We appreciate the feedback on the various items
you noted as this will certainly assist us, as
we strive for continuous improvement.

Keep an eye out for our upcoming offers,
as these are designed for maximum value and
great value for money.

Hope to see you back at our venue soon

Regards
Richard Mansell

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 March 2014

My husband and I had our wedding at Cranage Hall last Saturday and I can honestly say all the staff went above and beyond to make sure our day was amazing. We booked the wedding 2 years ago and since then I have been in contact with our wedding co ordinator Rachel on a regular basis. I can't speak highly enough of her, she has been so very helpful with all of my questions, requests etc. Dealing with her really did make the whole organising of the wedding that much easier :0)

On the day our Master of Ceremonies was David, who again, could not have done more for us, he definately saw that everything ran smoothly.

The food was delicious, lots of our guests have commented on it, and we had a couple of guests with specific dietary requirements at the wedding breakfast, the chef did a fantastic job in catering for them. We had a hog roast on in the evening and that went down a storm too.

To sum up, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Cranage as a Wedding venue. It is beautiful, the staff are incredibly helpful, the food was fantastic and all our guest thoroughly enjoyed themselves. What else could you ask for?!

Room Tip: We had the suite, room 300. It was fantastic!!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
rjm499, Manager at De Vere Cranage Estate, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Katie H, Congratulations! & thank you for the amazing support and feedback.
Your amazing comments have truly inspired the team, as we continue our
vision to create a truly unique venue. Thank you for highlighting Rachel and David,
I know they were certainly inspired by your comments.

Were delighted all your guests enjoyed the occasion and thank you
once again for choosing Cranage Hall.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

derbyshire
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We bought an excellent deal which included evening meal, breakfast and tickets to Tatton Hall. Everything was first class. The room was lovely and the food was of a very good standard. We would particularly like to praise the staff who all seemed to be local, young and very well trained. Nothing was too much trouble. Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
pudsey1234,
Great to see you had such a good time at Cranage Hall!
Thank you for highlighting the local team here. We are so
proud of our local team here at Cranage and know that we are truly
blessed to have such amazing people within our local community.

We look forward to seeing you again
Redditch
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I always read reviews before I book a hotel and they were mixed for Cranage Hall but we gave it a go. I felt I needed to air my thoughts as I was definitely left deflated after my stay at Cranage Hall.
I decided to stay and upon leaving the hotel, my comment to my partner was' won't be coming back here again' which is disappointing. This hotel does not deserve a 4 star rating compared to many others that I have stayed in especially in the North West.
The reception & some of the restaurant staff are just going through the motions at this hotel and have no customer service skills or the desire to make this hotel welcoming.
In fact upon checking out, they didn't even have the courtesy to ask if we had had a nice stay.
Appearance of the hotel is shabby in my opinion with house keeping of a poor standard and the layout comical.
Restaurant - The evening meal in the restaurant was nice enough to be fair and the general service to the table was fine, although the young staff need some guidance on how to deal with guests questions. Drinks are overpriced and paper napkins are an insult.
Breakfast was ok, but again for a 4 star hotel it was very basic and had a shabby feel to its layout and presentation.
Room - Size was adequate although many modern premier inns are bigger. The Bed was big and comfortable although the pillars were tiny. The sound proofing is non existent and ever bang from other rooms can be heard, along with muffled conversations. Room was clean on appearance but they just don't seem capable of dusting on pictures, door frames, mirrors, behind TV and in the bathroom, and I only say this as it was caked on all of these. A toilet roll holder half hanging off the wall, doesn't say 4 star but more like a run down travelodge. Also the TV was a portable which looked like it had been wheeled into a hospital side room which had basic channel choice. The tea & coffee tray was buried in the wardrobe with no lighting or even a socket to plug it into. Instead you have to carry it all to the other side of the room and put it on the writing desk to plug it in. Also there was no option to lower or increase the temperature of the room. It was just hot.
In General, the room was very poor for a hotel that boasts 4 stars and although repeating myself, I would have been better off in a modern Premier Inn.
As for the layout of the hotel, it has a small part of the old building where you enter for reception, then it forces you to walk miles to get to the unimaginative add on to the hotel which completely loses the character of the hotel. Once checked in you have to walk through corridor after corridor to get round to the accommodation which includes walking through a wedding party on route. To get to the restaurant you have to battle through whatever party is going on as the guests are all congregated in the lobby area ordering drinks at the their so called private bar.
The leisure facilities are fine, with a decent sized basic pool, jacuzzi, steam & sauna room. There is also a separate gym and games room, which is situated at the one side of the hotel, away from the accommodation, changing rooms however have no facility for private changing should anyone want this, and the restricted policy for kids makes this hotel generally unwelcoming for families.
In summary I would not go back here as the hotel is just not that nice for a relaxed pampering weekend break in some luxury and welcoming environment for couples or families ,but I guess ok for party nights where the guests just have somewhere to get their head down after their night celebrating.
To summarize, the hotel is in desperate need for some strong management and some financial backing to dramatically improve it's look, style and quality.
If looking for the North West/Cheshire Carden Park is worlds ahead of this hotel. - Sorry Cranage Hall but that's my genuine thoughts after a disappointing choice of hotel on my behalf.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel for a more relaxed night sleep, although beds are comfortable, the hotel is...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Craig G
rjm499, Manager at De Vere Cranage Estate, responded to this review, 8 March 2014
CraigG,
I am truly sorry you had a disappointing experience.
As an avid TA subscriber, you will know over the past 12 months
we have received many wonderful comments and support regarding
our unique venue, however on this occasion it appears your stay
falls short of the level of experience which we aspire to provide to all of our guests.

I am disappointed to read that many aesthetic parts of the venue did not suit your needs
or aspirations and am equally saddened, that I did not have the opportunity
to meet you prior to departure to discuss your grievances noted.
We endeavour to provide a relaxing value for money environment for all of our
guests and strive to fulfil all of our guests needs via great customer service.

I appreciate your honest feedback, as its vital information like this that helps us create excellence. We are continuing to strive to make Cranage a very special venue.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 March 2014

just had my daughter's wedding at Crannage Hall 01l03 and could not have asked for more. From the Wedding Coordinator to the big day the service was excellent. Both the wedding breakfast and evening buffet food was exceptional and the staff helpful, polite and very professional. A special mention about the Master of Ceremony who made the whole wedding go smoothly and took us through the whole day without a hitch. Would definately recommend the hotel to anyone wanting a venue to host their special day.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
susanb,
Thank you for the amazing review and recommendation of Cranage Hall
Glad to see everyone at the wedding had such an amazing time and that
your daughter left with such great memories of her special day.

Thank you for the support and please come back and see us again soon.

Cheshire
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Hotel prices are quite reasonable as they can include breakfast. And I have to say breakfast here is extremely good, best I've had from a Full English perspective.
Spa is pretty good, if a little cramped in the change rooms and jacuzzi, but they give you towels which is nice.
Rooms are fine.
We were there for a wedding and they seemed to do a good job of that also.
Why not 5 stars?? Well is damn annoying they charge so much for drinks...

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank wattos
rjm499, Manager at De Vere Cranage Estate, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
wattos,
Thanks for the amazing comments regarding the best
breakfast you've ever had.....
Glad you enjoyed so much!

Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

The receptionist staff were very helpful and overall the service was to a good standard. The bar menu was adequate and at a fair price. The bedroom was clean but the furnishings are now starting to look a little worn. Overall a good stay for the price I paid..

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
smoulson1234, Thanks for the review.
Glad you found us value for money and that you
had a good time.

Come back and see us again soon

Richard Mansell
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cranage
Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa
Shrigley Hall Hotel, Golf & Country Club
Chimney House Hotel
Chimney House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Sandbach

Been to De Vere Cranage Estate? Share your experiences!