“one night”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Cranage
england
“one night”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

the hotel was easy to find, and set in lovely grounds. the main hotel building was imposing but the bulk of the accommodation is like a Travel Lodge set by the side of the hotel, so if you are looking for posh pay the extra and stay in the main building.The room was ok but had a slight musty smell on entering but not enough to put you off. The staff were very helpful and friendly and the breakfast very good, overall a nice stay on the way up north.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
rjm499, Manager at De Vere Cranage Estate, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Karma2, Thank you for staying with us and for sharing
your recommendation with fellow TA members.
As discussed previously on TA we do not have
any bedrooms within the old house and all guest
bedrooms are located adjacent to the main house.

Look forward to seeing you again soon, when you
next visit up north!

R.Mansell

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Thus hotel is in a beautiful spot in lush green surroundings, The restaurant food is superb as is the service. the reception staff are so friendly and helpful and made me feel really special getting to me by name very quickly and remembering it.

The room was very clean with amazing views and the bed was the most comfortable I have slept in in a Hotel. Lie home from home with room service to boot

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank glenn r
GlennR, Thank you for the amazing review.
Such great feedback and the local team were
truly thrilled to receive such accolades.....

Regards
R.Mansell
Canberra, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

I stayed there recently for four nights whilst attending business meetings nearby. I got the impression that this was a very busy place with a lot of people coming and going and as a result I found the service adequate, but not overwhelming. Finding of the room could have been aided by providing a map, but eventually got there...there was no offer to take my bags to the room and I ended up dragging them through the hotel and up and down stairs. The room itself was fine if starting to show some age.
The restaurant on the first night was disappointing...soup lacked flavour and my choice of the seafood tagliatelle was accompanied by the warning that there were no mussells available so they would put in extra fish...as it turned out there was no fish in the dish either! Very bland. The set menu with a business dinner on the second night served a passable chicken breast. Dismayed by the quality and the high prices, I reverted to pub food at the bar, which was ok. Bar service was efficient and friendly enough.
I used the laundry service once and this was expensive...eg GBP5 for a T-shirt. Overall my impression was that despite the antiquity of the grand entrance building and the sprawling grounds which promised lots, I felt the service was rather impersonable and the experience expensive for what it was.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Stephen N
Stephen N, Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent
stay with us. I am sorry to see that we did not live up to
initial expectations and I have also shared your feedback regarding dinner
with the Food and Beverage team, so that they may learn from
your disappointing experience.
We strive to provide sincere and genuine service throughout the
conference venue and I appreciate your honest opinion on the service
you recieved as this will allow us to re-train our teams and strive to
avoid future disappointments.

R Mansell
Basingstoke
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Booked as a business hotel but would be great for leisure also
From the moment you enter the decor is lovely and the staff welcoming
Rooms a decent size with all usual amenities. Have to say the bedding choice is random! Awful in taste.....
Could also have done with a bath after a long day

Booked 1/2 board as reasonable in price and gave you full choice of normal menu.
Food was a good standard and again excellent staff

Breakfast was a nice choice as well

All in all great value for money and highly recommended

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Curtis H
CurtisH, Thank you for the recommendation.
We truly appreciate the support and great feedback.

Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Attended here for a works function and I must say the event was a success and the hotel in part was active in this.

The bar staff were attentive and the BBQ was excellent.

We as a business had not tried the BBQ / Events style function and it worked well with the mix of internal and external spaces available.

I did feel that although the hotel was well presented and clean, but it missed something and all aspects seemed pedestrian and basic and in many instances they certainly were not; the rooms again have this feel. Also the view across the breakfast room was more like a canteen than a hotel restaurant, however the food offering was excellent.

Final whinge, the noise transfer between bedrooms was just short of none existent, and certainly not consistent with a quality hotel.

So would I stop there by choice - no, did I enjoy my stay - yes.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Steve5839
Steve5389, Thank you for posting the review.
Glad to see that the vent was a big success and
that you enjoyed your stay. Sorry to read though that
we did not tick all the boxes for you, even though
you had such a productive stay.
Hopefully one day we will be able to restore
your trust in us to deliver a great stay......

Regards
Exeter, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

The area is beautiful and the hotel is clean & staff are friendly however the rooms are basic and desperately in need of some sound proofing as we could hear everything from people walking past the room too a very active couple up stairs. We didn't get much sleep. Such a shame as we won't be staying there again

Room Tip: Make sure there's no wedding and rooms are quiet
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Claire W
ClareW,Thank you for sharing your comments with the TA community,
It was leasing to see you enjoyed the local area and appreciated the
sincere and genuine service delivered by the local team, however
I am sorry that your stay was ruined by some noisy neighbours and that
unfortunately this tarnished your visit. We appreciate you staying with us
and I am saddened that you will not be giving us another opportunity.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

It all started with a phone call to ph reservation, when they told me I can't have the tatton park package because they don't have any rooms for that package,just standard double room only for £90 and b&b for £110. (Looking on the Web site it differs) so I booked it on the Web site and got the tatton park deal for £99. When we arrived looks nice. But when we got to our rooms it looked like we went back in time, trouser press hanging off the wall and for ironing board if u was a midget u be great (and that was falling off), the toilet paper holder was lose, burn marks up the wall from the radiator and for the 20' led tv I think It was the first flat screen TV out (time warp).For dinning forget it not unless u taken out a 2nd mortgage and having to many events you be lucky to get in the restaurant. Breakfast what a joke, I've had better breakfast by the roadside, served in big pots with lids on and mush inside him, water downed orange juice and for the banana smoothie sweet as pot of sugar and to end it the rooms look nothing like the ones on the Web site, this place wants up dating and get out of the 90's

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jason19697
rjm499, Manager at De Vere Cranage Estate, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Jason196Thank you for sharing your recent comments with the TA community.

We have received great feedback regarding the venue over the past year and especially that we provide genuine, sincere service at great value for money, therefore I am saddened to see your stay was ruined by us not meeting your accommodation and restuarant expectations.
I am sorry that our venue did not meet your expectations on this occasion and that overall you did not feel we offered true value for money for your stay.
Thank you for staying with us and providing us with honest and sincere feedback.
This will assist us as we continue to improve and strive in our goal of creating
a truly unique conference and event venue.

Richard Mansell
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cranage
Crewe Hall
Shrigley Hall Hotel, Golf & Country Club
Cottons Hotel & Spa
Cottons Hotel & Spa
#2 of 9 in Knutsford

Been to De Vere Cranage Estate? Share your experiences!