De Vere Cranage Estate
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
The Sandhurst(Middlewich)
Moat Hall Motel(Marthall)
  • Restaurant
The Cross Keys(Knutsford)
1,306 results
All reviewsleisure facilitiesbottle of wineevening mealleisure clubbuffet stylesteam roomwedding venueweekend breakstandard roomlovely groundslots of choicechanging roomstraining courserestaurant staffcouldn't do enoughchristmas partyrelaxing stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We arrived on Friday afternoon and if was incredibily busy, there were at least two weddings taking place and conferences. It was so busy in fact that the deal we got, 2 nights plus first nights dinner we were asked if we would mind taking our meal on the second night as the restaurant was too busy to accomodate us. The room was very pleasant, nicely appointed with a good size bathroom. The food in the restaurant for our evening meal was very nice but the breakfast was an average hotel breakfast. We used the spa facilities which were also very nice and would like to thank a lovely young lady who came to our rescue when it rained by lending us a brolly!

2  Thank Anne R
rjm499, Manager at De Vere Cranage Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

anne r, wow what a review!
Thank you so much for the support and feedback.
We look forward to having you stay with us again soon

RMansell

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

The grounds in which cranage hall is on is amazing. Really beautiful grounds and very grand. This also continues inside the hotel reception and throughout the lounge and bars.

When we got there at 12pm we were told that one of our rooms was ready but the other wasn't which was ideal as we had previously arranged this and not long later the other room was ready :-)

The rooms don't have air conditioning which wasn't nice as the weather this week was 27-28 degrees and was boiling!!

I visited with my mum, brother & partner for a family/friends wedding, therefore we stayed one night bed and breakfast for £180 (for all four). Which we didn't really have an option as the rest of the folt stayed there.

The room they got married in was very good, also the reception room was very nice. Staff were very organised and also the staff serving the food very nice too, however some of the girls looked like they would rather be elsewhere.

Whilst we were there we weren't planning to drink alcohol, so glad of this as a corona was £5.10 and a glass of coke £3.50 which I think was ridiculous.

The rooms were very standard and not as described on the website! Completely overpriced, as the hotel used to be a mental hosptial, well the toilets still looked liked they were at a hospital! Plastic sides around the toilet and sink, broken shower and old taps. TV had a good choice of channels with channels 1.2.3,4,5 available but signal was quite bad. Premier inn's are very similar! Beds were quite comfy though :-)

Also I woke up with bites all on my feet hands and arms. My partner had them on his shoulders and backs, big ones!!

Room service very expensive and with a charge of £5 on top.

Went to use the leisure centre with my my brother, mum and partner and as my brother isn't 16 we couldn't use the swimming pool until 2pm-4pm and we weren't planning to stay until then, which meant we didn't use it!

Overall id say there is nothing that stands out in this hotel, yes the outside is very nice but don't be fooled! Much nicer hotels in the area for cheaper price!

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Abbylaura2011

abbylaura2011, Thank you for sharing your feedback with the TA community.
I am sorry that you did not value your stay with us, even though you had such an
amazing time at the wedding. It appears we did not meet your high expectations
on this occasion and for that I apologize.
I appreciate your comments as this allows us to review the areas highlighted
so that we may make the necessary improvements to the venue.

RMansell

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I don't want to be too harsh on Cranage Hall, as it's located in a beautiful setting surrounded by natural space. When you approach the hotel, you could even be forgiven for thinking you've arrived at Downton Abbey such is the magnificence of the front of the main house.

The reception area is also lovely, with modern touches brushed with history and luxury, and spacious seating areas to rest and wait for a cab.

Behind the scenes, luxury is harder to come by, despite some valiant efforts on behalf of whoever owns the hotel. Our room, for instance, while spacious and peaceful (despite the close bar and a raucous wedding) felt old and worn. The bed was too soft, its springs having seen better days; the TV too small and grainy for such a big room; no wifi that we could grasp on to; no air conditioning to speak of; and bugs everywhere. And I mean everywhere.

Harmless bugs, I think, but bugs all the same, and unwelcome guests at a hotel of any rating, let alone a four-star such as this.

The room rate was £120+ for just one night, and breakfast was included. And while the daytime reception staff were friendly and informative, offering a bottle of wine as a welcome gift, plus a couple of tickets to Tatton Park as part of our booking, the night-time staff were a little shy when it came to making us feel like special guests. One guy was busy propping up the wall while furiously chewing Wrigleys like his lfe depended on it (which was somewhere on the floor, in the long, long distance ...).

So, we wouldn't stay here again because it didn't represent good value for money compared to other four-star hotels. Nuff said.

5  Thank Shaun W
rjm499, Manager at De Vere Cranage Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

ShaunW, Sorry to se we did not live up to your high expectations and
that on this occasion some of the service did not meet the high
standards we set for ourselves.
We appreciate the feedback and will share with the team so that we can
make the necessary improvements.

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

I was disappointed by my stay at Cranage Hall. I attended for a work team bonding session, and was disappointed by a few things. For a hotel that prides itself on customer service, I was annoyed by a couple of things. After lunch my colleagues and myself were trying to check in. No one could check in yet because the rooms weren't ready. Mine, fortunately was, so I embarked on the very long trip to my room. My journey took me out of the main hall and into the newer blocks of buildings. The corridors were very long and like rabbit warrens, leading a lot of people to get lost. I found my room and it was open as it was still getting cleaned (or so I thought). I put my cases in the wardrobe and my valuables in the safe and left the room as we had an outdoor activity as our team building exercise. In the evening, I made my way back to the room to get showered and ready, and I realised that all my bags were in the wrong room. As all the hotel room doors had been open, I had left my belongings in the wrong room. The thing that infuriated me was that I called reception and they said the bags were at reception for me to collect. I asked if they could be delivered to my room for me (which would be normal at a hotel) and they refused to bring them to my room, so I had to go and collect them and embark upon the long journey to reception.
When I finally did get in the shower, I was not happy with the mould and damp in the bathroom. The sealant around the bath was black with mould and the painted walls were speckled with black dots of mould.
The rooms were very dull and in desperate need of a refurb, and the pillows were very synthetic and uncomfortable.

All in all, an unpleasant stay. Don't be fooled by the nice decor in and around the reception area. The rooms are horrible.

Stayed: July 2014
5  Thank Natne1

Natne1, Thank you for sharing your recent comments with the TA community.

We have received great feedback regarding the venue over the past year and especially that we provide genuine, sincere service at great value for money, therefore I am saddened to see your stay was ruined by us not meeting your accommodation and serviice expectations.
I am sorry that our conference venue did not meet your expectations on this occasion and that overall you did not feel we offered true value for money for your stay.

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with honest and sincere feedback.
This will assist us as we continue to improve and strive in our goal of creating
a truly unique conference and event venue.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

My husband and I spent one night at Cranage Hall, and were pleased with what we got for what we had paid. The food was good although service was a little slow at times. We opted for a superior room and were glad that we were placed well away from the main building, where there was a wedding, a party and several corporate events taking place.
The room was clean and spacious, although the exterior of the accommodation block was a little dated and tired looking. More outdoor seating would have been useful as it was such a hot afternoon, and lots of people were looking for somewhere to sit and enjoy the sunshine.
Although the grounds and main building give the impression of a lovely country hotel, it is not - once you get inside, so be wary if you are looking for a secluded, quiet or romantic break, but it's perfect if you're looking for a reasonably priced getaway, with decent facilities.

Room Tip: Ask for a room well away from the function rooms, as they remain busy until the early hours. Superior rooms have a lot of space.
1  Thank 78Pam

78Pam, Thank you for your feedback.
Delighted to see you had a great time and enjoyed everything
this beautiful part of Cheshire has to offer.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon

Regards