1,420 results
All reviews leisure facilities bottle of wine evening meal leisure club buffet style long walk weekend break steam room saturday night wedding venue standard room lovely grounds changing rooms training course restaurant staff couldn't do enough relaxing stay
Reviewed 28 August 2017

this is a hotel with lots of meeting rooms if hotel is full could mean a lot of people in public areas we had 2 course meal and breakfast with our package meal was very nice and breakfast good but fried eggs rubbery left to long in hot plate as buffet good service
check in staff very good free car park did not use spa gym
only problem no micro brewery beer 1 local draft but not very nice and no brandy also limited range of wine in bar or at dinner
overall good stay nice room but found contact lens on floor by bed told cleaners still there next day after clean room in need of a paint lots of grubby marks no air con but opening windows
would stay here again

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Richard M, General Manager at De Vere Cranage Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your detailed review and so pleased you would stay again. I will review our attention to detail in the areas mentioned and ensure our beverage choice continues to increase.

Thank you again for the review and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best Wishes

Kind Regards

Richard Morrell

Reviewed 28 August 2017

We stayed at the Cranage Hall for 4 nights co-inciding with our son's wedding. The staff were very welcoming and eager to help you in anyway they can. Our room was very comfortable with an outlook onto a courtyard garden. The breakfast was very good and items replenished regularly. Service was very prompt.

As a wedding venue it was excellent. The weather allowed the ceremony to be held outside. The hotel manager allocated to look after the arrangement was very good, helpful and friendly and kept everything moving along nicely. The function Hall was a good size and well decorated. Everyone had a really lovely time.

We enjoyed staying at Cranage Hall and strongly recommend it to others. We will definitely stay again.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for a wonderful review of De Vere Cranage Estate and so pleased my team contributed to a wonderfully day. Congratulations too you all and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best Wishes

Richard Morrell

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

Never stay here!
We booked 5 rooms for my cousins wedding. Only one was ready when we arrived and my disabled grandfather wasn't allowed to get ready for his grandsons wedding in the only room available because I hadn't arrived (it was my room).

Reception didn't call me to ask if this was ok just simply said no, meaning we were late for the wedding and my grandparents had to get ready in the loos near reception.

My grandparents weren't given the room they had paid for, they were given a lower grade room without the twin beds they had asked for.

My cousin was promised 10% discount for his guests, we weren't given it as we had paid in advance, computer says no. no attempt to remedy the situation by the extremely rude lady on reception.

Absolutely no attempt at any level of customer service. Very nasty unkind lady on reception.

Ruined what was meant to be a lovely wedding weekend.

Would never ever stay there again!

Trip type: Travelled with family
7  Thank Emma L
Reviewed 23 August 2017

I have review this hotel in the past with a massively better rating however this place have gone down in standard ever since.

I have many times used this hotel before and have very mixed feeling about the place but the at the last couple of stays the standard has dropped below ground levels. In fact, I think that this hotel has now invented a completely new star rating system which can drop in to minus four starts.

We this time booked a conference room which was sort of OK, but then we went for lunch, the service was the most unengaged, reluctant and downright rude service I have ever experienced. The food was presented like a 1950th boarding school, the food was uninspiring and totally tasteless. The experience was a downright insult and we were all shocked by the extremely poor standard standard.

In the afternoon, we vent to then bar to get a drink, we had to constantly look for staff to serve us. The bar is totally stripped for any charm and remind about a council estate Sky-sport bar.

Then came dinner time, OMG. We ordered two squids as starters and two steaks. The food was obviously coming straight out of the freezer and into the fryer. The steak was more than well done, served with no salat nothing to remotely make it interesting and it was like eating a shoe. The steaks was sold cold that the butter couldn't even melt. I can honestly say that I have in my entire life never had a worst meal. My colleague asked for pepper source which was an £4 add on. Worst experience ever, an absolute joke and an insult.

Will NEVER use this hotel again…. Be warned if you have a wedding at this place nothing is working.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank Niels B
YasminCranage, Front Office Manager at De Vere Cranage Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2017

Dear Mr Neils B,

Thank you for taking the time to write the review. I am so sorry on this instance you feel we did not meet our usual high standards of quality that you can see highlighted in many of our other reviews and that you have experienced before. I will be sharing your comments with the relevant departments.

Regards,

Yasmin
Front of House Manager

Reviewed 21 August 2017

Sited in the countryside and off the A50 in a convenient location if you are travelling on the M6, we stayed overnight. Rooms are well furnished and in modern wings: the common rooms are to a very high standard in the old Hall. The restaurant offers a rather limited range of choices for dinner but service is attentive and there’s quality food. We had hoped to use the swimming pool with our grandson, one of the prime reasons for stopping here: but the pool is one part of the leisure/gym complex that is open to the public and has restrictive sessions that limit the pool’s availability to hotel guests – most disappointing.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
YasminCranage, Front Office Manager at De Vere Cranage Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Dear Martin,

Thank you for your review of DeVere Cranage Estate and highlighting our excellent quality of food and service.

I am so sorry that you were not able to take advantage of our splash times in the leisure club, these are advertised at reception and online for guests wishing to use the swimming pool with under 16's. For convenience, if you wish to visit us again in the future the 'splash times' are 8.30am - 10.30am & 2.30pm – 5pm weekends, bank holidays and school holidays inclusive which we feel can benefit most guests staying in the hotel.

Kindest Regards