“A mexican experience......”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cocoyoc
Hotel Hacienda Cocoyoc
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Cocoyoc
Vancouver, Canada
“A mexican experience......”
Reviewed 2 April 2012

My husband and I spent five days at this resort in March 2012. I am writing this review partly because the website does a very poor job of expounding the glories of this place. The history itself is breathtaking We were attending a friends wedding and were treated like royalty from start to finish. The staff was unfailingly polite and dealt with our fumbling Spanish with a smile and a nod. The food was outstanding mexican style delicious and consistently fresh. Access to and from Mexico City, via shuttle, was uncomplicated. The grounds were stunning with lots of water from the viaducts and swimming pools everywhere. The rooms were simple the beds very comfortable.TVs were outdated but who cared? Wifi worked well in the lobby. Walking trails , horseback riding, golf all on the grounds.The only thing I missed was a blow dryer and I am sure if I had requested one would have had it in a few minutes. Tip: bring your English reading material with you! In addition, on Sunday evening, they staged a wonderful outdoor travelling dramatization of the historical events that shaped the establishment of the sugar refinery and Hacienda.

Room Tip: I think they are all good. We had one that faced the front of the hotel and contemplated changing bu...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Brendieanne

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
CVG
Reviewed 1 April 2012 via mobile

My daughter and I had the pleasure of a whole week of R and R at this hidden paradise. I travel all over the world in many countries and every now and then you have an opportunity to find a wonderful little slice of heaven. The staff was so polite and helpful. Even when their English was not the best there was always a smile and then a solution. The food was very Mexican, in a good way. The freshness and cleanliness A+. The spa was small and very personal and pleasant. I haven't mention that this is a renovated abbey that produced surgar cane. The fields were water by an intricat aquduct system hundreds of years old. All the buildings are all rebuilt around the ruins and aquadute system. I repeat a little slice of heaven. A must see.

Stayed March 2012
Wiesbaden, Germany
Reviewed 28 November 2011

Spent a weekend in this hotel. The hotel itself, an old hacienda, is pretty nice, but the rooms are way too old and spartan. The golf course is very nice and the outdoors are wonderful for a restful - forget-the-world type of getaway, but they really need to make the rooms nicer (maybe a larger plat screen TV, etc).

Room Tip: Ask for their larger rooms.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank ZorroPlata67
Reviewed 10 September 2011

I had previously written a rave review for the hotel, and nothing changes that. But when I put "hit or miss" for the spa, that was misleading. The spa was not only disappointing, but downright dangerous. I came out sore with bruises from a "relaxation" massage, but thought I'd recover quickly. Six months and several orthopedists' visits later, I realized I was wrong. The woman who gave me the massage did chiropractic moves that left me with serious tissue damage and a back that still bothers me. Go to the hotel, enjoy the beautiful setting and weather, but be very, very careful with the spa.

Room Tip: Excellent hotel - terrible spa.
Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank debramon
Reviewed 18 August 2011

I stayed at Hacienda Cocoyoc with my family. The Hacienda itself is nice and there are great features such as the old church, etc. But the room was really in bad condition. It smelt humidity, the furniture was from the 80's, except for the tv, there were nothing offered (no coffee machin, hair dryer, allarm clock, etc), what you can normally found in a room for the price we paid. The bed were so hard, I think it would had been more comfortable to sleep on the floor. It would had been OK if I had paid 50$ for that room, but I paid around 140$.... overpriced! It feels like we were in a motel or a 1 star hotel... very desapointed. So I don't recommend this Hotel.

Room Tip: If you can, have a look to the room before paying
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Cocoyoc hotels

Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 23 March 2011

After reading the (not so good) reviews here, we didn't know what to expect....
But we had an excellent stay. When we arrrived (on a Saturday), hotel was full because of the long weekend (puente), but this didn't cause any troubles.
Quick check-in into a nice room.
We played a round of golf on the course behind the hotel (very nice grounds) and in the evening there was a tour in which actors told the history of the hacienda. Nicely done!!
The restaurants serve good food, service was very atentive and the grounds are beautiful.
In the weekend it was quiet hard to find a space in the shade to sit at the poolarea, mainly because of the 'towel-game' that seems to take place in every hotel nowadays.
On the monday and tuesday of our stay the hotel was practically empty. Very nice and quiet, they closed a couple of restaurants, but still enough choise and excellent service.
We also visited the 18 hole golfcourse in Lomas de Cocoyoc, excellent place! Nice views and very well kept.
In short: we had an excellent stay and will certainly return!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Turtlelito
Reviewed 21 March 2011

My daughter, five year old granddaughter and I just got back from a weekend trip to Cocoyoc, and it was heavenly, nothing at all like some of the negative reviews here on Trip Advisor. The hotel was at full capacity, but the grounds are so extensive and so luxurious, that we never felt crowded. And even with all those people, the service at the restaurants was friendly and quick. The weather was perfect, but even so, the heated pool was a plus with our five year old. The food was quite good - delectable even - and very reasonably priced. The cappuchinos and fish dishes were out of this world, and cheaper than in the chains in Mexico City. Beds are basic, but then, after a whole day in the pool, we never missed the fancy mattresses. Spa seems hit or miss - one of us had a great experience, the other one not so good. We'll definitely be back!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cocoyoc
Hotel Quinta Paraiso Cocoyoc
#5 of 7 in Cuautla
Hotel del Rio
Hotel del Rio
#2 of 6 in Oaxtepec

Been to Hotel Hacienda Cocoyoc? Share your experiences!