Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews horse riding dogs and cats every morning amazing hosts breathtaking scenery sight seeing day trip animal lovers spent days memorable holiday incredible experience great company friendly atmosphere places visited mark horses excursions
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 August 2014

It was an experience of a lifetime. Apart from being with the good company of my family and the 6th Tarxien Girl Guides (Malta), we had a wonderful time in the premises and around. The place is just gorgeous. Surrounded by mountains, wildlife, and above all peace and quiet. Superb location for photographic opportunities and bird watching. We've been to a lot of places where only the Sicilians or those living there know best. They have horses too, hence the place is also ideal for horse riding holidays. I take this opportunity to thank the staff at Pippa's Paddock, especially Mark for his dedication and Ras for the bbq's and the high spirit. Looking forward for a return.

Room tip: This is not a hotel, but a resort where one can go and be in touch with nature without the all the frills. It's ideal for people who want to get away from it all. The closest town is Alia and is approx 15 mins drive away.The owners are very nice people. Food is genuine and is prepared in place. Dogs and cats are all over the place but are very friendly. Not recommended for people looking for nightlife. Rooms are clean but no TV (you don't need it there anyway). Suitable for families, couples and singles alike.
Date of stay: August 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We stayed with Mark (and the rest of the adopted family of Raz, horses, cat and dogs) for 5 nights with the opportunity of 5 rides. In fact having arrived at lunch we were out on a horse by 15:00 the same day.

The rides varied from 2 hours to 4 hours through the wonderful hills, local towns and to Marks friends farm house for a homemade lunch.

It was very enjoyable and whilst we were inexperienced riders it has kindled something in me.

In the afternoons / evenings Mark hosted a number of excursions, all of them very worth while. Dinner varied between a number of excellent local restaurants, Mark's home cooking and Raz's BBQs.

In the interest of honestly the only thing which may bother some is that if PPs is fully booked by a few small groups independent of each other, the timetable can be impacted by each other's timekeeping. However if you take the relaxed Sicilian attitude you'll soon stop worrying.

The only aspects we did not score as 5's were:
- Location: As inexperienced riders we had a fairly small circumference we could explore and I don't think we got to see the full experience of the location.
- Rooms: The rooms have wonderful charm and are comfortable. No television was great for us and the the little community that inevitably builds up during a stay.
- Value: We booked through an agent and whilst they themselves were excellent I'm sure it would be better value to go directly.

It was an excellent holiday and we will certainly be looking to return.

Most importantly for us, the comments everyone makes about Mark are completely accurate. He is an excellent, hard working and thoroughly interesting host.

2  Thank amcoulson
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I spent a whole month at Pippa's Paddock and it was by far the most amazing experience and holiday I could have asked for. The scenery was breath-taking and waking up every morning to the beautiful view from the terrace was perfection. Everyone at the paddock was friendly and more than welcoming. As a more experienced rider I was looking forward to some fast and exciting hacks around the Sicilian countryside, and that's exactly what I got. As I was there for a month I felt like part of the family and when my boyfriend came to visit me everyone made him feel so welcome. We even got him on a horse a couple of times, even though he's never been on a horse before, and he loved it. The water park, adventure park, excursions out to castles, the lake and the outstanding meals out we had were all an added bonus! I couldn't have asked for a better holiday and Mark and Raz couldn't do enough for you! The paddock caters for everyone, from families, couples, friends and groups! So I will definitely be back, and will be bringing my Mum and my fellow horse riders!

Room tip: The paddock is home to 2 beautiful dogs, so bare in mind dogs do bark at numerous hours of the night.
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Our holiday at Pippa's Paddock was great!

Mark and his team organised a full programme of activities for our 6 night stay which included visits to water parks, places of interest, agriturismo establishments and of course horse riding!

Our hosts were always very flexible to our needs (and being 3 families with a total of 6 children, their flexibility was essential for the success of our stay)

And what about the evening BBQs on the paddock's terrace... a brilliant way to end the day by admiring the views while sipping some good wine.

Oh, and they also organised a birthday party for one of our kids! Fantastic!

Needless to say, we highly recommend Pippa's Paddock to any families wishing an alternative place for their holidays!

1  Thank trevornau
Reviewed 12 July 2014

My 16 year old son and I spent a week with Mark, Raz and the animals and this one of the best holidays we have ever had, we didn't want to come home. Mark is a gentle and expert horseman with the most beautiful range of horses for you to ride. I have rode all my life but my son could only trot when we arrived but by the end of the break we were galloping together, although Mark does not push you to do anything you don't want to do and our safety was always his priority. The ride to the farmhouse belonging to a friend of Mark was particularly memorable, we had an amazing ride, followed by an outstanding lunch, siesta then a gentle ride back to base. The non-riding activities were brilliant too and Mark's passion and knowledge of Sicily makes you fall in love with the Island also. We went to some amazing local restaurants where the food and wine was fabulous and the BBQ on the terrace was lovely. We cannot wait to go back!