Agriturismo Villa Dafne
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfarm tourpizzacooking classbeautiful locationsicilian countrysidehorse ridingnice poolother guestsantipastigreat funa great place to stayhamrisottocheese makinggreat foodcookery lessonsummer months
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Villa Daphne is placed in the breathtaking hills just below Alia. We had a great room w an abolutely fantastic view of the valley.
Rooms are clean, cosy and comfortable w our own balcony. The family owning the place - and the man in charge Giuseppe, are super friendly and accomodating for any need you should have. E.g. we had our 1 1/2 year old w us, and we were given a complimentary bed for her, as well as the chef would cook special meals for her, at odd times to accomodate her schedule. At no charge. This was never a problem - and I mean never. Not in the regular servicebusiness-terms you know. It really wasnt!!!

Then the food. This is original Sicilian slow food cooked from scratch. Tasty, wholesome and all made from their own produce. Ricotta - daily fresh from their own milk, fresh tomatoes, aged cheeses you name it. They make it for you at the spot. It couldnt be more fresh and tasty, and as foodies, this place was a real treat!
Giuseppe will show you around if you like, to proudly tell you the story of how everything is being produced. Again - the hospitality and the welcoming atmosphere is always present!

We give Villa Dafne our most sincere recommendations. Go here - relax - enjoy the conutry side, the pool, the food and the people. You will love it.

Room Tip: The balconys on the west have a stunnig view of the sunset over the hills.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Thanks to Giuseppe and his staff this was a memorable experience for me (as a biker)! The villa is a located in a wonderful area away from everyday traffic, ideal to enjoy the country roads.
Food is exceptionally wonderful, a true Sicilian freshly made dishes, a big thanks goes for the chef! Very helpful and friendly staff too :)
Will definitely recommend this place to those bikers who wish to leave there bikes near the room, eat good food and ride the motorcycle in warm Sicilian weather.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 July 2013

We are a couple 26 years old and we Arrived Sunday afternoon to a warm welcome, we then experienced a Sicilian Sunday lunch! Amazing. So much food. You need a hire car to get around sicily and that is exactly what we did. We visited many places in our short stay of 5 nights catania, agrigento and the beautiful cefalu. The beaches are beautiful in cefalu and the sea lovely we had dinner over looking the temple valley in agrigento. Just perfect. You must be prepared to drive though. we went horse riding with vincenzo one of the brothers of the farm around the mountains. It was lovely. Alia is just a 5 minute drive and has a good supermarket as we were self catering. The family and staff were the most helpful and kind people I have ever met. Especially giessoppe one of the brothers he made our stay perfect They accommodated our every need from small dishes Of antipasti to red wine to maps! We had a tour of the farm and it was lovely to see how everything works and is made. The family work very hard and are so lovely. I was sad to say goodbye. Defiantly well worth a visit. The views are stunning and a true Sicilian experience.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 22 June 2013

I recently stayed here with my partner in a self catering apartment. This hotel was perfect for us: out in the middle of nowhere, peaceful, quiet, great views etc. For some people, being so secluded might not be ideal- if you want shops on your door step then this isn't the place. Best go to Ibiza. You do need a car if you stay here really and its about 2 hours from Palermo airport. It is also a long way from a lot of other tourist site such as Mount Etna but we knew this before we arrived and were okay with this.

Firstly, the apartment is ok- the walls are fairly thin but with a good set of ear plugs you get a good nights sleep still. I agree with previous reviews that the showers are a bit crap but as I was on holiday I wasn't bothered. Our apartment looked over towards the nearby village- Alia which is a short drive away and also within walking (hiking) distance. They cleaned the room every day which was great and the staff were so friendly.

The food at Villa Dafne is also fantastic!! For 20 euros you get a selection of starters then a pasta course followed by a meat course and Italian ice cream. All of which the staff said is home made and many of the ingredients are from their own farm!! Your also get a massive jug of red wine included so I though it was good value. We only ate their twice though as it is obviously still more expensive that buying a pizza. There is a Pizzeria in Alia which is reasonable and literally just up the road from Villa Dafne is another hotel complex which has excellent food. We had some pizzas there which were amazing!!

One of the best bits about the trip was its location and being able to lay by the pool looking over some incredible views!

The hotel has 2 mountain bikes which we borrowed and went exploring round the surrounding area which was great.

If you want to experience the real Sicily, this is the place to be. Although parts of the room (shower not too powerful) weren't to the same standard as you might find in other hotels it didn't really matter because the location is so good, food amazing and staff- I cannot speak highly enough of.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank StarryEyes111
Reviewed 16 June 2013

I stayed at Villa Daphna for 5 nights at it was a fantastic relaxing experience. My room was lovely with a rustic feel and a balcony with breathtaking views. And if you like swimming you will not be disappointed with the pool area.
The food was delicious-all farm produce, I did a cooking class to learn how to cook some Sicilian dishes which was fun; the chef is such a good cook!
I was on my own without a car but this was not a problem, when I wanted to go on day trips to places such as Cefalu and Agrigento they dropped me off and picked me up from the train station. Giuseppe, his family and staff all went out their way to make my stay so wonderful, such lovely genuine people. Such good value, I hope to return next year.

Isabella