Relais Guillaume de Normandy
Hotel du Port et des Bains(Saint-Valery-sur-Somme)
US$187
US$144
Hotel Les Pilotes(Saint-Valery-sur-Somme)
US$91
US$79
  • Restaurant
La Colonne de Bronze(Saint-Valery-sur-Somme)
US$119
US$114
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Picardia(Saint-Valery-sur-Somme)
US$165
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Restaurant du Cap Hornu(Saint-Valery-sur-Somme)
US$131
US$138
US$135
US$117
US$114
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsno liftfirst floorlovely locationeuro menuseveral yearsoverlooking the bayst valerymenuscarafesomme
Reviewed 6 April 2014

This is the best Restaurant and Hotel you can find in Saint Valery and its surroundings.
The food is nothing overly fancy but true and honest food from Picardie. Try the pre salted lamb its a blast! The staff are very friendly and helpful. We have been visiting this hotel for more than 25 years and it is better every time!

Room Tip: Any room is good, the parking side don't have the sea view and the others do! ;-)
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank SebastiaanLeeuw
Reviewed 18 October 2013

My wife and I booked a weekend away in France on the spur of the moment. After picking up a Logis de France Guide at our first lunch-stop after arriving into Calais, we decided to overnight in Saint Valary sur Somme because a work colleague recommended it as a pretty medieval village worth a visit.
I phoned ahead to the Relais Guillaume de Normandy and they had a double room available. We rolled slowly down the D 940 enjoying the view and rural France in all its lovely querkiness. On arrival in the village we were simply astonished to discover where we had booked into! The hotel is a simply magnificent Gothic building complete with stairway tower. It has its own spacious car park in a garden setting (which is well worth knowing as parking in Saint Valery is awkward).
The room was plain but lovely and clean.
We went down to dinner to find the restaurant nearly full of hotel residents and locals. Our table was ready for us and we were given a warm welcome. The simple menu we chose was delicious and the chicken in Camembert sauce a house speciality.
Breakfast too was great with lovely fresh croissants and conserves washed down with big cups of coffee. A jug of hot milk was provided without our asking for cafes au lait.
The total bill was very modest for such a lovely place and such fine food.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank David B
Reviewed 19 July 2013

We love this place so are very biased. Yes, rooms are small but have been renovated recently and are much prettier than before. Our room had a terrace for sitting out overlooking the Baie and a small balcony for more air. The food is brilliant and there is a shady carpark. The stairs creak and it's very Gothic but if you like that, it's great - no lift and at least two floors to climb but OK. A new restaurant extension has even better views over the Baie. This is probably our 5/6th visit and we shall be back again. All the menus are good and good value - OH said the best meal of the holiday (5 weeks!). Little English spoken.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank suechefUk
Reviewed 17 May 2013

Very nice setting for this small hotel. Rooms were small & bathrooms similar.
The location was lovely, overlooking the sea.
Very good food in restaurant & good breakfast.
Car park.
Many stairs if elderly, no lift.

Room Tip: Sea view room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Stuartessaouira
Reviewed 17 February 2013

I´ve never spent the night here, but I have had lunch her. I dropped in a few months ago, me and my kindle, in search of a place with good food, nice atmosphere and a decent view.

I went for one of the menu´s. Entreé, Main, and Dessert.

As a entree I had a Avocat mousse with crab and tomatoes. - Amazing!!!
Main - Salmon. - Nothing super special, but still a good meal
I can´t remember what I had for dessert right now, but I left the restaurant an hour and a half later, with a smile on my face.

If you are in Saint Valery, I would suggest this place for lunch, or a dinner.
It is worth the money. The place seem to be rather popular, so it might be an idea to call and book in advance.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo