“Excellent”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

We were a party of 4 with a baby. The owner and staff were very welcoming and accommodating as we arrived late. We took a mix of items a la carte and sm menus. The food was all around very nice. The coquille de poissons was very tasty and the mussels were really yummy too. As a desert I took the moelleux au caramel beurre salé which was great too. One of us took the assiette gourmande which was indeed very gourmande. The view over the bay was lovely and if we understood well the decoration was being modernised.
The only thing they should watch out is a bit of customer service. Maybe it was the inexperienced waitress rather than normal service. She forgot to clean our table (full of mussels n plates) before bringing coffees so we had to change table. Then I don't drink coffee and usually when it's included in the menu I get proposed a tea or infusion (sometimes I pay the price difference). Here I paid full price on the tea and was billed for the coffee (so we had an extra coffee).
All this is details compared to the wonderful food experience we had.
I definitely recommend this restaurant and I will go there again if I ever come back to st valery!

2  Thank Ma31

Reviewed 1 October 2013 via mobile

Called in for lunch and choice the 3 course with coffee.
Great value .
Starter and mains were really well presented and tasted beautiful.
Was a little dissapointed with the creme brulee,it was very dark in colour and the sugar on top wasnt crispy.
Overall a great place with very friendly staff,would eat there again

1  Thank UkCartman
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Always friendly, nice coffee, simple food. Fine for a snack. There is a good view over the water from the windows at the back of the cafe.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

A small brasserie in the mail street of St-Valery-sur-Somme, terrific service and traditionally cooked northern French food. Good value for money, a very enjoyable visit.

Reviewed 23 July 2013

We had eaten in the restaurant side of this bar/tabac some days before, the Food was ok for the rest of my family, mainly normal dull French fare, ie 'chips with everything'.... but I was given warm oysters with no dressing, the bullot were yesterdays and it was all quite expensive.......but we let all that slide as we were on holiday.....but the rudness we came across by the woman serving behind the counter of the tabac was incredible....a real shame to come across this sort of person....needless to say we will not be going back to La Civette.

1  Thank BullotBristol