We should have heeded the warning signs, a somewhat frosty reception and being told that we had to eat outside when we wanted to be inside should have been a warning to leave for somewhere more customer friendly.
I opted for what was described as 'rump steak'. I attempted to eat the slab of sinew and gristle but it was literally inedible, we think that it was actually stewing steak. Trying to swallow a piece of this 'meat' it got stuck in my gullet (my main thought was, lucky there's a hospital over the road) however some hearty thumps on the back from my wife managed to dislodge it.
The shock of this unpleasant experience, the fact we felt our French was inadequate to describe what had happened plus a too English desire not to make a scene meant that I left the uneaten 'steak' on my plate fully expecting the lady patron to ask what was wrong with it.
In fact she removed the plate without comment and with her customary frosty demeanour and left us with the bill.
There are plenty of good places to eat in the town, so we wont be returning here!
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.