“Great Cafe with a Great Fish Tea!”
Review of Eglinton Diner

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Eglinton Diner
Ranked #7 of 31 Restaurants in Saltcoats
Reviewed 28 March 2014

While in Salcoats on a cold February day we chanced upon the Eglinton Diner (Cafe) down a sidestreet off the main shopping area. We were there at lunchtime and found the staff extremely helpful and friendly and we couldn't believe the low prices on show. We both settled for a "Fish TEa" - in Scotland this is fish&chips, buttered bread and tea or coffee. I don't drink either so had a can of Diet Irn Bru (Scotland's other national drink). We opted for the 'small portion' of the Fish Tea at an unbelievable low price of only £3.00 per head (I paid 50p for the soft drink). The food was excellent and not at all a 'small portion' as stated on the menu! The Cafe was busy, clean and had a nice homely atmosphere, even for lunchtime. There's plenty to choose from the menu and even have a Carry OUt section next door if you feel like sitting at the seafront a short walk away (not for a cold February though!). We will definitely drop-in for another Fish Tea the next time we are in Saltcoats.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

If you want a great fresh fish supper ,on a plate with chip shop vinegar and tommy sauce ,this is where to come .
Freshly made out the fryer piping hot and bread and butter with a cup of Tea .
In a nice clean environment with happy staff and very very cheap a small high tea and large high tea supper both fish extra drinks all for £11 and its CHEAPER during the week two small fish supper high teas on weekday lunchtimes £3 amazing value and amazing taste or the soup n chips are £2 brilliant wee lunch.
I wouldn't buy a take away supper again this is just so good , my girlfriend said "don't give it a review as it will get so busy" ,well I am because they deserve it well done .
See you soon.!!!!!!!!

Reviewed 16 March 2014

5 of us met for a £3 fish tea lunch. Good (but obviously not enormous for that price) helping of freshly cooked food served with bread,butter and tea by a cheery waitress. Delicious. Will return.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

The first visit there, I thought it was great. Fast friendly service by a young girl. Food was tasty at a reasonable price.
Decided to go back last week. Took a seat.... One member of staff sat at a table talking to friend/family.
She then walked them to the door to say goodbye. Came back and cleared the table. She glanced over at me but made no move to serve me.
Second member if staff came out and they both stood chatting at till.
I decided to put on my coat and leave.
Very disappointing. Won't be going back

Reviewed 30 September 2013

for that traditional seaside chip shop this is the one to visit highly recommended great friendly and warm welcome is given always and value for money...