“Amazing!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Saltcoats
Lochwood Farm Steading
Glasgow
“Amazing!”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We stayed in the Bed of Roses suite for our Anniversary. It's beautiful, the most romantic place I have ever seen. It has an outdoor hot tub, the breakfast is great, scones with jam and clotted cream on arrival, we were offered a Baileys while in the hot tub and it wasn't a small measure either. Elaine is lovely and friendly and couldn't do enough for us. Go and see Ted the donkey, he's so friendly.

Room Tip: If you're looking for romance stay in the bed of roses suite.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
lochwoodfarm, Owner at Lochwood Farm Steading, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay here with us and all the little extras like the homemade scones and complimentary baileys. Ted is very cute and so is his companion Pickles, our little miniature Shetland pony. They just love watching people in the hot tub if they so happen to be in the little field that is next to it !!! We do hope that you will come back and stay with us again and many thanks for writing such a terrific review, it is very much appreciated. Thanks again, Elaine.

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Lanark, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 May 2014

This was our second stay at Lochwood but our first in the log cabin, our first stay was in The Bed of Roses Suite which was more than we expected with lovely touches which Elaine does so well. We stayed in the log cabin this time and once again we were not disappointed in the least, very spacious and again all the little touches that make it so much more special, the massive bed was so comfortable I struggled getting up in the mornings but as we have sampled the breakfasts before we could not give them a miss. We also had the Pot Luck suppers two nights during our long weekend what can I say 5* food it was outstanding, Elaine knows how to cook that's for sure! you have to try the pot luck suppers even the cheese board was so tasty with cheeses we have never tried before. Then the hot tub, what can I say, we spent most of out time in the tub, during the day... just sitting relaxing watching/ listening to the nesting birds and watching the cows in the fields and at night with a wee glass of wine looking at the stars, what more can one want for a relaxing break. Really the only words needed are...."we'll be back for a third visit"

Sandra and Peter

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sandra D
lochwoodfarm, Owner at Lochwood Farm Steading, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thank you for your fantastic review. I'm absolutely delighted by your comments but more importantly, that you had such a great time here. We are in a very peaceful setting and it is a great place to come and relax and just enjoy the wonderful scenery from the outdoor jacuzzi hot tub. I'm glad that you also enjoyed my farmhouse suppers. I'm doing more cookery courses so hopefully you will be able to try my new dishes ! We look forward to seeing you both again for your third visit and once again, many thanks for taking the time to write a review. Best wishes, Elaine.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We decided to stop at Lochwood as we were visiting family in the area and wanted a place with plenty of room to accommodate our little ones. We were not disappointed the Highland Suite surpassed our expectation and was spacious, comfortable and very well equipped - there was nothing that we needed that was not already in the accommodation.

Elaine is a very welcoming host and was always willing to help. On arrival in the accommodation we were greeted with home made scones with jam, four Easter Eggs and a lovely bouquet of flowers - after a long drive it was a lovely welcome.

Views were absolutely outstanding and our little ones loved living amongst the animals - Jenson and Lauren especially liked the 'Moo Moo's' and Ted the donkey.

Elaine's breakfasts are outstanding and set us up for the day :-)

Would definitely recommend this accommodation to others and we will definitely be booking a return visit!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
lochwoodfarm, Owner at Lochwood Farm Steading, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Thank you so much for your lovely comments and taking the time to write a review. We're really glad that you had a great stay with us over Easter and enjoyed the chocolate eggs, scones etc The views from our farm are amazing (when the weather is good - ha, ha !) and you can see for miles in so many directions. Glad to hear that my breakfasts also set you up for the day ! We do hope that you will come and stay with us again and I hope that you enjoyed the rest of your holiday before returning home. Thank you once again and best wishes, Elaine.
Carluke, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Stayed in log cabin for 2nd time. Once again Elaine was very welcoming and the little touches around the cabin were fantastic ie the sweets on our pillows little jars of sweets and nuts. had a great sleep in the HUGE bed which is SO COMFY. Sitting under the stars in the hot tub was great. If your staying at the weekend you must try the pot luck supper one of the best meals we have ever had and the pig out breakfast was just amazing. Looking forward to returning for a 3rd time. thanks again Steven and Fiona x

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank steven d
lochwoodfarm, Owner at Lochwood Farm Steading, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Hi Steven and Fiona and many thanks for taking the time to write such a great review, it is very much appreciated. However, I am most delighted by the fact that you had such a truly relaxing time here and enjoyed your weekend away. I'm glad that you also enjoyed my pot luck suppers. I love cooking and baking and offering the suppers is a great way for me to follow one of my passions. We do look forward to your third visit and once again, thank you for the review as well as the 'thank you' card that you also left me. Best wishes, Elaine.
Bo'ness, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 March 2014

The Bed of Roses Suite is everything you could want from a suite. The bed is super comfy, the shower room has underfloor heating, the living area has a recliner seat and huge TV. It's also stocked with a selection of up to date DVDs!

The breakfast was delicious, there are standard set options and a daily special so plenty to choose from and the quality of cooking is second to none.

However, a few points to note which I would have liked to have known ahead of time:

- There is a deal that if you stay Friday and Saturday you get accomodation only free for Sunday. Sadly this was no mentioned to us on the phone when booking, in the booking confirmation email or when we arrived/ate breakfast both mornings. So we were not able to take advantage of this offer (work commitments on the Monday) Infact we only found out about the offer once we'd packed up the car and went to pay, not an ideal time to even consider a late check out!
- The hot tubs for the Bed of Roses Suit is not next to the suite, it's across a farm road on the edge of a field. Not a busy road at all but you do need to make a bit of a dash in the cold weather. There were no extra towels to take across to the hot tub so we were left in a bit of a predicament. As someone else said, remember and take flip flops!
- You need to leave the room for a 'few hours' each day. This might not be a problem for many people but we were away for a lazy weekend and planned to stay in the suit/hot tub the entire time (well except for dinner time!) so we were a little stuck for what to do in the area and felt we had to 'kill a few hours' of our holiday.
- There is no WiFi in the suit and it costs to access the WiFi in the farmhouse. There is no internet signal on smart phones (at least we couldn't get one) so if you're waiting on an important email you'll need to drive for a signal.
- Check the use by date on the breakfast cereal boxes, I nearly ended up eating Shreddies which went out of date in 2013!

Overall a lovely stay but I would have planned it a bit differently had I known the above.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
lochwoodfarm, Owner at Lochwood Farm Steading, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
We are delighted that you had such a lovely stay with us and thank you for taking the time to post a review. I know that you have raised a few issues within the review and I can only apologise and would be pleased if you would allow me to address them.

- Our special '3 nights for the price of 2' weekend offer has been advertised on our website since January 2013 and is in our special offer box within the very first page of the website. This little box also sparkles in order to catch your attention. It is also in our 'special news' page of the website. I did check back to your enquiry email and you were very specific about wanting to arrive on the 14 March and leave on Sunday 16 March. We do get many guests who cannot stay the extra night because of work commitments and you did say yourselves that you wouldn't have been able to stay an extra night due to this. Also within our confirmation email, we do ask you to refer back to our website to check terms and conditions and any further information like directions, places to eat, visit etc and anything that may have been missed first time round is hopefully picked up on a second look through. We pride ourselves with the amount of information that we have put together in our website but it is impossible to go through everything that is on there with guests as this would take several hours but we appreciate that on this occasion, you have missed our special offer and in future, I will double check that guests are fully aware of any special offers that we may be doing.

- the hot tub for this suite is in a field across a little road and flip flops are an excellent idea and we will recommend guests who will be staying in this suite to bring some. I'm at a loss with the lack of towels though as we do provide two bathrobes along with five other towels. However, although no-one has requested more towels in the past, this would not have been a problem if I had been made aware that more were required.

- Included in the price of your stay is a full service clean which can take one to two hours whereby your bed is fully made up, bathroom fully cleaned, hospitality tray replenished and everything tidied up etc. We do not request any more time than this to fully complete this service and I always agree a suitable time, in advance, so as never to disturb guests. This service clean happens in every hotel, guest house, B&B where you have booked in for a B&B stay and is a standard practice across the industry but in order to do this, we do require access. If guests are happy to forego this and not leave, this certainly would not have been a problem (extra time off for me !) but the service clean wasn't turned down on this occasion. We even discussed places to go and visit during breakfast and I sadly and mistakenly got the impression that you were happy to go out and about and visit the area and what it has to offer.

- We do not charge for WIFI and you have completely baffled me with this statement. WIFI can only be accessed from our breakfast room and not the suites, so this is completely correct and is due to the thickness of the walls in the farmhouse and the signal being weak but it is completely free and always has been. I have never, ever charged for this and have no intention of ever doing so. If any guest ever had a problem accessing internet from their own laptop then we would be more than happy to allow them to have use of our own personal laptops for anything important. We honestly try very hard to be very obliging and helpful here. I cannot comment about your smart phone as I'm not sure which provider you are with but we know that O2, Orange and Vodafone all receive a signal here.

- Cereal, at first glance, I thought like you, that it was out of date. However, if you look closer, there are actually two dates - one is a packaging date (from 2013) and the other is an 'out of date' date. I have thoroughly checked every cereal box and there is nothing that is out of date and in fact most boxes are dated until 2015.

I am only sad and disappointed that I couldn't rectify any of the above at the time of your stay but I wasn't aware of any of these points until I read this review. I do fully appreciate that on the whole, you did enjoy your stay here with us but it is those little extra things that are very important to both us, your hosts and you, our guests. Our special '3 for 2' offer finishes at the end of May and we may well re-introduce it again from October. However, I do feel that you have been let down on this offer and I would be very grateful if you would like to give me the opportunity to rectify this and would be grateful if you could contact me so we could hopefully arrange another stay so that you could take advantage of it.
In the meantime, I do wish you all the best with your imminent wedding and hope you have a really great day.
best wishes
Elaine
greenock
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Just spent Saturday night in the authentic log cabin at loch wood. Upon arrival Elaine was very welcoming and obviously puts a lot of effort into making guests feel at home. We were shown around our cabin, which was a very well presented cabin with some things you don't get with a normal cabin like the roll top bath and a wooden bed that could sleep 10 haha. Personal touches make a lot of difference like the sweets on the pillow and the jar of sweets/nuts etc. the hot tub was great. Anyone staying at the weekend try the pot luck supper, honestly one of the best meals I have ever had, not a bad thing I can say about it. I will be back.

• Stayed March 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and we are delighted that you had such a great stay here with us. We're glad that you enjoyed all the little extras in the Log Cabin and particularly enjoyed one of my pot luck suppers. Please do come and stay here with us again and thank you once again, your comments are very much appreciated. Elaine
wishaw scotland
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

Overnight for my husbands birthday , from arrival to departure fantastic.
Pot luck supper was truley an experience for the taste buds. The rooms we had chocolate and champagne room it was magnificent. Especially the bath for 2. Elaine the owner was very warm and frendly as was her husband Rob. I woud recommend lochwood farm steadings to all.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
lochwoodfarm, Owner at Lochwood Farm Steading, responded to this review, 15 March 2014
I am delighted that you had a great stay here with us and that you particularly enjoyed the Chocolate and Champagne suite and my delicious 'pot luck' suppers. We do hope that you will come and stay here with us again. We are constantly trying to add new suites or offer new things here so please keep an eye on our website. Thank you once again for your custom and for giving us such a great review. It is very much appreciated. Best wishes, Elaine.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saltcoats
The Waterside Hotel
#1 of 2 in Kilwinning
The Red Squirrel Lodge
The Red Squirrel Lodge
#1 of 1 in Stevenston

Been to Lochwood Farm Steading? Share your experiences!