“MORE THAN I EXPECTED”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Radharc Alainn

Radharc Alainn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bunmahon
Radharc Alainn
Ranked #2 of 2 Bunmahon B&B and Inns
Melbourne Australia
“MORE THAN I EXPECTED”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2009

I had a 10 week trip thru Ireland and Europe, I rated Radharc Alainn at the top of the list, I do not hesitate to recommend it to all types of travellers, whether a family or a loner, and regardless of age.

My conclusion : "Stay there" ! ! !

• Stayed July 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank Curl1611

Families
Stamullen, Co.Meath
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2009

We spent an all too short weekend in Wexford with Cherill and George last month. I was attending one of George's photography workshops and my wife was just looking to 'get away from it all'. We both got what we were looking for and then some !!! Never before have we felt so at home so quickly in someone else's home. The food which was all homemade was absolutely delicious. The surrounding area is extremely scenic, perfect for exploring with camera in hand. And as for George's workshop, I learnt a lot but in a laid-back, relaxed atmosphere. Once again, many thanks to you both for your incredibly generous hospitality.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MartinSonya
Worcestershire, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2009

I needed to get away for a week and had never been to Ireland before. So many people had told me about the beauty and wonderful hospitality of the country I had to go.
I found Radharc Alainn quite by chance touring the Coppercoast region. I was immediately made extremely welcome and enjoyed a fantastic week eating beautiful meals in surroundings which , in my opinion, can not be equalled anywhere in the world!
It was the most relaxing time, and my hosts pointed me in the right direction to take some stunning photographs at the nearby waterfalls.

• Stayed January 2007, travelled solo
1 Thank MickyMerkin
Nr Portsmouth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2009

My home is a bit messy - lacks room and does not have much of a view. Apart from that George and his wife manage to make you feel like it is your home as much as theirs. It might just be the way the Irish are, but whatever it is it make a stay there exceptional.

Of course as it is easy to feel at home with a photographer, cos I'm one (when the lightings right), but anyway, at least the mood is right when staying with the Mundays!

• Stayed May 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank MauriceFH
Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2009

A friend and I traveled tgo the Copper Coast in the south of Ireland to take photography lessons from George Munday. As part of this venture, we stayed for several days with George and Cherill at their bed and breakfast home. Our lodging was comfortable and quiet; the food and wine were superb; and the converation was easy, yet stimulating. The countryside was beautiful, and the ocean just down the hill. Both Doris Littrell and I recommend that you spend a few days with the Mundays on the Copper Coast. You will leave relaxed and renewed.

• Stayed September 2007, travelled with friends
1 Thank photographerfroke
Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2009

George supplied that wonderful blend of expert guidance and space for personal exploration. How fortunate I felt to be shown the most picturesque spots in the county at a pace that suited my own image-making. He was always ready with expert advice and encouragement but never overbearing. Cherill provided us with warm hospitality and exquisite meals. They were both so generous in accomodating my family. What a relaxing way to improve your photography!

• Stayed July 2007, travelled on business
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2007

Radharc Alainn B&B is down a sandy ocean road in the lovely area of County Waterford known as the Copper Coast. (I'll post a separate write up of the photography class I took with them). The Copper Coast Geopark is located on the South East coast of Ireland, in County Waterford.

George and Cherill Munday run the B&B as well as a digital photography course. The en suite single room (38 Euros) was on the first floor in the front of the house. It had a view of the garden and ocean. The room had fresh flowers in it along with a satellite TV and DVD player, clock radio, hairdryer and tea/coffee equipment. The bed was a very comfortable futon. The room was bright and very clean. Breakfast was served at 9:00 but they are very flexible with your schedule. Cheryl is a wonderful cook!

They have a computer lab on the 2nd floor so you can check your e-mail or if you booked a photography class, you can use the digital darkroom! George is an amazing photographer and teacher. The scenery is amazing. and there are some great area to hike to see beaches and waterfalls, You feel like family when you stay here!

• Liked — The hosts
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bunmahon
Gold Coast Golf Resort
#3 of 11 in Tramore
Barnawee Bridge Guesthouse
Barnawee Bridge Guesthouse
#7 of 18 in Dungarvan

Been to Radharc Alainn? Share your experiences!