“NOW I can swim!”
Review of Ard Na Ciuin

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ballyduff
Ard Na Ciuin
Ranked #1 of 2 Ballyduff B&B and Inns
Dublin, Ireland
“NOW I can swim!”
Reviewed 28 April 2013

I've just had a wonderful time at Ard Ciuin. My stay was to attend their 5-day intensive swimming course. This involved a one-hour private swimming class each morning, followed by an hour's practice later in the day, followed by a divine soak in their outdoor hot (really hot!) tub. The food was really good. Super breakfasts and absolutely delicious dinners each evening of my stay. The hosts, Lynette and Trevor were so nice. My room was lovely.I really have nothing but praise for Ard Ciuin and would highly recommend it. it's in a very peaceful location too. And best of all, I can now swim! At last.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank 0411tanglewood

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Essex
Reviewed 31 March 2013

Recently returned from a four-night family holiday at Ard Na Ciuin.

Trevor and Lynette were both extremely welcoming and couldn't do enough to have made our stay any better. The accommodation was ideal, extremely clean and nicely decorated. Breakfast was brilliant - by far the best 'fry up' we've had - and was followed each day by delicious homemade banana and chocolate chip muffins or oat biscuits.

Although out in the sticks, the guesthouse is situated just minutes away from Ballyduff, with Lismore and Fermoy each a little further on so there's plenty around to keep you occupied. Trevor was also more than helpful with his directions!

All of us, aged from 3 up to 83, loved our stay and would highly recommend to couples or families looking to enjoy Ireland.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Just home from a week in ard na ciuin, myself and my friend did the swimming course, i had a fear of qater and have tried to learn for years but could not get past a certain point. I would reccomend this course to anyone who wants to learn to swim, i was amazed at myself and how far i came, there were good days and bad days but with tracey (swimming instructor) by my side helping me every step and pushing me at just the right time i got there in the end, also the encouragement from lynette and trevour in the house each evening and morning kept me going and i have learned how you can do anything once you put your mind to it :).
The home made food was to die for, we were so made to feel right at home. I am booking to go back down for my birthday in the summer for one of the hot tub partys. Highly reccomend ard na ciuin, amazing things happen when you stay there ;)). I have come home well rested, relaxed and with a new found confidence and have made new friends :).

• Stayed March 2013
3 Thank wonderwoman1977
Spiddal, Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 3 November 2012

Loved the stunning views,warm & friendly welcome from Trevor & Lynette who can't do enough for you & you feel like you've known them all your life. Enjoyed the cosy open fire in sitting room,cosy bedroom & delicious wholesome food. Thoroughly enjoyed swimming in the Endless pool which is so clean & refreshing & look forward to returning at some stage

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
lisaxkx
Reviewed 15 August 2012

Me and my mum have just come back from staying at the ard na ciuin guesthouse. We had such a lovely time and cant thank lynette and trev enough for their hospitality & delicious food. We thoroughly enjoyed the pizzas on thursday and are having withdrawal symptoms from the bubbling hot tub with stunning views.

• Stayed August 2012
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2012

I spent a week doing the residential swimming course here and cannot recommend this highly enough.
The location is stunning, the facilities excellent and the food divine....esp the freshly made muffins Lynette provides.
In terms of learning to swim, this is the perfect environment, the pool is incredible and Tracey is the most amazing instructor. There was plenty of opportunity to spend time practising and fantastic support from everyone....and I even amazed myself at the progress I made.
Trevor and Lynette could not have been more helpful in suggesting local sightseeing activities and the week flew by all too quickly.
If you are considering learning to swim or just want a relaxing holiday in a beautiful location....do it!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Chiang Mai Thailand
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Ard Na Ciuin is more than a guesthouse, from the minute you arrive Lynette and Trevor are extremly friendly and welcome its def home from home! I enjoyed the hot tub over looking the view it is a great place to relax and unwind. Lynette cooked us a very tasty meal with the veg coming from her own garden it was fab and also a beautiful home made dessert to follow! The lounge with open fire is a lovely place to chill out after eating with a good selection of books and board games also! I really enjoyed the breakfast options as you get to choose what youd like eat and also taste Lynettes home made muffins which were so good! Its a great location for Cork, Waterford, Lismore ect.. Also Trevor is very helpful and has a lot of knowledge on local attractions and very happy to answer any questions about the surrounding areas.. Overall a very pleasant stay and I will def be back!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LeeEoin

Been to Ard Na Ciuin? Share your experiences!