“Lovely time but still can't swim!”
Review of Ard Na Ciuin

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ballyduff
Ard Na Ciuin
Ranked #1 of 2 Ballyduff B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Stayed at this beautiful location with great expectations of coming home swimming, but alas this did not happen think it could be me. Location on the side of a mountain with beautiful scenery. Breakfast x4 and had one evening meal all food was excellent in a very relaxed dining room. Have full use of kitchen upstairs during our stay was fantastic. Do not have a fear of water but trying for years to learn to swim and had high hopes that here I would succeed but am still the same two strokes and then down i go. Trevor and Lynette are both very welcoming but be aware you will pay up in full a month before you go normally its deposit and then pay balance on departure.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Pier19

Reviewed 5 July 2014

The drive up to Ard Na Ciuin over a very hilly rough road may be a bit daunting but well worth the effort. It is such a beautiful, tranquil place, peace and quiet, no traffic. Along with looking after their cattle, pigs, chickens,ducks and goodness knows what else, making home made wine and jams, baking cakes, growing vegetables, they also run a super little guesthouse. The rooms are very comfortable,as is the lounge where you can chill out, everywhere is spotlessly clean, breakfast is superb. Nothing is any bother to Lynette. Service is first class. My wife and I shall certainly be returning and I highly recommend this property to you.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GreenislandFisher
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I went to Ard Na Ciuin to do the learn to swim course,It was a last attempt after years of trying! With Tracey's help I overcame my fear of putting my face in the water,and by the end of the week i could even breath under water !! I have now joined a local pool to keep up my practice and take further lessons to move on with Tracy's teachings.. The B&B was lovely, beautiful views, fab food and Trevor and Lynette are great hosts. The hot tub was a lovely evening treat, even when a thunder storm started just after getting in!! It is a great location with lovely drives and a great place to sit back and relax. To quote Arnie I'll be back :)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Siobhan P
Reviewed 28 September 2013

This is a hidden gem in some of the most glorious scenery - a wonderful starting point for exploring the surrounding area.
We have stayed with Trevor and Lynette on several occasions and the standards, service and hospitality are second to none. We shall certainly come again and would gladly recommend this guesthouse to others

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ivor P
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Trevor and Lynette really do show every attention to detail possible - but it is done in such a relaxed and friendly way it seems effortless (which I'm sure it can't be!!) From arrival to departure I felt very pampered and the location is superb. Def recommend the hot tub option! We also enjoyed a fantastic display of shooting stars on the first night. The relaxed atmosphere also extended to socialising in the evening with other guests and our hostess. I'm sure that if I was a solo traveller I would feel very at ease staying here. The breakfasts were gorgeous and Lynetter was very perceptive to my caffeine addiction :-)

Room Tip: I stayed in room 3 which does not have a view of the surrounding countryside but is very quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Spent five days with Trevor and his wife in their inn, they could not have done any better in trying to accommodate my every need. Very attentive and friendly. Mornings are met with a freshly made breakfast, either full Irish breakfast or your choice of eggs, the Irish breakfast gets heavy after a few days. The cleanliness was one of the more impressive items at Ard na Ciuin, clean as any five star Hyatt. Great attention to detail. Also the inn is a new facility and it is noticeable in all details. I did not take advantage of the swimming, I was in the area researching prior ancestors, but the people who were there appeared to be very pleased with the facilities. The inn is a bit set back from town so it is quite secluded and quiet, also the town does not offer much beyond the two pubs, there is a local restaurant, however they are open only from Thursday to Sunday. There are several towns nearby with extensive dinning such as Lismore and others. A great place to spend a few days and enjoy the Irish countryside.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank tsolano
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Spent 5 days in July (incl swimming lessons) at this amazing place. It says to follow the "rainbow signs" to get there & it really is a "pot of gold"! It is far more than just a B&B as Lynette & Trevor have turned this site in Ballyduff into a place where dreams really can come true.... It's picturesque in it's location, the accommodation is 5 star quality, the food is superb with a wide variety of options and the hosts are so welcoming that it makes your stay even more relaxed.
Tracey who gives the swimming lessons is really supportive so it makes learning to swim a really positive experience. She always makes you feel comfortable & confident during the lessons & encourages you to practice everyday during your stay. I found that even to practice once a day in between lessons really helped me to progress. The hot tub in the evening was a wonderful way to relax those tired muscles.
It's also within a short driving distance of Lismore castle, Clonea beach & Dungarvan for example so there's lots to do to relax for a few hours each day.
Overall, I would highly recommend anyone to stay here, both for use as a B&B or for the learn to swim 5 day break. You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Dearg99

Been to Ard Na Ciuin? Share your experiences!