“a warm welcome on the first day of winter”
Review of Rustic Cafe - CLOSED

Rustic Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 2 November 2013

sauntering up the street in Lismore we spotted this little cafe and stepped in and boy are we delighted we did.The two ladies seemed genuinely interested in us. We ordered tea and cakes which arrived quickly on lovely china. Our children loved the chocolate cake.Although the restaurant was busy the atmosphere was very relaxed.We had a lovely conversation with both ladies.Real food, real conversation and no pretentiousnesss can only be created by genuine people.As we left with our children holding free treats we knew we would return to this little gem.The warm glow continued all the way to our home in carlow.

1  Thank maria f

Reviewed 30 September 2013

In September 2013 we took a day trip to Lismore, Waterford. it was my first time there and we went and saw the beautiful Lismore Castle. We also visited St. Carthage's cathedral which was just absolutely wonderful. My husband and I spent ages walking around it and reading the different plaques erected to the memory of various people.
Afterwards we went for a walk around the town. It being Sunday a lot of the shops were closed but I was anxious for something light to eat and a coffee. We saw this little restaurant and went in. I was not expected what we got there. Our coffee was served in the most beautiful old and quaint delph. We also ordered scones and these were brought to us, warm and again the accompanying jam and cream was served in the most beautiful and elegant way. i was blown away to be honest at the quality of the coffee and scones but also the ambiance that seems to have been created in such a little restaurant. I felt i could have been having high tea in an exclusive establishment the experience was so lovely. The two ladies working that day were so friendly and seemed to have a word for everyone who came and went.

I highly recommend this cafe for a light meal and I most definitely will be paying them a visit next time I am in the area.

Noreen Murray
Cork

1  Thank Noreen16
Reviewed 30 August 2013 via mobile

What an absolute treasure of a cafe. Proper service for tea and a sandwich. Ladies on service went the extra mile to satisfy the kids and we will return.

1  Thank Mark R
Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

Popped in for two takeaway coffees.

Service was with a smile and came with a free small slice of cake.

Small things which cost nothing, but things that make a difference.

People running this place understand customer service.

I will go back of course.

1  Thank Paulbpm
Reviewed 22 August 2013

We had a quick bite to eat, 2 toasted sandwiches and 2 cokes, hit the spot. The 2 ladies behind the counter were wonderful hosts. I would return if i'm back in Lismore

1  Thank dougal59