“Lovely location, beautiful house”

Lismore House Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Lismore
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Just stayed here this weekend and thought it was a little gem- right in the middle of the town just a couple of minutes walk away from the castle. Rooms were lovely, staff were friendly and food was good.

Room Tip: We were in room 103 and the view was great
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cardle

Reviewed 16 April 2014

After a lovely few hours in Lismore last Sunday my husband and I and our 2 kids were starving and decided to go to the bar here for something to eat. We got to the bar around 3:30 and found a table although the bar was not all that busy the staff appeared to be under pressure after waiting for 10 minutes we requested a menu from a passing waitress. We were brought 4 menus with their al a carte menu selection and hungry as we were we quickly chose our main courses. We then waited another 10 mins for the waitress to return a different girl came back and I placed my order I was first told that what I had ordered was no longer available I must have an old menu and when I proceeded to order something else she then asked me for the time it was now 4:10 she told me that menu couldn't be served till 4:30 all that was available was soup and sandwiches. We decided to leave as that was not what we wanted and we expressed our unhappiness to the girl at waiting that long to be told that actually they weren't serving dinner she gave a watery apology. Then as we started to pack up a lady who looked like a manager came in to ask the 4 people next to us if they were being looked after as she had noticed them waiting, as she finished at that table I called her to tell her we weren't happy and were leaving she didn't offer any apology just said "oh" and walked away from us. I have never been treated like this in any establishment before and walked away with a very bad taste in my mouth.

• Stayed: April 2014
4  Thank Eim80
Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a party at the weekend. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Our room (113) had obviously been recently refurbished and was very comfortable, with all one would need for a relaxing break. Lismore is a charming town with lots of walks and so forth and also nice pubs. Breakfast was lovely and sevice very good. Will definitely return.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed here in december and we throughly enjoyed our stay!!good food. Nice friendly staff and locals! music every saturday night in the bar! 2 course earlybird for 13 95 monday to friday. You cant go wrong!!

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Great location in the heart of Lismore Full breakfast each morning was fabulous. Felt as if the patio out front was our own personal "front porch" overlooking the town. Room was comfortable Staff were extremely professional and pleasant

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Stayed in the Lismore House October Bank Holiday. Really enjoyed it despite what I have read in the reviews found it to be very friendly and lively at the weekend. When visiting just go with an open mind and take it for what it is a real Irish experience none of your chrome and stainless steel about this place. Good food great creic and friendly locals. We will be back again some time soon.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Great weekend very friendly staff, the food was delicious everything came out hot and all the plates together, no one was left waiting for their plate to come out , I found the whole hotel very clean,

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lismore
The Pilgrims Rest Hotel (ADULTS ONLY)
Cliff House Hotel
Cliff House Hotel
#1 of 2 in Ardmore
Richmond House
Richmond House
#1 of 3 in Cappoquin

Been to Lismore House Hotel? Share your experiences!