“Coffee Blackhole”

Solas na Mara Helbhic Seaweed Baths
Ranked #2 of 2 things to do in Ring
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

I don't know about the baths, but the coffee was grim. We visited lots of really great places in the area but this was the worst place we visited by far. The guy behind the desk serving us had a really bad attitude. When he served us a decaf that I wouldn't serve to my dog, I handed it back only to be told that that's what a decaf is! I know what barista coffee is and this is not it. Our Cappuccino was over-frothed, milk not properly extracted, too hot, etc. Avoid if you're looking for 'barista' coffee...but then again you may want a bath.

2  Thank Kralic
"fell asleep"
in 12 reviews
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Have been here 3 times so far (and plenty more to come) and me and my friends always have the most relaxing, enjoyable experience. It's private, quiet and worth every cent. Gorgeous new premises and I found after the first treatment my shoulder injury got great ease. A wonderful detox too. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

This was a thoroughly enjoyable experience. The premises are new and beautifully decorated with a modern twist. The orange leather sofas in the reception area are eye catching and comfortable but the real star is the sea view from the big window. There is a little cafe in the reception area with gorgeous cakes and biscuits. We didn't try them -although we had planned to - because we weren't hungry after the bath experience.
Most of the rooms have individual baths and steam boxes but there is one double room with two baths. The steam box was wonderful - I really enjoyed sitting bathed in steam with my head out. The baths use hot seawater which is apparently detoxing and when followed by a soak in seaweed, my skin felt really soft. After the soak, I pulled a chain over the bath which drenched me in cold water. Brrrr.
All of us were so relaxed that we could barely walk afterwards and felt a bit sleepy. So don't have lots of activities planned directly after. We were a mixed group of adults and teenagers and all of us would like to go back. A great experience in a gorgeous setting.

2  Thank marinoonan
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Just finished a lovely session in Solas Na Mara. Beautiful new facility at the harbour in Ring. Stunning views overlooking the harbour. Exceptionally friendly staff. Bathing Facilities are very well done and instructions on best use of technique very detailed.
There is also massage facility and aromatherapy which I did not get to sample on this visit.
Highly recommend a trip if you are in the area.

See more reviews
Reviewed 27 August 2013

The thought of immersing myself in a tub of seaweed didn't excite me, but it is a great experience. In fact you have your own room (plus there is one "double" for couples), which has a steam unit then you get into a hot bath with some seaweed in it. A gel is released by the interaction between the hot water and seaweed and it really makes you feel rested and your skin tone is amazing. The only shock you will experience is the cold eater sea water shower to rinse the gel from your body - but I did two "circuits" (steam, seaweed bath and shower), so not a problem. There is also a gym there, which is overlooking the bay, so for a fiver an hour in the gym you get a great view whilst you are giving your body a workout. You are not rushed in the bathroom so you can really chill out. Not far from Dungarvan and well worth the visit for the other scenery as well