Solas na Mara Helbhic Seaweed Baths
Review Highlights
Wonderful experience.would 100% recommend it if you visiting Dungarvan

What a wonderful relaxing experience. I had a seaweed bath here today. I loved every minute of it... read more

Reviewed 26 September 2018
Hannah M
Kildare
via mobile
If you do one thing on your break, go here and try the seaweed baths!

Heavenly! Beautiful scenery, a warm welcome, expert staff, a calm, relaxing atmosphere - an... read more

Reviewed 6 September 2018
ushiko
Findhorn, United Kingdom

All reviews na mara steam box fell asleep skin felt amazing wonderful relaxing experience sores gel
Reviewed 22 May 2017

I recently had a sea weed bath in solas na mara and definitely found it relaxing. I had cycled the green way that day and it definitely helped to relax sore muscles. However there were a few things that could definitely do with improvement. Firstly the room itself where the bath was looked really grubby and could do with freshening up. Secondly there were no changing facilities! You had to get changed in the same room as where the bath was and where the floor was soaked. Following the bath then there were no showering facilities. I was told you shouldn't shower for 20 mins after to get the full benefits of the seaweed which is fair enough. But surely there should be a relaxation room or something where you could wait the 20 mins and then have a shower. I instead had to get out of the bath and try to pull on clothes in a hot room full of steam while balancing on a wet floor. It kind of took away from the relaxing experience to be honest. And then you've to leave with the clothes stuck to you and a dripping wet head. Not ideal! So while the bath itself is lovely, there's a lot more that could be done to make it better.

Date of experience: May 2017
7  Thank Aoife B
Reviewed 15 May 2017

Booked the twin baths, really enjoyed the experience. Set in a lovely location at Helvick Pier. There is a small cafe there also. I would advise to have nothing to do for the rest of the day after the 1 hour Salt Baths as it so relaxing.

Date of experience: May 2017
1  Thank conniehalley
Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

A group of friends took the quick trip from Cork down to Helvick Head to try out the seaweed baths - it was lovely!! You have your own room for privacy, spend time in a steam box first to open your pores and then slide into a bath of heated seawater!! Lovely so far!!! After about 20 mins, you should put your bucket of treated seaweed in too - that's when it started to get weird!!! It's a little disconcerting to have the sensation on your skin, or maybe that was just me as I don't swim in the sea. Once I got used to it though, I really relaxed. The heat got into my bones and I almost fell asleep!!!
There's a lovely cafe on the premises too. Where you can have a cup of tea and watch the fishing boats come and go from this peaceful harbour.
I can't wait to go back!!! Try it, the price is reasonable, the staff there are lovely and my skin feels great even a week later!

Date of experience: April 2017
2  Thank Triee
Reviewed 27 November 2016 via mobile

I love, love, love this place. I come every month for a massage & a seaweed bath and when I leave I start looking forward to my next visit ! Staff are very relaxed & friendly and the place has a very serene air (unlike the Voya seaweed baths where it can feel all very rushed). Finish your visit with a hot beverage & a piece of homemade cake and I guarantee you'll feel ready to face the world again.

Date of experience: November 2016
3  Thank Voyage627397
Reviewed 21 October 2016

Arrived early for my appointment met the staff and had a nice mug of tea in the beautiful peaceful Cafe lovely scenery from the large windows. Time for my appointment met a lovely friendly lady, as peaceful as the Cafe was nothing prepared me for the peacefulness that I became aware of when I went in to the part of the building where the therapies very low sweet music it was like the ripples of the sea so tranquil and relaxing. The part I appreciated most was how accommodating the lady was as I had booked a total different therapy on the phone but I had a rethink about it and she helped to get what was right for me GREAT VALUE FOR MONEY i didn't have to bring anything with me when I was finished my therapy I was given a free bottle of water. It was a short visit for me but I would like to be able to spend more time there. I have no negatives

Date of experience: October 2016