“Beautiful place ”

Solas na Mara Helbhic Seaweed Baths
Ranked #2 of 2 things to do in Ring
Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

Came here with my daughter this morning.
We had massage and hot seawater and seaweed bath. Brigid my therapist was excellent I came out with new shoulders. The bath was so relaxing with a time in the steam box first. I would highly recommend Solas na Mara if you have some spare time for relaxing.

Date of experience: August 2018
"gel"
"cycle"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

Myself and my husband, whose in a wheelchair, were lucky enough to get booked in for the following day for the double bathroom and Hot Sea Water and Seaweed Bath. The room was quite small but had two seaweed baths and one steam tub. There are cold drench showers over the hot baths but my husband's wasn't working not that he was bothered. Despite this we really enjoyed the experience. We found the hot sea water and Seaweed to be wonderfully relaxing. We felt no meed to have a shower after the bath and were told its better not to. You dont smell of seaweed or feel sticky or anything afterwards just very relaxed. We'll definitely be back. Note: I would have had a massage afterwards but they were fully booked so ring in advance if you want to be sure to get in.

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed 7 January 2018

For years a seaweed bath has been on my bucket list. I travelled home to Southeast Ireland in September and had planned to go to Sligo to try the baths there. Then I discovered Solas na Mara only very own doorstep!

I booked in for a bath and massage treatment package. It was worth every penny. The girl who greeted me and gave me my massage ( I apologise for not remembering her name) was very pleasant. The bath was a treat and most relaxing, in fact I just about fell asleep. The gel that came out of the seaweed was soft on the skin. The steam closet was an unexpected extra!

My massage was a dream! I didn't want it to end.

Heed the warning in the title. All you will want to do is lie down and sleep after it!

I just wish this place was on my doorstep right now. I will definitely visit it next time I am home. Thanks you for the wonderful experience and delivering more than I expected!

Date of experience: September 2017
8  Thank Borrosgirl
Cian O, Owner at Solas na Mara Helbhic Seaweed Baths, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2018

We're really glad you found us! And glad our seaweed bath delivered on your expectations!!! Fáilte ar ais when you get the chance!

Reviewed 26 October 2017

Loved this place, beautiful setting , great Seaweed bath and treatment afterwards . Bridget was so helpful to us from the minute we arrived. I will definitely be back for more Seaweed Baths ,thanks to all.

Date of experience: October 2017
3  Thank billyg010
See more reviews
Reviewed 22 May 2017

I recently had a sea weed bath in solas na mara and definitely found it relaxing. I had cycled the green way that day and it definitely helped to relax sore muscles. However there were a few things that could definitely do with improvement. Firstly the room itself where the bath was looked really grubby and could do with freshening up. Secondly there were no changing facilities! You had to get changed in the same room as where the bath was and where the floor was soaked. Following the bath then there were no showering facilities. I was told you shouldn't shower for 20 mins after to get the full benefits of the seaweed which is fair enough. But surely there should be a relaxation room or something where you could wait the 20 mins and then have a shower. I instead had to get out of the bath and try to pull on clothes in a hot room full of steam while balancing on a wet floor. It kind of took away from the relaxing experience to be honest. And then you've to leave with the clothes stuck to you and a dripping wet head. Not ideal! So while the bath itself is lovely, there's a lot more that could be done to make it better.

Date of experience: May 2017