“Change needed”

Ranked #1 of 24 Restaurants in Aylsham
Price range: US$11 - US$38
Cuisines: Pub, Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Grade 2 listed inn in the centre of the market town of Aylsham in Norfolk. Open all day serving coffee, drinks, breakfast, lunches and evening meals. Character beamed bar, restaurant and guest bedrooms.
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Possibly we have been too often, but would like to see the menu change sometime. We find the choice limited, as certain combinations don't work for us and the prices of some other main meals are rather high.

The introduction of 'seasonal specials' could be one remedy...

However, the staff are always most pleasant and the service is good.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

This is my first visit to this restaurant, and I had the pork roast, but the menu was extensive, the meal was just wonderful, and there was plenty, in fact I passed on the dessert, the rooms are quaint and not over lavished, simple table and chairs and a bar area in the other room is well placed, the service was first class, and the young ladies serving were quite stunning, an added bonus if ever there was one.
I shall no doubt re-visit this hotel/restaurant again. If you want a good meal and quaint surroundings, just go!!!!

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Really good ale served here, excellent service and the fish was very, very good (cod). My husband didn't enjoy his lamb as much. I loved the atmosphere in this old coaching inn. They have an excellent deal on rooms too, whereby the 2nd night of the stay is less expensive. We didn't stay on this occasion but the pictures of the rooms looked fabulous.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

A relaxed environment with fairly good service, super food and huge portions. Guaranteed a good meal which will leave you bursting at the seams (I have never had a dessert at The Black Boys simply because the main course is so filling!). Only quibble would be that sometimes it is so busy that it gets really hot and you feel a little squashed in, however we would always overlook this for the quality otherwise.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

So, it was Sunday evening - we were both hungry and it was too late to cook (8 30pm). We booked the Black Boys in Aylsham and quite simply had the best Fish and Chips ever. The service was up to its usual high standards and the food incredible. I never thought I would rave about Fish and Chips never mind write a review! Great stuff Matt and his team.