Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Absecon (Atlantic City) Galloway
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Galloway
“DON'T STAY HERE!”
Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

In town for work and my job scheduled me to stay here for 3 nights, after the first night I had to call my job and force them to change hotels for me. If you don't have a car don't expect to eat, there's nothing in the area unless you want to pay $40 for a taxi. Hotel has no restaurant, no food nothing. It's attached to a highway so you can't even walk anywhere. I was woken up around 5am to a strong smell of someone smoking marijuana on my floor. I went downstairs and asked if I can get my room changed I was told no, he said I would have to purchase another room! I told him about the smell of someone smoking weed and he acted as if I was making it up, the smell of smoke coming through the vents in my room was unbearable, I sat in lobby for 4 hours arguing with this "manager" I finally got my job to change my hotel for rest of the trip, do yourself a favor and DO NOT STAY HERE, it's a dump!

• Stayed August 2013
4 Thank Comp5789
Carlson Hotels C, Corporate Customer Care at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Absecon (Atlantic City) Galloway, responded to this review, 7 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We take pride in our “Yes I Can!” culture and do apologize that you did not receive this level of service. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments, so we can continually improve our services. We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

If you would like to discuss your stay further, please contact Corporate Customer Care at 1-800-967-9182.

Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with some buddies. The whole hotel had a stench. We came to our room and 3 of the lights just plain didn't work. 2 of the 4 bathroom towels and washclothes were used which suggests the bathrooms were not cleaned. Yellow water in the tub and in the sink were also visible. When I went to speak to the host he was talking with two young ladies on the couch in the lobby, completely nonchalant. When I told him of our problems we were told I'm sorry can't do nything about it tonight. Welp! In Needless to say, our stay was bad.

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank Agmottley
RayCountryInn, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Absecon (Atlantic City) Galloway, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I have addressed apologize with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.

We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit we can exceed your expectations. My apologize again for the inconvenience that you shared at our hotel.

Syed Amin
new jersey
Reviewed 16 July 2013

reviewed this property lasT year when we stayed there with daughters dance team and it was fine. this time, not so. i was sharing a room w a friend and she arrived a day before me. she leaves the room to take her daughter to the dance venue, then when she returns, the key wouldnt open door. turns out that the battery in door lock was dead, so they tell her they cant get her in her room until morning! meanwhile, her car keys, medication, and purse are all locked inside. after much yelling and threatening they FINALLY get someone to drill door open and move her to another room close to 2 hours later (after 11 pm). then the manager , sayed (who had originally said he wasnt the manager) says that all he can do is discount her room for the night by 20% (which we still havent recieved) or give her a free night at a later date (like we will be going back). so she calls the corporate office and they tell her it has to be handled by the manager. no help there.
so now we are in another room down the hall, and guess what? not only do the shower jets not turn off, but it seems that there are only 2 temperatures, hot and scalding hot. the girls had to lean their heads in and out of the shower to avoid getting burned. unreal.
AND TO TOP IT OFF,WE FIND OUT THAT THEY CHECK ANOTHER FAMILY INTO THE ROOM WITH THE BROKEN DOOR!! THEY CANT LEAVE THE ROOM UNLESS THEY PROP THE DOOR OPEN OR THEYLL NEVER GET BACK IN!! THATS REALLY SAFE!! UNBELIEVABLE STAY. WILL NEVER RETURN, AND ITS A SHAME BECAUSE THE ENTIRE DANCE TEAM STAYS THERE EVERY YEAR!

Room Tip: avoid this place-- horrible customer service!!!!!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank NewJerseyDancermom
RayCountryInn, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Absecon (Atlantic City) Galloway, responded to this review, 19 July 2013

Syed Amin
Blackwood, New Jersey
Reviewed 9 July 2013

I picked this hotel because my husband and I had stayed here before and had a good experience, plus they have a government rate that couldn't be beat this time around for an overnight stay near AC. Well this trip was not as good an experience: Syed checked us in and everything was fine. We got to our room and found it to be clean but there were no toiletries (thankfully I packed my own as I usually do). We had some time until we had to be at a show in AC so we relaxed a while. Fast forward to after midnight...we returned to the hotel and were settling in to go to sleep but our neighbor had the volume on the TV to set deafening...we called the front desk after a while and soon someone came up to have them lower the volume, which they did. The bed was very comfortable but for me personally the pillows were too soft, so I just used 2. Everything was fine after that until it came time in the morning to use the shower....EPIC FAIL!! You couldn't even use the main shower head, it was a steady drip and the knob for the mutli-heads was stuck, so all of the shower heads were on a drip...had to stand close to the wall to even feel the water...I've had some weak shower pressures in hotels but this was ridiculous! I was looking forward to using that shower since I enjoyed it so much the last time I stayed there. We didn't stay for the free breakfast as we did last time. Upon checking out, Syed was there again and I told him what was wrong with the shower head, and he acted as though he didn't believe me. He tried to tell me you have to push the knob to get it to work, and I told him my husband (who's a big guy) even tried to do it and it wouldn't budge. After this experience I would have to think twice about staying there again. It's a shame, too, because it's in an ideal location, barely 15 minutes from AC, and the rates are unbeatable. Let the buyer beware!

Room Tip: check the shower before settling in...I'm not the only one who had an issue with the multiple sh...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rockgoddess919
Goose Creek, South Carolina
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I visited your hotel for the second time in one month due to a family emergency. For what we paid for the one night ($160), I expected better service. The room itself was clean and bed comfortable, but the negatives far outweighed the positive.

The main shower head of the "multi-shower" heads did not work, so we had to kneel down to wash our hair. The piece of plastic that was supposed to be a diverter for water NOT to go out of the shower onto the floor was clearly loose(which I'm sure housekeeping should have already reported), which caused the water to get all over the floor and soak the bath mat(NOT SAFE)! Then, when we had to leave at 5 a.m. to catch our flight out, we find that the elevator is out of order, so we had to drag our bags down 3 flights of stairs... (there was no sign on the 3rd floor elevator doors to say it was out of order). When I mentioned to the desk clerk that we should receive a discount for the incovenience, he laughed and said "talk to the hotel manager!" As we were walking out the front door, I turned around and saw the front desk clerk laughing at us!!

HOW RUDE!!!!! I will never stay at your hotel again and with all the family members we have in the area, I have made sure they know not to recommend your hotel either!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Caroline R
RayCountryInn, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Absecon (Atlantic City) Galloway, responded to this review, 11 July 2013
Dear Caroline

By the way, our maintenance people check the shower head, multi-water jet & whirlpool Jacuzzi and they found everything working fine. The operation procedure of Jacuzzi is a bit complicated but very interesting to use it.

SYED AMIN
Brookhaven, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Staff not very welcoming. Room was clean, but not in great condition (i.e. cigarette burns in carpet). Shower/bath was cool becaise of the multiple shower heads and jacuzzi bath. Breakfast was inedible, plan on eating elsewhere. Elevators are apparently old and experiencing frequent mechanical problems as when we told the person in the back of the front desk (no one was ever out at the desk) that the elevators weren't working, his response was "again." Not a reply we were expecting! If you are looking for an affordable place to stay while visiting folks in the area or to visit multiple shore points on day trips, this is a place to consider.

Not an easy location to get to when coming from or going to the Southern shore points.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Brampton
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Excellent. Fantastic value for money with breakfast and easy to connect Wi-Fi.
Strange, just like other reviewers, the bed rates as the most comfortable I have ever slept in including my own and the sheets, comforter were so cosy.
Location and savings versus the strip is tremendous. Whitehorse Pike runs right into the strip at 7/8 minutes. 15 minutes from Walmart to pick up supplies for the very handy full size fridge, dishwasher and small stove top. Hotels are all on an off site strip with adequate eateries, pharmacy, gas/liqour cigarettes nearby. For other Garmin users disable the U-turn avoidances to get back to the hotel from the strip - Hint, solid medium all the way up.
Staff could use some personality training. Not welcoming, engaging. Sign here, dot here, hotel policy here, move along, next please? Yes my trip was enjoyable, the weather is nice, wow you took the added interaction of addressing me by name. Goes a long way you know.
Hotel is super clean and over three nights the room cleaning staff did a fantastic job. Kudo's to you. Hallways, massive, well lit and carpet is strangely clean(yes we all complain about dirty, dingy carpet - gross normally)
Jacuzzi tubs are a little dated and underpowered but the body jets were, hmmm ------ fun.
Breakfast was sufficient, eggs, varied either bacon or sausage, waffle maker, small taters. Apple/orange juice, coffee and everything to eat was replenished frequently during the breakfast hours. Please add more tables especially for solo, duo travellers. Little shortage at times during the Canadian, July long weekend and the dining room has the room to add two or three more.
Free cookies and nice selection of local papers in the lobby. Exercise room small but come on like you really wanted to use it. Definitely recommend and would not hesitate to stay again.
One hour to Cape May is an nice day trip for a beach day at their boardwalk. Good crab eating to be had down there although service lacking at H and H seafood.

Room Tip: King only will give you a huge area as the other queen bed is removed and replaced with only a sleep...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Galloway
Country Hearth Inn Atlantic City/Galloway
Clarion Inn & Suites Atlantic City North
Holiday Inn Express Absecon - Atlantic City Area
Garden State Inn
Garden State Inn
#3 of 25 in Absecon
Baymont Inn & Suites Galloway Atlantic City Area
Sheraton Atlantic City Convention Center Hotel

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Absecon (Atlantic City) Galloway? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Absecon (Atlantic City) Galloway

Property: Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Absecon (Atlantic City) Galloway
Address: 100 W White Horse Pike, Galloway, NJ 08205-9435
Region: United States > New Jersey > Jersey Shore > Galloway
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Galloway
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:3 star — Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Absecon (Atlantic City) Galloway 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Absecon (Atlantic City) Galloway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Country Inn & Suites Absecon Hotel Absecon