“Short trip Away!”

Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Galloway
Galloway
“Short trip Away!”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I needed a short distance vacation spot that did not require a lot of driving because of the kids complaining. This location fitted just right. The hotel was very nice and spacious. This is a dreamer's paradise if you like to Golf. Unfortunately neither I nor my husband "Golf". However, my son had a great time in the pool. There really isn't much activities, but the ambience inside and outside the hotel is beautiful. There is a short distance away from Atlantic City, which I went and did some shopping. We also received complemetary microwave and a small refrigerator in the room, which usually cost a small fee. This reduced our expensives because the restaurant and stores in the hotel are very pricey.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Danielle S, Front Office Manager at Dolce Stockton Seaview Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are very happy to hear about your experience and look forward to having you back on a leisure trip.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Overall, the stay was very nice. I'm not agolfer and this is obviously a golfers resort. From a quality standpoint, it's very good. Rooms are clean but average size. There are a lot of amenities such as a pool, spa, fitness room, and of course, the golf packages that they have available.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Danielle S, Front Office Manager at Dolce Stockton Seaview Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Freeville, NY
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Stayed at the hotel as was in town for a wedding. Room was comfortable, with view of pool. Had the breakfast on Saturday morning was great. Everything from eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, cheeses, omelets, waffles and fruit, muffins. Very good. Wait staff was exceptional. Took the time to talk with you. Sunday morning was Fathers Day and the brunch again was excelled. Too many items to mention, couldn't try them all. While walking to the car had 2 offers to for a ride but told them needed to walk, Had a very nice conversation with one gentleman. Wish all employees were as gracious as at this hotel. From the front desk to everyone we met went out of there was to please us. Will definitely go back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank NYBusylady
We are pleased to hear about your experience. Thank you for noticing our efforts in striving for greater quality. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future and very much appreciate your patronage.
Milford, Connecticut
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We wanted to play golf for a couple of days and also wanted to go to Cape May. This resort was mentioned in the Golf Magazine. It was a nice experience. It was charming and stately. Golf course was nice but there were very annoying gnats on the course closest to the water. Rooms and hallways were dated. Pool was terrific.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your kind words and constructive feedback as it helps us grow on a regular basis. We will continue to focus on adding value to your experience through enhancement of our service standards.
Galloway
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We went for a wedding, but the room was much smaller and older than anticipated for the price. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean, but felt a little damp. Great service and the rest of the hotel was lovely, though.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your feedback. With the owner, we are investigating installing proper ventilation in the hotel wings, as well as modulating the existing ventilation systems & new windows.
Worcester, Massachusetts
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This hotel is way too expensive for what you get, first off the pool was swarming with biting gnats and there was thankfully a nice lady sitting next to me who offered big spray because everyone was gettin eaten up by these gnats it was so bad I only spent an hour maybe poolside and avoided it the rest of our trip. #2 I felt like I was at my grandmothers house, the furniture, shower curtain and window curtains are hideous and did not give me the relaxes feel I was paying close to 300$ to stay in a room. #4 no turn down service... I have never been to a hotel except maybe the holiday in which mind you costs maybe 150$ per night that doesn't have turn down. And lastly #4 I was not only overcharged 400$ (thank god I checked my credit card acct) but the price for my room was verified twice one time at check in and once at check out (by a manager!) and when I called regarding the extra 400$ on top of my portion of the room I was told they incorrectly (their error not mine!) informed me of the total room price and that they would reimburse me for the over charge minus the additional 9$ they forgot to charge me. I was dumbfounded and thought I was being prAnked.... 3 weeks later and I still am arguing with them because I still have no refund on my credit card acct. DO NOT STAY AT THIS DISGUSTING UNPROFESSIONALLY RUN HOTEL - soooooo not worth it trust me myself and a friend (who was overcharged 700$- why? How? Who knows absolutely inappropriate) will never ever go back again!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Dansing4652
Danielle S, Front Office Manager at Dolce Stockton Seaview Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
We welcome all constructive criticism, as it helps us to get better.
Hoboken, New Jersey
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Let me begin by saying that I can smell mold in a room a mile away. And, my room had mold in it. It was room 132. I thought that if we put the air conditioning on the smell would dissipate but it did not. We were late for a wedding in the area so there was no time to change the room. It was only for a night so ....

If you are a golf fan, I think you'd be very happy as the grounds are nicely manicured. The pool is clean and spacious. Breakfast was good. You might stay there if you loved golf or had a wedding in the immediate vicinity. Other than that, go for Atlantic City. My daughter's room next door was fine ( a bit musty) but smelled better than mine. It is dog friendly and the staff was helpful. The check in and check out policy is a bit ridiculous though. Check in at 4 and out by 11.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank ldtc2
Danielle S, Front Office Manager at Dolce Stockton Seaview Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Galloway
Harrah's Resort Atlantic City
Golden Nugget
Golden Nugget
#8 of 49 in Atlantic City
The Claridge - a Radisson Hotel

Been to Dolce Stockton Seaview Hotel & Golf Club? Share your experiences!