“Good stay, second time around, but dirtier than the first time”

Dolce Stockton Seaview Hotel & Golf Club
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Galloway
NYC
“Good stay, second time around, but dirtier than the first time”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I would have given this hotel 5 stars had it been cleaner. We stayed here last year and noticed that it wasnt as clean as its supposed to be for a hotel this caliber. I was hoping that they would read the reviews and make the necessary changes,but no. The pool area is even worse than it was last year. Dirty cups and garbage is left at the end of the day. We came to sit by the pool around 4 PM and were disgusted. Also, since last year, hair inside the pool water, disgusting as well.
It's a nice gem outside the AC, because you can sit outside, enjoy the view. The staff is helpful and willing to help. A good addition is the coffee shop and breakfast buffet (however, a little too expensive).
I think that next year we will stay somewhere else just bc it's not clean.

Room Tip: we had 310-a nice view of the golf course and water
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Klorina
Danielle S, Front Desk Superviosr at Dolce Stockton Seaview Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Thank you for your kind words and constructive feedback as it helps us grow on a regular basis. We will continue to focus on adding value to your experience through enhancement of our service standards. I have also shared your comments with our food and beverage manager so that we can take further steps to ensure customer satisfaction is met.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
Galloway
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I'm so glad I discovered this place through the internet. It is beautiful. The staff made me feel welcome and special. Room was nicely decorated and clean and housekeeping did a great job every day. . Both pools were a nice size, enjoyable and clean. Had the breakfast buffet twice in main dining room. The food was delicious and service was warm and friendly. Just a quick drive to Atlantic City and Brigantine Beach where we enjoyed a beautiful beach day. Would DEFINITELY STAY here again. My friends say the same. We are coming back. A shout out to Monique for her efficiency and diligence in making sure we had the best rooms available at our early arrival. And Manuel and Stacy for great service at breakfast. And dear Eric for his wonderful service at poolside.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Danielle S, Front Desk Supervisor at Dolce Stockton Seaview Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
We are pleased to hear about your experience. Thank you for noticing our efforts in striving for greater quality. Thank you for your comments which I have shared with Monique. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future and very much appreciate your patronage.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 24 July 2014

As you read those words in the subject line, it sounds great right.
I can only tell you that I would never eat in that dining room. We came there to play a round of golf, (bring your bug spray for the bay course at least ), which was quite enjoyable even in the heat of the day this week. We did not use the hotel. Back to the subject. We asked to be seated for a quick meal at the morning buffet, in the main dining room. Not sure when the buffet was closing but they were still folks being seated and the staff was clearing the buffet, faster than ever. The table settings left a lot to be desired. The glasses were filthy, so much so that I got my juice, and coffee in a paper cup. Each glass the person brought to me was dirtier than the one before. All you women will love this. The man said our new dishwasher is not working properly!! So that is an excuse to put out dirty table settings?? If that was the only issue, I would say, laziness on the part of the managerial staff. Shame on you, the buffet fruit had mold on some of the blueberries. No fruit for me. But the final straw was the ant on the table. OK, now I know that ants come in from outdoors, but it is likely because underneath many tables there was dropped food items, not cleaned up.
So a word of advise again, forget eating there.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Clearly we were not performing to our usual standards, and for that I sincerely apologize. I have reviewed your feedback in detail with our restaurant manager and we’ve implemented steps to ensure this won’t happen again.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 22 July 2014

As in, Stephen King's "The Shining." Because that's what this hotel felt like to me. Old building, long, creepy hallways. My husband pointing out that it's the resort's centennial did not make me sleep any easier, and OF COURSE some kids/an angry ghost slammed the room's connecting doors in the middle of the night. Twice. To top it off, at dinner I sat under a copy of a 1940s NYE dinner invite for the hotel, and the cover had a picture of death with a scythe! Right happy New Year there.

The outside of the resort is cheerful, though. A wedding was proceeding when we checked in, and lots of golfers came out in the morning. Can't speak to the course but since the LPGA is played there, and the PGA is/was?, I'm sure it's nice. Staff is friendly. Dinner wasn't good, but I wasn't expecting much. The rooms were older, but surprisingly spacious. There was a separate, marbled bathroom and a old-fashioned, wooded vanity/closet area, which I appreciated for getting ready.

The best part of all is we got a last-minute deal so the rate was a steal, especially compared to other ridiculously expensive shore hotels, even if it's a bit of a drive. Also, it was a nice break from AC, where we usually wind up staying.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Countess_Nomad
Thank you for your kind words and constructive feedback as it helps us grow on a regular basis. We will continue to focus on adding value to your experience through enhancement of our service standards. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future and very much appreciate your patronage.
Dublin, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We arrived at the resort and the bell man were there to help with your luggage and the check in was quick and very accommodating because my daughter had recent hip surgery and they put us near the elevator.

The room was clean and it is only 1/2 hour from Ocean City. I would prefer a small refrigerator in the room with coffee. They only offer Starbucks and it isn't my favorite. Dunkin Donuts is only 1/2 mile away. We would definitely go back, very relaxing.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with our staff. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Galloway
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We really like the Seaview property for its location and the history. Very close to Atlantic City and to historic Smithville. The resort is a busy but relaxing and special place to take the family or a special someone!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for sharing your comments and more importantly for being a loyal guest. I am very pleased to hear that you had yet another great stay with us. We very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Howell, New Jersey
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I was putting together a long weekend golf trip in the Atlantic City area when I came across a Groupon deal for Stockton Seaview. This was one of the places we planned on golfing and it couldn't have been any better. The property is great; the staff is very courteous and attentive; and the amenities were awesome. I'm trying to find some dates to bring my wife and a few other couples - can't wait to get back here !

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
We are pleased to hear about your experience. Thank you for noticing our efforts in striving for greater quality. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future and very much appreciate your patronage.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Galloway
Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa
Sheraton Atlantic City Convention Center Hotel
Courtyard Atlantic City
Courtyard Atlantic City
#7 of 50 in Atlantic City

Been to Dolce Stockton Seaview Hotel & Golf Club? Share your experiences!