“Busy week” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Galloway
Galloway
“Busy week”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

The hotel hosted an Aikido event and the facility seemed very busy. The a.m. breakfast buffet was good but several guests were making take away platters from the buffet. Had to wait to replace fruit at buffet. Suggest check when this group will be coming.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Charles M
Danielle S, Supervisor at Dolce Stockton Seaview Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, 31 August 2014
We appreciate your feedback and apologize for not living up to your expectation. We will continue to improve upon our product and service to provide a better experience in the future. We do look forward to seeing your group every year and look forward to your return.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

Old world charm with upscale amenities. Golf resort with beautiful views, great location close to Atlantic City and reasonable price. Outstanding breakfast buffet.
Suggestion...would request 2nd or 3rd floor room at end of hall. Hotel is 100 years old with hallways that creak when guest walking on them.

Room Tip: request 2nd or 3rd floor room at end of hall
2 Thank ken g
Thank you for your valuable feedback. We are thrilled you enjoyed such a wonderful weekend. We are glad you enjoyed our food and hope to see you again in the future.
PA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

A tired looking hotel. There were holes in the ceiling and floor of the hallways with yellow traffic cones to warn of obstacles.
I would not classify it as a resort. Golf courses are poor to mediocre. Poolside service is hindered by system of payment and the food arrives cold.
The food inside the hotel was good and well priced. This was not enough to consider a return visit.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank ticketofly
Danielle S, Front Desk Supervisor at Dolce Stockton Seaview Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Clearly we were not performing to our usual standards, and for that I sincerely apologize. I have reviewed your feedback in detail with our restaurant manager and we’ve implemented steps to ensure this won’t happen again. . The hotel opened in 1914 as a private country club featuring two 18-hole championship golf courses. Throughout the years, we made extraordinary efforts to maintain the charm and detail of this unique and historic resort. It certainly isn’t for everyone, but we are extremely proud of our resort.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

I must have played golf here well over a dozen times in the last 2 years and LOVE the golf course and the GOLF staff. The Hotel had issues that were not at all manageable or taken care of. This is not an exceptionable hotel by all means. This place needs a HOTEL make over in so many ways. 100 years old and it shows. It has a 5 star golf course and 2 star hotel.

I could not get an early check in so I went to pool area to sit and relax and grab a bite to eat, only to find black MOLD growing on all the white chairs as if they have NEVER been Cleaned in YEARS. Dirty Towels all over the place at the pool, music playing over a speaker from a radio station that had more static then music. Could not stay long and decided to hit golf balls instead...my saving grace. GREAT practice facility. After checking in to the room I noticed a musty smell and didn't think anything more about it UNTIL I stepped near the TV to turn it on and my socks became soaking wet. Called the front desk and they sent a maintenance guy who could not figure out where the water came from. I was in Room 311 and He threw a towel over it and said that he would have housekeeping come in an extract the floor....it never happen. No other rooms were available because of a convention or was it that I had the HOTELS.com Special deal and it was now 1 am when I checked back in to my room. Now a day later I have a soar throat which I rarely get....makes you wonder.....

Jerry Ehrlich from the Great City of Philadelphia

Room Tip: No Comment !!!!
1 Thank Jerry E
We are very sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction. Clearly we had a breakdown in communication among our staff, causing interruption in your stay for which we sincerely apologize. I have reviewed your feedback in detail with our team and will ensure that proper procedures and training is in place to avoid such incident in the future. We truly hope to have an opportunity to provide you a better experience during your next visit.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

My husband and I just spent a week at the Seaview. Our first impression was very good. The grounds are beautiful and gardens are well kept. My husband golfs so he was very happy with the clear emphasis on golfing here. As soon as we walked inside it was literally night and day. The lobby and halls were dark and poorly lit. Everything had that smell of an old house whose windows haven't been opened in 20 years.
When we arrived in our room you were hit like a brick wall with the musty smell. You also can't help but notice the peeling plaster and wallpaper, the mold on the sink and tub, and old window and shower curtains. We managed to alleviate the smell by jacking up the AC and opening the windows at the same time. Oh well.
After checkin we walked around the resort. The pool area is pretty nice. There is a big pool and plenty of seating (but an obvious lack of umbrellas-only about 5 for about 100ish chairs). We managed to find almost everything but the spa. we had massages booked, so we wanted to see where it was. Turns out you have to actually drive there-it isn't on the resort property just kind of next door.
After touring the property I decided I didn't want to waste our money eating at the restaurants which I didn't think could possibly be good, so we made reservations elsewhere.
During the week they were building some sot of paved walkway right outside of our window(we were on the first floor). So that noise was super fun, especially since we had to leave the windows open because of the smell. We eventually bought a scented candle.
This hotel might be good for those wanting to golf here, or those wanting to go to AC but not actually stay in a casino. It is about 15 minutes to AC, we went there every night for dinner, we're not gamblers so that worked for us.
Overall I would not stay at this hotel again, if my husband wanted to golf here, I'd stay somewhere else close by.

2 Thank srg106
We are very sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience during your stay with us. Seaview continues to enhance our products and services to ensure a memorable experience for all of our guests. We have reviewed your feedback in detail with our team and will ensure that proper procedures and training is in place to avoid such incident in the future. We truly hope to have an opportunity to provide you a better experience during your next visit.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

great location and golf courses. very good value. rooms could use an update. No dining option on premises, other than small, uninviting grille room. Main Dining room was not open for dinner. What a shame.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We appreciate your feedback. As you’ve noticed, our lobby was renovated recently. This was the first phase of our renovation schedule. Our plan is to complete additional phases of renovation each year in the winter months. The renovations should address all of the issues you’ve pointed out. We’d love to see you in the spring.
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Arrived here on a Friday afternoon with my husband as we were attending a wedding down the road. To sum up...first impression of the grounds and exterior was lovely. Unfortunately, the interior was dimly lit, decor was overly formal for a seaside resort (in my opinion), outdated, and run down. The service was almost non existent, just a few smiles would have gone a long way. And the food sub par.

Now for the longhand version...
We walk inside leaving the beautiful sunny summer day behind to find a dark lobby, which in my opinion is overly formal given the "seaside" location. The front desk is at the very back of this large lobby behind a dividing wall with a chaotic group of representatives working behind it. Check in was quick. We then proceed to the "grille" for lunch and ask if there is a place to eat outside, she says no, so we sit down in the dark (again) restaurant which again has a decor more fitting for a wine cellar than a seaside resort, the floor and walls are exposed brick making the small restaurant very loud. After sitting for a few minutes we have to get out of there so we ask for our food to go, so we might take it out to the terrace to eat in the sun. A full 25 minutes later we have our food and head outside. After lunch I head to the pool only to discover that we could have ordered lunch outside at the pool, not sure why the hostess at the grille didn't mention this as I was clearly dressed for the pool. At the pool I spend time with fellow wedding guests and discover I should have received a welcome bag with shuttle instructions upon check in. When I get back to the room I call the front desk to ask about that and am told to come down and get it anytime. I'm sorry but in any level of hotel if you forgot to give me something I needed at check in I would expect it hand delivered to my room upon realizing the mistake, so I request it be brought to me as I am busy getting dressed for the wedding that night, Jamie agrees but tells me it will probably be awhile because the bellhop stand is very busy right now (way to make me feel special Jamie). As I am preparing for the wedding the hair dryer continually cuts out on me, after much back and forth with Jamie and maintenance (totaling about 45 minutes) I receive a new hair dryer. Important to point out that I have not seen an 'old school', weak, attached-to-the-wall hair dryer in a "nice" hotel in many years, this one was borderline vintage. As most women know you allot a specific amount of time for getting ready for an event and 45 minutes waiting for a blow dryer (while your hair is awkwardly air drying) doesn't usually get factored in. Much like the welcome bag incident I am not met with any apologies for my trouble, nor am I met with much urgency to fix the problems. While waiting for my blow dryer I have a lot of time to inspect the room, noticing the multiple cracks on the ceiling, poor paint and plaster jobs, and a terribly outdated bathroom complete with moldy shower curtain liner. The next morning we arrive for the breakfast buffet in the main dining room and are told they won't be able to seat us for 20 minutes even though approximately 40% of the tables are free. Once seated we discover dirty dishes and a stained/tattered table cloth. The waiter came to fill our water glasses and didn't even ask if we wanted coffee, we had to prompt him for it. The food at the buffet was awful, undercooked scrambled eggs, burnt bacon, and the worst assortment of cereal I have ever seen. Not a single "real" cereal was offered, just sugar coated crap, I mean just a box of plain cheerios or raisin bran would have sufficed. We spent a couple minutes downing the few edible bits of breakfast and then got the heck out of there. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone, nor would I come back myself.

One last complaint...important to note, the Red Door Salon and Spa that they tout on their website is not actually in the resort it's a part of the resort next door, so you have to actually leave the grounds either on foot or in a car to get there. A bit misleading as this is not mentioned anywhere on the website.

Room Tip: Don't go!
1 Thank Zeieniac
We appreciate your feedback. Our plan is to complete additional phases of renovation each year in the off season months. With the owner, we are investigating installing proper ventilation in the hotel wings, as well as modulating the existing ventilation systems.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Galloway
Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa
The Water Club by Borgata
#2 of 50 in Atlantic City
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,049 reviews
Sheraton Atlantic City Convention Center Hotel

Been to Dolce Stockton Seaview Hotel & Golf Club? Share your experiences!