“Worst night sleep ever, fine other than that”

Dolce Stockton Seaview Hotel & Golf Club
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Galloway
Reviewed 8 June 2010

We stayed here on busy Memorial Day weekend. The staff was friendly and the room fine. The bed is comfy and I liked the water pressure of the shower (even though the bathroom look was not 4* material).

However, the walls are beyond paper thin. We could hear conversations from the next room over, and they weren't yelling. Fast-forward to the middle of the night and the snoring couldn't have been any louder if it came from my own room. Also, the doors to the resort are very heavy, so anytime a guest on our hallway entered or left their room, there was a loud noise and shaking of the room.

When they say "historical", they mean old. I don't know why the place is called the Seaview, I never saw the ocean from the resort.

Sadly, the nicer points of the hotel are lost on me since I had such a horrible night's sleep, and again the bed was comfy but the noise intolerable. It wasn't due to rowdy guests so much as hotel design flaws.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
VKhokhar, Manager at Dolce Stockton Seaview Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2010

Thank you for your feedback. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed the bedding in your guestroom and sincerely regret that some of your experience was less than desirable. Seaview Resort was built in 1914 as a private country club. Over years, we have done many upgrades to the property that have allowed us to maintain its historic beauty while still provide an ambience which, is warm, refined and traditional. We are blessed to be a significant landmark in this community showcasing this 96 year old gem for our guests to experience. Your feedback allows us to continually improve upon our products and services. I hope to welcome you back in the near future to share rich and fascinating history of this property.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,699)

Reviewed 7 June 2010

My wife went here a 1 night getaway and had a nice time. The place was beautiful and we booked appointments at the Red Door Spa, which is on the campus. Seaview staff were friendly and the hotel was clean. I dont understand some of the bad reviews for this place...my only complaint was the Grille Room - service was slow and the food wasnt worth the price. Next time we will just drive to AC to eat. For breakfast, make sure you go to Sheas Cafe - its 2 miles away and it rocks!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
VKhokhar, Manager at Dolce Stockton Seaview Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2010

Thank you for your kind words and constructive feedback as it helps us grow on regular basis. We will continue to focus on adding value to your experience through enhancement of our service standards.

Reviewed 7 June 2010

While visiting the Villas timeshare property next door, we celebrated my mom's 75th birthday during the award winning Sunday Brunch. We were extremely pleased with the service, the food and the ambiance! We started with a champagne toast and ended with a lovely and delicious birthday cake. Everyone got what they liked and there was a lot of happy faces. We took the cake home which they cut into portions due to an unbelievable dessert assortment. Oh, and we had a toddler in a high chair as well which was no problem to the staff. I would highly recommend this brunch to anyone!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family

We are honored to have been part of this very special occasion. Happy 75th birthday to your mother and thank you for giving us the opportunity to create a memorable experience for your family. We hope to see you in the near future. I would also like to recommend joining us for our popular “Seafood Buffet”, which is currently offered every Friday from 6PM – 10PM. Thank you for sharing your feedback.

Reviewed 7 June 2010

I book this hotel through a booking site where I didn't know much information up front. When we arrive we were pleasantly suprised at how beautiful the place was. We went for the AC proximity but could have easily just made a family vacation right there. The amenities were great especially the indoor/outdoor pools and game room. The beds were so comfortable we had to ask the front desk information about them upon check out. We can't wait to go back as we didn't get a chance to sample the cuisine but the bar and bartenders were awesome and the drinks were generous and not watered down.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with our staff. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 3 June 2010

We stayed for a Wedding and booked well in advance for early check in and a King Size bed. Not only was our room not ready, we could only get a room with 2 double beds unless we wanted to wait an hour. We could not wait as the wedding was in 45 minutes! Overall, I would not visit again.

2  Thank lkiwit
Reviewed 3 June 2010

This hotel was great, you can tell that at one time it was a Marriot hotel because the bedding is so comfortable. My best friend had her wedding here and everything was perfect, amazing food, great drinks. The bar tenders were very nice. The only problem I had was with The Grille, the service there was terrible. Other then that, this hotel was great.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We will continue to focus on enhancing our standards to improve service efficiency in all areas. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 3 June 2010

Very nice hotel. Staff was incredibly friendly. So nice to my kids. A very family-friendly place at a reasonable price.

Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Galloway
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Absecon (Atlantic City) Galloway
Holiday Inn Express Absecon - Atlantic City Area
The Water Club by Borgata
The Water Club by Borgata
#4 of 49 in Atlantic City

Been to Dolce Stockton Seaview Hotel & Golf Club? Share your experiences!