Country Hearth Inn Atlantic City/Galloway
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Galloway
Landover
“Getaway”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I found the hotel on-line read all the reviews and look at the pictures. We got there very late the agent at the desk was very nice helpful. Got to the room is was just like the pictures, the only think I did not like they did not have hotel hangers people left hangers that they have brought from home and they had wired hangers that look was not nice at all, also the room did need a little update to it. The Jacuzzi was nice and relaxing. I would stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
ACCountryHearthInn, Manager at Country Hearth Inn Atlantic City/Galloway, responded to this review, 31 January 2015
Thank You For Stay At Country Hearth Inn And Review. Please let me know, how can we do more better and comfortable stay for your next visit. Sorry for any inconvenience. Again We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. As always, we appreciate your business.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Morgantown, West Virginia
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Good price, clean sheets, quiet location and attentive management. This is the second time that I stayed at this motel and both times the management has been extremely considerate and accommodating. Usually when I visit the area, I don't need more than a clean, comfortable bed and a hot shower. On my second visit, I had time for a side day trip and the management's recommendations suited my needs nicely.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 15 October 2013

The price is right, clean rooms and close to Atlantic City. Nick at the front desk is good people, making sure our comfort and room stay was a pleasant experience. It was. We arrived late, but it was no problem checking in. If you don't want to spend the high price on the boardwalk, this is a good alternative. This hotel will suit most people's needs and what you need is within driving distance. Nothing fancy, just a good place to lay your head.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Vancouver
Reviewed 9 October 2013

The motel is conveniently close to A.C. Clean room, seems odd to put the wash basin/vanity outside of the bathroom. Vanity top was marble but uses cheap bedding and few pillows that appear to be purchased from Walmart. The place appears to either be new or newly renovated, but poor workmanship....wall paper peeling. Spacious room, unused space could have been filled with a sofa or larger table (3' x 5') instead of a round two foot diameter table. Basic continental breakfast consisting of waffle, toast, muffin and cereal with coffee and orange drink.(maybe it was watered down juice but it tasted closer to Tang).

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We stayed here over Labor Day weekend for a concert in Atlantic City, overall the hotel suited out needs . It was clean and a nice place. I will say they seemed like they needed some extra help. Several times no one was at the front desk to assist people. The jetted tub was broken and I didn't bother waiting to tell them about it as no one was at the front desk. The breakfast was good. Waffles, eggs, sausage, home fries, cereal, bagels, and toast. I would look at some other locations before booking here again, but this is a safe bet for a clean place to stay.

• Stayed August 2013
Norwich, CT
Reviewed 13 August 2013

My wife and children (6 y/o and 18 m/o) stayed here for four nights in August 2013. We probably would try somewhere else if we returned to the area.

Checking in was a hassle as our room wasn't ready at the posted 2 PM check-in time. He checked us in, but when we arrived at the room the door was wide open and it hadn't been cleaned yet. He then changed our room, but when we arrived at it we found a dresser drawer front to be broken and dangerous to our 18 month old. He switched us back to the original room and said it would be ready in about an hour. We left and it was ready when we returned later that evening.

The room was very clean except for the top edge of the shower surround. That area was very moldy/mildewy and the wall paper was peeling. The sink faucet leaked badly, but I didn't mention this to the staff until checking out. He thanked me for bringing it to his attention and stated that it would be fixed that day.

The breakfast was poor. Stale Fruit Loops and Raisin Bran, toast, prepackaged muffins, poor coffee, and watered down juice. They did liberally dispense 20% off coupons to the Denny's that is down the road, which was great!

The hotel staff was very friendly. Nick, who I think was the owner, was very pleasant. They were so nice that I feel a bit apprehensive about the review I am writing, but i must write an honest review.

Overall, I've stayed at worse, but would look for something better in the future.

Room Tip: The rooms that run parallel with the street are larger. We had no room for a pack n play in the sma...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Don't be deceived by the adbertisement "Grand Opening"; stayed there last weekend...would not recommend this to my worst enemy. The bed was broken, they could not accoomodate me with an additional bed fo my grandson, the air conditioning unit would not stay at a regular temp, causing me to wake up repeatedly though the night to adjust, the rooms were not cleaned properly, the refrigerator was broken, the coffee mugs were chipped and broken, the laundry facilities were rusty and dented and limited to 1 washer and 1 dryer( careful with the floor, the rug was torn and broken causing me to trip). The place looked like it was thrown together with recycled equipment and furnishings. We were never offered the 20% discoount for any meals from Denny's. Will never stay there again!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Galloway
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Absecon (Atlantic City) Galloway
Holiday Inn Express Absecon - Atlantic City Area
Atrium Inn
Atrium Inn
#7 of 18 in Galloway

Been to Country Hearth Inn Atlantic City/Galloway? Share your experiences!