“Fraud committed by management”
Review of Liberty Inn

Liberty Inn
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Galloway
Reviewed 9 January 2012

We stayed at this motel this past Christmas week for 3 days. We also used the good reviews from other web sites as our basis. DO NOT BELIEVE THE REVIEWS. We booked thru Hotels.com and after we returned, the hotel used my name to post it's own review. I have contacted Hotels.com and Expedia (owner of Hotels.com) about this and one of their attorneys is working against this hotel right now.
The hotel is a dump. it took over 2 hours for the room to heat up from heaters that do not work properly. There was not even a blanket on the bed and the comforter had holes in it. If by some chance you would want to stay here be warned, that you need to bring your own towels, and pillows. The non smoking rooms stank from smoke and even had ashtrays on the tables.
Worst of all, on two of the days we were there, they came into our room without asking us, without telling us, just because they felt it was OK. We were told there would be no maid service because of the holiday wek, so we left out many things we normally wouldn't, and they came into the room while we were out to change the curtains.
Look, we did not pay a lot for this room, and we are far from fussy about many things, and we have stayed at several of the hotels on this strip, but this place committed fraud by using peoples names falsely, posting good ratings, when most people probably leave in disgust. If it wasn't Christmas week and most of the other hotels were booked, we would have left also.
Final word, never stay in this place. EVER. All reviews are false.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 August 2011

Nothing special. Decent price. Large room next to owner/manager's room. He requested that I keep the sound down on the tv late night as he and someone else would be sleeping. Old empty vending machine being stored in corner of my room. Bathroom not the cleanest, paper shower mat disintegrated when wet feet stepped on it. No coffee or continental breakfast. You get what you pay for...

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 17 August 2011

I booked this room because it had decent reviews on expedia and another hotel site. I swear they had friends of management write them because this place was a DUMP. Very disgusting, smelled horrible, wallpaper falling off the walls with glue slathered on the outside of it trying to hold it up, bathroom was gross, wouldn't shower there if I had to. We immediately asked for refund and they REFUSED. So I called hotwire and got a refund through them and booked a neighboring hotel. It was only 40 a night but I wouldn't stay there for free. Awful smelling room, rude staff, disgusting conditions. DON'T STAY HERE!!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 May 2011

I read all the bad reviews and decided to see for myself. No, the rich and famous would not stay here. Neither would the travelers of the world that expect to be treated like the rich and famous.
I read complaints about the towel, toiletries, etc. I always take my own soap and shampoo as well as toothbrush and towel.
The hotel is quaint and friendly. The rooms were large enough and had a refrigerator and microwave which most of the big hotels charge you extra for.
The bed was not new but very comfortable.
New is not always the best. The owners and other staff were friendly and helpful. It was quiet, peaceful and felt safe.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone that wants to save money, have easy access to the casinos and boardwalk and within walking distance to good food.
Enjoy.

Room Tip: Just let management know your needs and wants.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank tomtom05
Reviewed 28 May 2010

I decided to book an overnight trip to Atlantic City over this Memorial Day weekend. After searching for a motel with reasonable rates, I found the Liberty Inn in Galloway, NJ. I called and was quoted $89.00 for Saturday night. I called back a half hour later to book the room at the $89.00 rate. The clerk told me that the room was now $119.00 including tax. I asked why the rate would go up in 30 min and he said that it was supply and demand. I decided to book the room anyway. He took my credit card information to hold the room. I also asked him as I always do what the cancelation policy was just in case I could not make it. He told me I could cancel up to the night before. Unfortunately, I had to cancel, so I called early in the afternoon the day before the booked date. The clerk took my name and proceeded to tell me that the room was never reserved. I said, "how could that be?" "I called the night before and the hotel clerk took all of my credit card information to hold the room!" I also said, " You mean to tell me that if I had not called and I came to check in you would have told me that the room was never reserved?" He very emphatically said "Yes!" He then asked me if I wanted the room or not. I said no and then he hung up on me. Unfortunately, I had to cancel which is why I called the hotel back. If things had worked out differently I would have traveled down to Atlantic City under the assumption that I had a reservation only to be told I didn't have one! I don't think that I have ever experienced such a poorly run business. The lesson learned is to make sure you always confirm hotel reservations especially if its not a known name hotel and I guess the old saying, "You get what you pay for" also holds true in this circumstance.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mare102
Reviewed 29 March 2010

This hotel is the center of cheapness and stuck in the 1970s. I traveled here with a group of friends and stayed one night. Both rooms reeked of smoke as this hotel does not offer non-smoking rooms. The walls and door to the room were dirty, covered in grime and fingerprints. Second, the lights were covered in dust and spider webs and had what appered to be black mold growing inside of the cover. The front door to the room we had did not close correctly, leaving a crack wide enough for a 1/4 inch of light to come in the room. This combined with the paper thin walls led to a night of little sleep as we could hear every word the guests in the room next to us were saying. The furniture was falling apart and should have been trashed a decade ago. The drawers on the end table were duck taped shut to stop them from falling off. In the bathroom they only gave two towels (in a double room), and a tiny piece of soap. I was shocked to learn that they do not give you shampoo in the rooms, but will sell it to you a sample sized bottle for two dollars. Don't be fooled by the recently renovated exterior of the building, everything on the inside is at leat 30 years old and poorly maintained

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank sixflags2001
Reviewed 10 July 2008

This was a Hotel from Hell! It is not what the Web Site Makes it out to be! Room is Falling apart!! Really small!! SMELLS LIKE SMOKE, You don't get the room you asked for!! And the Bathrooms are like a small closet. DIRTY DIRTY DIRTY!!!! Don't Stay here it is not WORTH the money you pay!! The Jacuzzi is about 2 feet from the bed.....UNBELIEVABLE!!!!! Staff Did not help at all! LEFT my room, didnt even stay the 2 days I resvered!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Galloway
Country Hearth Inn Atlantic City/Galloway
Crystal Inn & Suites
Crystal Inn & Suites
#10 of 17 in Galloway
Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlantic City

Been to Liberty Inn? Share your experiences!