“Stay away!”

Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Galloway
Upland, Ca
“Stay away!”
Reviewed 16 August 2012

First off, we booked this hotel off booking.com, the total for a one night king jacuzzi came out to $55, when et got there they charged us $65 because they claim it's a casino location so tax is 15%. We walked into the room right after check In And immediately got blasted with a sting scent of urine mixed with cigarette smoke. The room was so filthy, the caulking around the hot ton was all moldy and hardly even there. The shower head had orange mold around it where the water comes out, the air conditioning was not working, so I had to take the filters out myself and scrub them because they were so black and built up with dust, the bed had crumbs in it from whomever was there before us, the "towels" were so thin and stained all over, pillows were paper thin, showers had no hot water. An hour before checkout the management called our hotel room asking if we intended on staying another night because it was "getting close to checkout." when we tried speaking with the manager once we checked out that we werent happy, he commented saying "we give you ten minutes after Checkin for you to decide whether you want to stay there or not" uh how were we supposed to know this? They somehow knew when we used the jacuzzi? That's the weirdest part. We used it and then went to the beach, someone else posted saying they went into their room without permission, I'm thinking the same thing happened to us. STAY AWAY from this place! Not worth $65 a night!

• Stayed August 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Ephrata, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 13 August 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed here on the weekend, and it was terrific. The manager was extremely nice and the rooms, even a bit outdated, were very large and clean. It is about maybe 10 to 15 minutes from Atlantic city and there are tons of shops, grocery stores, and anything you may need within walking distance from the hotel. We are going back in October and wouldn't want to stay anywhere else. It is also extremely quiet and peaceful even on a highway. We love this place! I'm not sure what happened to the people who are complaining about it; it is inexpensive as hell, clean and the staff are great!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Norcross, Georgia
Reviewed 17 July 2012

This place is right off the garden city parkway which is great!
The price was 39.99 ( including tax ) not bad...but Wha'ch expect.
Old, terribly outdated..we had a handicapped room, which we very large, but they were
storing a small vending machine in the room? Refrig didn't work to well..
the bed, not comfy at all for the few hours I was there. But, at least felt like a teen on a date at a cheap hotel.
When trying to check out at 7am the clerk was a sleep in the back somewhere, she did get up to answer the doorbell...oops sorry to have waken you...

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2012

I stay here all the time with my girlfriend,check in is quick and rooms are not bad for the low price.

• Stayed June 2012
Reviewed 12 June 2012

The Front desk girl was very proffesional and nice the rooms was spacious and comfortable. I stayed here bymyself and it was relaxing and peaceful just how I wanted it to be

• Stayed May 2012
New York
Reviewed 26 April 2012

What makes me to stay, in this hotel is the friendlyness of the management. I have been staying in this hotel when ever I go to Atlantic City, and price is very reasonable, Mr.Anthony goes some extra miles in providing the services, even during busy times he used to get us room with out reservations.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
clifton
Reviewed 25 March 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel... I should say motel on March 24th for an overnight stay only. Our main reason is to just have a bed to sleep in for a few hours. We did not want to take a two-hour drive home from AC so we booked this stay last minute.
We arrived at 6 pm and was greeted pleasantly by the man behind the desk. The check in was super fast. The motel office was nothing to write home about. There is a table for coffee and hot water. I am assuming that they offer free coffee in the morning. This is one of my first assumptions. He handed us our key and a card and said that it was a discount card for $5 towards our next stay at their place and it has no expiration. He also indicated that if we write a review about the hotel that there will be an additional $5 discount on our way. Read on and see if we are going to take advantage of this offer

Our room was on the first floor, near the front of the property. The room cost us about $80 from kayak.com The room looked clean at first but you notice little things later. You also get hit with the strong smell of smoke even though we asked for a non-smoking room.
The king sized bed was ok, The sheets looked clean and pressed. There were two king sized pillow that were poofed up. Once you put your head on it, it thins out to almost nothing. There is a huge wall mirror that doubles as your head board. Functional probably for some other folks.
There was only one thin sheet and the bed cover. I had to use the comforter I had brought along with me to get a little bit warm. I did not want to turn on the air conditioner/heater unit because I honestly don't feel confident that the air filters are clean. But that's just my speculation.
There's a flat screen TV that has two remotes: one for the channel and one for the volume. I only watched basic cable channels so I do not know if they have HBO or other movie channels. There's also a vending machine inside the room. Yes a vending machine but it's empty. The lights are fluorescent and may not be bright enough for applying make-up. There are two chairs and a round table inside the room, handy when you need to write a tripadvisor report on your lap top.
The entire bathroom is as wide as the room. It looked like a handicap bathroom but the door does not look like it can accommodate a wide wheelchair. Again that's me speculating. There is a sink but no countertops. There is a small shelf that was built into the wall beside the sink for your accoutrements. They provided a small plastic cup and a small soap. I did not take a shower because their towels looked thread bare and yellowish. So I cannot comment on the tub.
We got back to the room close to midnight and most of our neighbors are asleep. The only sound you can hear is the traffic from the outside and the occasional footsteps of our upstairs neighbor. I could not sleep because the bright lights from the hallway could not be totally blacked out by the blinds on the window. It was quite bright inside the room that I did not have to turn on the room light to get to the bathroom. When I finally was able to get some ZZZZs I was awoken by a loud noise from the upstairs unit. It sounded like they had pulled the drain from the tub. I was waiting for water to drip down the ceiling, when none came I went back to trying to get sleep. Morning came and finally it was the sun that shined into our room not the hallway light. I finally gave up trying to sleep because it was already 730am.

I rated this motel poor because for $80 on a Saturday night and just 15 minutes from AC, I had expected to at least have a decent pillow and the ability to have a dark room to sleep which I did not get. Also, because of the strong smell of smoke inside the room.
Service: average. The man was pleasant and gave us a discount card
Value: average: other area hotels on saturday night had a slightly higher rate ($10 higher)
The vending machine outside our room has soda only not water and it cost $1 in coins. It did not accept a dollar bill.
sleep quality: terrible The room was too bright at night, strong smell of smoke and pillow was too thin.
Cleanliness: Yellowish towels, dust on the chairs
Location: average: 15 minutes away from AC but you have to pay toll to get to AC
rooms: Poor: strong smell of smoke

Room Tip: may be more beneficial to get the second floor room furthest from traffic.