The Next Paradise Boutique Resort offers a “beach paradise” type of vacation off of the Eastern coast of Zanzibar. The taxi ride from the Zanzibar airport takes approximately one hour. The resort is a private walled-off property on the beach in a small village. To the South, there are more resorts along the beach. There is a small central building area with reception, bar, and dining room. This building is fashioned as a large hut and adds to the island atmosphere. There is also a swimming pool and hot tub off of this main area, but it was closed for repairs while we were there. There are a number of rooms around this central swimming pool, some looking out over the beach. We elected to stay in a Beachfront Bungalow, which is on the South end of the property and offers some more privacy. There are four bungalows situated around a second swimming pool with great views of the ocean. Choosing one of these rooms truly gives you a paradise-like atmosphere. We spent our time lounging around the pool having drinks and food brought out to us as well as walking along the beach. Our room was very clean and positioned right in front of the pool with a great view of the ocean. Luckily, air conditioning is provided and kept us very comfortable during our stay. There is also free wifi with good speed.
The staff is very friendly and speaks good English, making for easy communication. As we got to know them throughout our stay, they even taught us some Swahili. They were very helpful in booking excursions and transportation around the island. They also provide great flexibility with meals if you want to eat breakfast late or have dinner delivered to your room. A buffet as well as “hot” options off of a menu are provided for breakfast and mimosas are even included with the buffet! We suggest starting your morning off with one of these. The egg dishes were okay, but we loved the French toast. There are al a carte options at cost off of a menu for lunch, but usually we only had a small snack, as breakfast was quite filling. Dinner is also included and the menu is made up of mainly seafood options. All of the dinner courses were “good,” but only a few of them were “great,” leaving me wishing for a second helping. If something is not to your liking, they will graciously fix you something else in its place. Their bar offers a number of cocktails, but many of these are not quite up to the standards for a bar in the USA. This seems to be a common problem in Tanzania/Zanzibar, so I won’t hold it against them. I would stick to Mohitos and Margaritas.
Our stay was truly a paradise-like experience and we will consider staying here again when we return to Zanzibar. The discounted rate during “low season” makes this hotel a no brainer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Next Paradise Boutique Resort sits on one of the most beautiful white sandy beaches of Zanzibar, facing directly the Indian Ocean and protected by the coral reef which is about one kilometer away.located only 45 minutes drive from Stone Town and 30 minutes from Nungwi and Kendwua, (the beaches of north) it is perfect place to organize excursions, spice tours, swim with dolphins, big game fishing, kite surfing , diving and snorkeling to Mnemba atoll. The charming small hotel is well known because of its sober elegance, the excellent food and especially for its intimate and quiet atmosphere. At Next Paradise you will find 16 fully furnished rooms all provided with air conditioning and sea view private verandahs. Our staff is always happy to offer individual attention to every single guest of the hotel. Whether you're looking to book your honeymoon or need inspiration for a romantic getaway, we have special offers for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Next Paradise Boutique Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Next Paradise Boutique Hotel Pwani Mchangani
- Next Paradise Boutique Resort Zanzibar Island/Pwani Mchangani