The hotel was absolutely perfect, there is not one thing I would change. The room was lovely, a very good size when we arrived the had flowers everywhere and a fresh bowl of fruit (which is so much tastier than fruit I've had in England). The sea view was lovely and sitting on the balcony on a evening was just so relaxing. The minibar was always well stocked and they kept topping up the free toletries. The bathroom was a good size and the shower was lovely, especially after a hard day swimming and lying in the sun to get all the clorene, salt and sand off you. The airconditioning kept the room at a prefect temperaturem and the staff were excellent with changing linen and towels, closing curtains and the mosquito nets.
The pools were great, not brilliant if you want to do some real swimmimng but good for splashing around or going over to the pool bar for a refreshing bottle of Kilamanjaro. The hotel beach was fantastic and they are plenty of loungers and parasols to stay out of the sun. Some people have complained about the 'beach boys' but I found them friendly enough and if you tell them you don't want anything they will leave you alone. The sea sports centre was good, we only used a kayak (which is included in the stay) it was really good quality and the lads carried it down to the sea for us. There are other activities available, some of which come with a small charge, but we did not try them.
The food was excellent, the was always a good range of foods and lunch and dinner were different every day, breakfast was more or less the same every day but there still was a good selection of hot food, cold meats and salads, cereals etc. If you aren't that hungry you can have a snack at lunch time in the bar, burger, soup, stew etc. If you are peckage throughout they day they have sandwiches, cakes and waffles as well. All three of the bars are excellent, all with a good range of drinks (soft drinks, cocktails, wine, beer, spirits) you have to pay for branded spirits but who wants them when you have all the local drinks! All of the staff were great from the waiters, to the ground staff, the the kids club, bar staff, literally everyone was great already with a Jambo! and a smile.
The only member of staff we weren't happy with was the lady who organised the excursions, she was so unhelpful it just seemed a little odd. We wanted an outing to go snorkeling but the trip we wanted to do you had to pay in cash, we didn't have any cash as it is an all inclusive hotel and she just looked at us like we were from another planet. After we found out we couldn't do this we tried to find out what to do but she just pointed at a list of excursions but didn't offer us any advice. After a painful long silence my wife and I decided to to do a trip to stone town and prison island. The guide was great and sorted out lunch and a trip to the spice farm on the way home for a lot better price than the office at the hotel. I'd advice not to bother with the hotel excursion desk and book direct with a tour company or just one of the beach boys.
I don't like to finish the review on that bad note as we had such an amazing time, one of the best things about the hotel is that there are virtually no British people there. I hate going away and being stuck with a load of British people it's like being at home, all the Germans, Belgians, French, Dutch and South Africans were great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Friendly and spacious, Neptune Pwani Beach Resort & Spa is an ideal choice for guests in search of a retreat that offers the "special touch", matched with attention to the finest of details. The Resort has been meticulously created, emulating traditional Zanzibar style, using the best in local design, interiors and furnishing, meeting top international standards. The Resort features 150 rooms all with terrace and ocean view, situated in 2 level blocks and 4 individual beachfront suites with in-room Jacuzzi. Facilities include 3 restaurants, 2 bars, the Rain & Earth Spa, the Spherique Boutique, conference room and facilities and a water sports centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Jovago.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick and Cancelon so you can book your Neptune Pwani Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandies Neptune Pwani Beach Hotel Pwani Mchangani
- Neptune Pwani Beach Kiwengwa
- Neptune Pwani Beach Hotel Kiwengwa
- Neptune Pwani Beach Resort & Spa Zanzibar Island/Pwani Mchangani