My boyrfriend and I stayed at Neptune Pwani in September. It was an awesome hotel and staff was very friendly. The weather was fantastic and sunny for our entire stay. the buffet was the best yet! A wide selection of food and drinks. You also get one free "Al a Carte" night in the Pizzeria upstairs, it is most certianly something you must do. The pools are stunning asnd the beaches amazing. The beach boys are annoying but just be firm and friendly and they will leave you alone.
the only problems we incountered was with the money - The locals did not want to accept any dollars that were not issued after 2006. Also they do not like to accept their own currency - The Shilling - So rather be prepared and take dollars with you. If you need to draw more money you have to go into town which is 45 min away and they want to charge you 100dollars just to go into town to draw money - so I would rather suggest you pay for a stone town tour if you are in that predicament.
The tour i really suggest you take is the Safari Blue toue! it is an all day tour and was spectaclar! Ask for Juma at the hotel.. He was by far cheaper than any other tour guide.
All in all its was an amazing holiday and would go back anyday!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Friendly and spacious, Neptune Pwani Beach Resort & Spa is an ideal choice for guests in search of a retreat that offers the "special touch", matched with attention to the finest of details. The Resort has been meticulously created, emulating traditional Zanzibar style, using the best in local design, interiors and furnishing, meeting top international standards. The Resort features 150 rooms all with terrace and ocean view, situated in 2 level blocks and 4 individual beachfront suites with in-room Jacuzzi. Facilities include 3 restaurants, 2 bars, the Rain & Earth Spa, the Spherique Boutique, conference room and facilities and a water sports centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Jovago.com, Agoda and Cancelon so you can book your Neptune Pwani Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandies Neptune Pwani Beach Hotel Pwani Mchangani
- Neptune Pwani Beach Kiwengwa
- Neptune Pwani Beach Hotel Kiwengwa
- Neptune Pwani Beach Resort & Spa Zanzibar Island/Pwani Mchangani