El Caribe Resort & Conference Center
Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Oceanfront(Daytona Beach Shores)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$120
Great 4.5/5
Lexington Inn & Suites(Daytona Beach Shores)(Great Value!)
US$123
Very Good 4/5
Best Western Aku Tiki Inn(Daytona Beach Shores)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$124
Agoda.com
Great 4.5/5
Sun Viking Lodge(Daytona Beach Shores)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$104
Great 4.5/5
Dream Inn(Daytona Beach Shores)(Great Value!)
US$104
Very Good 4/5
Days Inn Daytona Oceanfront(Daytona Beach Shores)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$80
Very Good 4/5
The Shores Resort & Spa(Daytona Beach Shores)
US$221
US$195
  • Pool
Hampton Inn Daytona Shores - Oceanfront(Daytona Beach Shores)(Great Value!)
US$171
Agoda.com
Great 4.5/5
Perry's Ocean Edge Resort(Daytona Beach Shores)(Great Value!)
US$145
Very Good 4/5
The Seascape Inn(Daytona Beach Shores)
US$78
US$76
Travelocity
Average 3/5
  • Pool
All reviewsbagelsocean frontroom was cleangrocery store across the streetcontinental breakfastpools were cleanfull kitchenwinn dixiemaintenance staffbasketball courtan older hotelshuffle boardenjoyed my staytwo queen bedsstaff was very friendlyheated poolfamily vacation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Once again, Hotel-Tonight saved the day (or the night). My wife and I decided to stay in Daytona after we had checked-out our previous hotel. My iPhone Hotel-tonight app got us this hotel to crash for the night on-the-cheap (considering the Holliday weekend).

The place is no resort: It has no spa, fitness room, restaurant, tiki bar, beach lounge, etc. But for the price, it's worth every penny. It's quite dated as indicated by the squeaky mattress, but the buildings were designed to have almost all rooms with ocean-view and private balconies (for me, this alone is worth two stars). They sport full fridge, range, and microwave, to make use of the Winn Dixie supermarket across the street. Yet it offers free continental breakfast.

I will not wold the fact that the place was overcrowded and noisy (till 10:00PM) against the establishment: after all it was Labor-Day weekend. Anyway, Nisha, Maria, and Mack were extremely friendly at the front desk.

Room Tip: This place is specially designed to have almost all rooms with ocean view and private balcony.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Breakfast - continental, with coffee, decaf, tea bags, wrapped bagels, cream cheese, jam, wrapped donuts, cereal in packs, milk, juice, yogurt, fruit. Starts at 6:30, in the office. Large TV.
Room - I had a studio with two queen beds, table and chairs, iron, ironing board, hangers, bureau, flat screen TV, hair dryer, safe,small fridge. Shampoo, bar soaps, skin lotion, private balcony with 2 chairs, microwave, ice bucket,wrapped glasses. Very clean, well maintained, friendly staff. Free ice machine on floor 2, no coke machine. Laundry machines on floor 3.
Nearby - Winn Dixie grocery store, IHOP (large portions), Dollar Store, Roma Pizza (excellent deep-dish pizza), 7-11, barber, Connie's used book store.
Beach - towels available in the office, beach is steps away, lifeguards from 10am to about 5:30, trash and recycle cans on beach, shower and hose at the hotel gate.
Pool - from 3 to 8 feet deep, lounge chairs, umbrellas, towels in the office. There is also a heated pool. Shuffleboard and volleyball and basketball areas.

Room Tip: Just ask for a high floor, they all face the ocean. Some rooms have a separate bedroom and a full kitchen. A car would be nice to have but not required.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank bormanator
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Room was very clean, spacious, entire complex was clean. Very friendly and helpful staff. Excellent price! Nice having Winn Dixie and Dollar General across the street when staying in kitchenette room.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2013

So there's 4 woman in our family n I'm the patriarch. We all needed 2 get away plus I've been 2sick 2 travel as I have stage 4 inoperative cancer but the cancer doesn't stop life. I still have 2 do what us woman all do...cook clean etc. when I read the prices 4 sum of these hotels I was ready 2 book all done but I said lemme just scroll down 2 the small print WAY towards the end. What I read was unreal. Then I read the reviews n that's what did it 4 me. Everyone of el caribes reviews was what I wanted. The beds r AMAZING,the amount of staff was plentiful n they kept the place very clean.when our a/c on the 1st nite wasn't working that well they offered 2fix it,change rms,or even stay in this AMAZING 1bdrm suite 4 n extra $30 a nite. A $200 a nite rm 4 less than a $100 OMG! Breakfast was good staff was amazing especially PORTIA,TAKEESE,CLAY,LESHA,CHERY n I think our maid was leena but if that's the wrong name please give her credit 4 being so nice n doing her job.she did our rm frm 8/7/13 to 8/11/13 n she never was rude. We left her a nice tip. Anyone looking 4 a hotel that caters 2so many important thinks in a getaway this is the place!!! This helped my cancer more than the meds n doc's I see every wk. thx u el caribe from the faryna family ; )

Room Tip: Make sure u ask what rms r available....it's worth it 2 c how large n homey the rms are ......oh an another importantant tid bit ...rite across frm the hotel is Winn-Dixie ,I-hop, an of course a package store 4 alcoholic beverages if that's ur thing
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Great view, room was comfortable and cool. Shower was a little small and the freezer was completely frozen over. My husband and I stayed from July 3-8 and in all that time only 2 people greeted us. The staff overall seemed either irritated or put out by their respective jobs. The woman restocking the breakfast goods was particularly rude, sighing loudly everytime she had to replace something. We were aware this was supposed to be a continental breakfast, but all the pastries were cold (condensation in the package) and the fruit was not ripe (green bananas). The elevator was unbelievably slow and the floor of it was quite often wet and dirty. Beach accessibility was amazing, but we will probably not stay again. Can find a less expensive hotel with a much better breakfast inland.

• Stayed: July 2013
ElCaribeResort, Public Relations Manager at El Caribe Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2013

The El Caribe, as most other oceanfront properties in our area, was filled to capacity over the July Fourth weekend. This is no excuse for poor service or unfriendly attitudes. Our staff has received many accolades, and notes of appreciation from past guests. It seems we did not meet our own criteria in your case. Hotel rates are less expensive inland, as they are not located on the Atlantic Ocean.