Royal Holiday Beach Motel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Daytona Beach Shores
See available hotels
Famous Shores Motel(Daytona Beach Shores)
View Hotel
Tropical Suites Daytona Beach(Daytona Beach Shores)
View Hotel
Sand Castle Motel(Daytona Beach Shores)
View Hotel
Pirates Cove(Daytona Beach Shores)
View Hotel
Days Inn Daytona Oceanfront(Daytona Beach Shores)
View Hotel
Dolphin Beach Club(Daytona Beach Shores)
Beachside Hotel(Daytona Beach)
View Hotel
Daytona Shores Inn and Suites(Daytona Beach Shores)
View Hotel
All reviewswonderful hostsfishing pierhome away from homesecond homeclean roomswithin walking distancereasonable ratesbeach frontmarilynpierreoceanfloridarefrigerator
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 April 2010

We stay at this Hotel evey year when we go to Daytona Beach. The rooms are very clean, and nice. The room we stayeed in had a small kitchenette to fix quick meals when we come up from the pool or beach. This is a great place to go with kids and have beach chairs and boogey board available to use. The owners are very nice and will know you by name and strike up a passing conversation when they see you! We feel very safe here with our kids (6&8), and it is right on the beach. We are 5 minutes from anything we need (resturaunts, grocery store, etc).

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank JHawk0769
Reviewed 19 November 2009

I have been staying at the Royal Holiday Beach Motel for the past 19 years and it is my home away from home. Let me tell you about my favorite get-away...

The family-owned Royal Holiday Beach Motel is located right on the beautiful Atlantic Ocean. The Joncas family from Cornwall, Ontario have owned and operated it since 1990 and they have become very special friends of mine. You see, I also owned a motel in Sanford for 26 years so we have a lot in common. Their property is 'spotless' and they have a wonderful clientel which has always made me feel comfortable and safe when I vacationed there.

I was there 2 weekends ago and as I was packing, I was so excited about the fact that I was taking myself on a little vacation. It is so close to me but when I drive over the Dunlawton Bridge (to get over the Halifax River) that leads from Port Orange to Daytona Beach Shores, the view of the ocean is breath-taking and I never tire of it. I feel so fortunate to have this clean and cozy motel and it's desirable location so close to me that I knew the last time I was there that I must share it with others. There is nothing like a long walk on a beach to rejuvenate one's spirit. It is amazing how a little get-away can make you feel like a million bucks.

Pete and Marilyn have a nice website so you can visit their property on your computer. Website: www.royalholidaybeachmotel.com
Their son Chris also works there and they all make their guests feel so welcome. Some times I just miss seeing them and it makes me want to go for a visit and have a mini-vacation at the same time. I know that if any of you decide to visit them and their beautiful motel, you will become a repeat customer, just like I am.

One of the highlights for me when I go for a weekend is to visit Aunt Catfish On The River Restaurant for their Sunday Brunch. It is, without a doubt, OUT OF THIS WORLD with such an array of scrumptious food, it will totally amaze you. If you haven't experienced that Sunday Brunch, you don't know what you are missing.
Website: www.auntcatfishontheriver.com

If you know of some friends or family up north that have talked about not being happy with facing another long winter, The Royal Holiday Beach Motel has great monthly rates for their "Snowbirds". They will love the regulars that will be there as they even remember me when I arrive.

I am grateful to have known them and their son Chris for all these years. Trust me....you will truly enjoy a little get-away to the World's Most Famous Beach and The Royal Holiday Beach Motel.

Elaine Zadow
Sanford, FL

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled solo
3  Thank Sudburian
Reviewed 12 November 2009

We just returned from our fourth stay at Royal Holiday Beach Motel during the first week of November, 2009, and we can't find a better place for us in Daytona as this place is almost perfect for our needs. This is one of the last GREAT small beachside motels in Daytona left after all the condos have been built in the past few years.

Royal Holiday is everything we want in a small, family-owned beachside motel. The Joncas family take real pride in their small hotel and we really enjoy staying with them.
Just three doors south of the Sunglow Peir, location is excellent, especially for Port Orange access via the Dunlawton Bridge. The motel has only about 30 to 32 rooms and two floors (top floor has best views of ocean), but the rooms are huge, clean, and bright, windows worked well and sealed good, the closet had adequate space for all our clothes with large mirror on front, and the A/C worked very well in the room, which is important in a high-humidity place like the beach. The beds aren't quite as firm as I'm used to, but I sleep on a rock-hard mattress at home, so that's probably not an issue for most folks.

We had a full kitchen, with full-sized fridge/freezer and stove. Plenty of pots, pans, and cooking utensils are supplied as well. The bathroom is small and bathroom storage is limited, but there is a good-sized cabinet under the sink vanity. The bathrooms are also very clean and well maintained, even if the fixtures are older.

The Joncas family are very good about keeping the entire motel very well maintained and will have any problems you encounter fixed as soon as they can.

Housekeeping service is very good, but is not provided on Sunday or holidays, so fair warning if this bothers you. They do, however, leave you enough towels, soap, and toilet paper to get you through.

Location of food services is very close by, with some great restaurants in the area (within 1 mile even). Port Orange is just across the Dunlawton bridge and you can find everything there, including a Wal-Mart Supercenter and a Super Target. The K-Mart in Port Orange (Nova Rd) has now closed, but there's still plenty of other businesses in the area and more restaurants than you can count.

I definitely recommend this motel for a beach-side Daytona stay. You won't find a better small motel along Atlantic Ave.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2009

We arrived at this motel without booking as our itineray was flexible,as it was on the beach we expected it to be fully booked, but fortunately for us there were 2 rooms beside each other with sea views.
The owners Marilyn and her husband, couldn't have been nicer, or more helpful.
They provided beach towels and loungers,and also some washing powder for the machine free of charge.
The rooms were were very well maintained and clean and spacious.
We travel a lot in the USA and love the great hospatality we receive 99% of the time, but at this motel they give 100%.Thanks Marilyn we had a great time hope to be back soon.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tam519
Reviewed 16 July 2009

This motel was a wonderful place to stay. We stayed the last four nights of our touring holiday here. We wanted somewhere to just chill out in preparation of our flight back to the U.K. We drove in and looked at the motel, it was spotless. We ask if we could see one of the room before we decided and Marilyn showed us room 11 and 12, on the same level as the car park, overlooking pool and beach. The rooms themselves were spotless and had very comfortable beds and alot of space, a kitchen area with everything in it even a kettle which meant alot to us Brits. We would recommend this place to anyone and we hope to go back soon. The hosts were lovely people and so helpful nothing was too much trouble for them. (I must also mention that this motel is very near to Crabby's on the pier and they do the most fantastic chocolate sundae) We also watched the sun rise and the dolphins swim. Beautiful.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends