Famous Shores Motel
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Oceanfront(Daytona Beach Shores)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$96
HIExpress.com
Lexington Inn & Suites(Daytona Beach Shores)(Great Value!)
US$123
Sun Viking Lodge(Daytona Beach Shores)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$104
El Caribe Resort & Conference Center(Daytona Beach Shores)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$94
Groupon.com
Hampton Inn Daytona Shores - Oceanfront(Daytona Beach Shores)(Great Value!)
US$120
Agoda.com
Daytona Shores Inn and Suites(Daytona Beach Shores)
US$79
US$76
Perry's Ocean Edge Resort(Daytona Beach Shores)(Great Value!)
US$145
Emerald Shores Hotel(Daytona Beach Shores)(Great Value!)
US$123
Hotwire.com
Grand Prix Motel(Daytona Beach Shores)
US$62
US$58
Agoda.com
The Seascape Inn(Daytona Beach Shores)
US$78
US$76
Travelocity
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 December 2012

I am a world traveler and a Daytona native. I have no illusions about quality of hospitality properties.

Property needs some work, which it seems is underway. The manager is awesome. You get what you pay for, and this place is cheap, but it Rebecca, the manager (not the yahoos that they got rid of during my stay) is really wonderful. In fact, I felt compelled to write her a recommendation, which I pretty much never do without being asked.

Bottom line- there has been some negative talk about things happening at this property and the possible management involvement.

Based upon my experience both in travel and in cleaning out problem properties, I can honestly say that the problems that were here before Rebecca have been taken care of. This is a small community with a very professional police force. I don't doubt people came here and tried to get away with illegal stuff, but I went there more than willing to deal with some of those things, and found that Rebecca (not the idiot she was originally paired with, whose name was Allen) had taken made it her mission to change the face of the place. It is my impression that she had limited assistance from the ownership at first, but when the realized things were out of hand, they were dealt with.

As of 12/23/2012, this motel is a somewhat run-down but very well managed spot across from the best part of the beach in Daytona (away from downtown but a short drive away). It is also highly affordable.

My advice would be this- if you are looking for a nice hotel, get real, you don't get that for 30-50 a night. Try 200. If you are looking for a safe and clean place to stay for minimal cash in the Daytona - Ponce Inlet area, you could do far worse than this spot, especially as long as Rebecca is running it.

Enjoy the beach. The food right down the street at Crabby Joe's on Sunglow Pier, not to be confused with Eat at Joe's or whatever the new place on Main St. Pier is called, is really good and cheap, and the staff are awesome.

Room Tip: take a room upstairs- where you can see the surf out front and the river and sunset out the back. it's a hell of a view for the price
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
c n, Manager at Famous Shores Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2012

Thank you so much for your comment. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that I was able to help see to that. We are under renovations here, so we are not the most beautiful motel, but we are in the most beautiful place. My goal here is to give a little happiness to others and let them know they are special. Hopefully we will see you again soon. It was a pleasure meeting you.

Reviewed 3 August 2012

I heard that the Famous Shores Motel was under new management, which I thought was something long over due! With all of the negative reviews and a past experience that was not good, I took the chance and came back. I am so glad that I did, and every time I am in Daytona I will stay here. The new managers Allen and Rebecca are wonderful. Every need is met. The rooms are clean. It feels as though it is family owned, and you feel as though you are important to them. I strongly recomened staying here, and I hope Allen and Rebecca stay right where they are. Believe me, what they are doing there and how they treat thier guest, you cant get any better.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank david d
Reviewed 20 March 2011

First I would like to say there is a major lack of communication here. The man (mgr) on the phone who reserved my stay told me 440. I said "great". When we got there a few weeks later, there was a lady in the office who told me a discounted price of 220 because she had accidentally rented our room to someone else, and offered me the suite which was the only room left available....so naturally I'm like " Are you sure?" She tells me that's what she was told to charge me, and she showed me my resevation card which confirmed this. So I'm thinking ok, and I paid her. Well after three days the manager must have popped in was going over things, and he calls me while we were out and tells me there was a mistake, and I owe $200 more or I can leave tonight. I told him I had a reciept that i would show to authorities, and it was a done deal. When i got back tot the room, my things had been gone through, and my reciept was taken from my bag of luggage! Above all of this, we had dead bugs in the room in the kitchen cabinets, and refrigerator...YUCK. I will never stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank mgroper27055
Reviewed 23 April 2008

I should have known it was a mistake when it took 7 calls to nail down the manager for a reservation. Our reservation was for after Bike Week had ended. Upon arrival, we were told by a girl in the office that our room was $457 for 2 nights. We'd been told $60 per night. They honored this even though they don't give confirmation numbers or written confirmation in any form so I had no proof.

The room was very clean, even though the furniture was not in good shape. And the air conditioner did work well. Those are the only 2 good things about it.

The first night, someone in a nearby room had burned food and our room smelled horribly of burned food and room freshener that they had sprayed in our room.

As in previous reviews, the second night when we arrived back at 11 PM, there wasn't a towel in the room and noone in the office to contact.Clientele didn't make us feel safe.

I urge you not to stay here.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank CandiS49
Reviewed 10 June 2006

I have stayed at this little motel many times in the distant past. Each time it has been a reliable, clean and frugal stay. Historically it has been family owned, but right now it has a resident manager and the owner drops by. He needs to stay longer, because his guests are not quite getting the service I believe he thinks they are getting. Staff is friendly, but not real clued into service, had to ask for clean towels, etc.
Stayed in a room with kitchen, used to have a oven as well, but now just a top burner and microwave, toaster,coffeepot, and standard refrigerator, so convenient if you are on a budget and/or dont wish to eat out every night. Kitchen sparsly furnished, but usable. ( I cook ahead of time in the comfort of my own kitchen, and reheat it there). The end rooms upstairs give you a little more view and more privacy on the balcony. Room 14 is a two room suite.
We paid $50 per night, the beach access was a little walk further than in the past, due to construction which has changed the topography. The Sunglow Fishing Pier, adjacent the beach access, is very convenient, bring your poles! There is also a restaurant on the Pier, serving B, L,& D, which we did not have time to try, but were told the food was good. It was always busy. I can recommend Aunt Catfish's for a great meal.
This section of town is a bit quieter than the north end, but that is about to change forever with all the building going on, sorry to say. Its turning into Miami Beach, high rises everywhere. Very sad, I fear what will happen with the next big storm.

4  Thank Manateelover