Sun Viking Lodge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Seven Seas Resort(Daytona Beach Shores)
View Hotel
Lexington Inn & Suites(Daytona Beach Shores)
View Hotel
Ocean Court Motel(Daytona Beach Shores)
View Hotel
Delta Hotels Daytona Beach Oceanfront(Daytona Beach Shores)
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Hawaiian Inn(Daytona Beach Shores)
View Hotel
Tropical Manor(Daytona Beach Shores)
View Hotel
Best Western Aku Tiki Inn(Daytona Beach Shores)
View Hotel
Perry's Ocean Edge Resort(Daytona Beach Shores)
View Hotel
The Seascape Inn(Daytona Beach Shores)
  • Pool
All reviewsoutdoor poolwater slideskids activitieshot tuba huge hitkids loveactivities directorfull kitchendaily activitiescorn holegreat place for familiesbasketball courthigh riseentire familybit datedfamily vacationyear after year
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 January 2008

We have stayed at the Sun Viking Lodge on December 26 for one night and on January 1, 08 for one night. This was not our first stays either. We all love this place. On Dec 26 we were welcomed very nicely, but on Jan 1, I don't know who they were but they were not very friendly nor very fast on the service but I would never keep that against the Lodge.. It's a great place. The outdoor pool was really warm (really heated) and clean.

We recommend this place to anyone, couples, families, long stays or just a one night thing... this place is great.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled with family
7  Thank Dynalowrider
Reviewed 31 December 2007

This was our first trip to the Sun Viking Lodge in Daytona Beach and we are already planning to return. The rooms were clean and the full kitchen was very useful. The kids and adults both loved using the indoor and outdoor heated pools. It was great being able to swim outside in December! We were very impressed with all aspects, hotel staff, housecleaning, amenitites, etc. and would recommend this hotel to families! We will be returning!

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled with family
6  Thank mickeymouse4u
Reviewed 28 December 2007

This was our second stay at Sun Viking, and we again really enjoyed it. What a great place for kids, parents, and grandparents! We were traveling with children (8 & 10) and grandparents (70 and 80) and had nice first-floor adjoining rooms -- very convenient for getting everyone in and out. The outdoor and indoor pools were nice and warm enough for a swim even on a mild but not particularly warm December night. Everything was clean. The price was also reasonable. A wonderful, slightly quirky, local gem -- a great antidote to the blandness and homogenaity of the big corporate chains.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled with family
6  Thank amwdew
Reviewed 24 December 2007

Loved the indoor pool, hottub and prices! (You become a VIP guest after 1 stay!)

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank Illusive333
Reviewed 13 November 2007

After arriving in Daytona from Kentucky and driving over 14 hours, we go to the property we originally booked at, but had to leave due to room cleanliness. We saw this place had a waterslide and was close to where we were going to stay, so we checked it out. The guy who checked us in was willing to help us out since it was late and we were already tired from having to change hotels.

We ended up with an ocean view suite. The room was clean overall, and we had a great time. Every member in my family tried the slide, from my 6 yr old daughter to my 50+ yr old mother. We all had a blast. Altough we didn't partake in any of the free activites, others did and they seemed to have had a blast.

The outside of the property was very clean as well, and when I woke up each morning, I saw someone sweeping up, keeping it clean.

Things I didn't like and if they were fixed would make give it a 5 star rating from me.

***Do not charge for the safes, that should be free

***I understand the key deposit, but dont like it

***The ceiling fan needed to be cleaned. It had dust on the top and when I turned it off, it looked very dirty and I felt like dust was in the air.

***Since it's a family hotel, I think the pool/slide could be open longer.

***The indoor pool's waterfall wasn't working one day, but was the next. Should stay on all the time.

***The Viking Kafe's food was good, but a little overprices. I think the lunch/breakfast specials should have came with a soda/coffee for the price, or lower the price by $1.00. Food was good though.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank transpireKy